• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nothing wrong with that buddy but perhaps unfairly I can't see any positives out of Downing still being here when he's done bugger all for us and the manager clearly doesn't seem to want him. I'd be as delighted as anyone if he rolls back the years for the next three or four months and plays really well for us but I just can't see why that would happen unfortunately.

So he was considering going but then suddenly remembered he was having a house built? :) If the deal had been acceptable to him and us he'd have gone and the house would still have been there when he packs in playing in a couple of years. He couldn't go to the club he wanted to so he didn't go.

Big game. Do feel we need a win in this one to ease some tension and broaden that gap with the chasing pack. Especially with Spurs and Everton to follow (two games I fully expect us to take 0 points from). Predicting 1-1.

Difficult to predict our line up. But I think it's safe to assume that there will be 3 CM's; question is will it be a back five or not. With Friend, Husband and Ramirez out, and Downing perhaps back in favour, from right to left...

4-3-2-1; Valdes, Chambers, Espinosa, Gibson, Da Silva, De Roon, Clayton, Forshaw, Traore, Downing, Negredo.

or

5-3-1-1; Valdes, Chambers, Espinosa, Ayala, Gibson, Da Silva, De Roon, Leadbitter, Forshaw, Traore/Stuani/Bamford, Negredo.

Suspect we'll probably the former. If so I'd be happy to see Ayala back alongside Gibson, though guess Espinosa would get the nod.

So he was considering going but then suddenly remembered he was having a house built? :) If the deal had been acceptable to him and us he'd have gone and the house would still have been there when he packs in playing in a couple of years. He couldn't go to the club he wanted to so he didn't go.

I think the word was we wouldn't let him go to a relegation rival and he wouldn't drop down to the Championship. So Prem deals were no good for us and Champ deals no good for him.

Big game. Do feel we need a win in this one to ease some tension and broaden that gap with the chasing pack. Especially with Spurs and Everton to follow (two games I fully expect us to take 0 points from). Predicting 1-1.

Difficult to predict our line up. But I think it's safe to assume that there will be 3 CM's; question is will it be a back five or not. With Friend, Husband and Ramirez out, and Downing perhaps back in favour, from right to left...

4-3-2-1; Valdes, Chambers, Espinosa, Gibson, Da Silva, De Roon, Clayton, Forshaw, Traore, Downing, Negredo.

or

5-3-1-1; Valdes, Chambers, Espinosa, Ayala, Gibson, Da Silva, De Roon, Leadbitter, Forshaw, Traore/Stuani/Bamford, Negredo.

Suspect we'll probably the former. If so I'd be happy to see Ayala back alongside Gibson, though guess Espinosa would get the nod.

Chambers is injured isn't he?

or

Chambers is injured isn't he?

Oh crap, you're right. Hmm. Barragan it is then in a 4-3-3 I'd assume.

Aye, 4-3-3 for me:

GK - Valdes

RB - Barragan

CB - Espinosa

CB - Gibson

LB - Fabio

CM - de Roon

CM - Clayton

CM - Forshaw

RW - Stuani

ST - Negredo

LW - Downing

I'm with you on that one, that's the most effective team for this game, as far as I'm concerned.

Snowblinds 4-3-3 for me.

West Brom are an established and strong premiership team so we need to match them for grit and I think that formation/team is most likely to do that.

Praying for 3 points ...maybe a last minute winner a la Hull last year , but a point is not a complete disaster.

I cant see how we cant play adama tonight!

Having no pace or outlet is only to increase the pressure around the stadium...

For me the team has to be

Valdes

Barragan ayala Gibson Fabio

De roon Clayton

Stuani Downing Adama

Negredo