oneBoro Forum

Boro vs West Bromwich Albion 1-1

We're going down aren't we?

Because of a draw with a decent side, when on another day could easily have been a win?

It's happened too many times this season. The fight is there but the quality isn't. With Swansea, Crystal Palace and Watford winning it was actually pretty bad. Not moaning, just being realistic.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hate to say it but after tonight and January transfer window I think we are going down unless something drastically changes. Competition around us have strengthened and are beginning to grind out wins at home instead of laboured draws

I'd say it's 50/50.

I just honestly don't see where our next points are coming from. I'm off to bed a bit depressed by us at the minute, hopefully wake up to news of a last minute wonder signing but I won't hold my breath

Honestly I think the way we stay up is by beating Swansea/Palace/Sunderland and Hull

Because of a draw with a decent side, when on another day could easily have been a win?

It's happened too many times this season. The fight is there but the quality isn't. With Swansea, Crystal Palace and Watford winning it was actually pretty bad. Not moaning, just being realistic.

Exactly. We just lack quality, never get excited when anyone bar Traore has the ball. We have no idea how to attack as a unit and we honestly look very much like a Championship side

exactly my thoughts, but if you say things like this the rose tinted squad will insult you and tell you to F off.

if we survive i will be veryyyyyyy suprised. i mean have you seen our next 6 games good lord we'll be lucky if we get 3 points.

Don't even think it's a bad result, all the drive is there but our squad just lacks actual ability and talent.

I think Karanka is probably over achieving with some of these players.

exactly my thoughts, but if you say things like this the rose tinted squad will insult you and tell you to F off.

if we survive i will be veryyyyyyy suprised. i mean have you seen our next 6 games good lord we'll be lucky if we get 3 points.

We seem to turn it on a bit against the big boys - you just never know. It would be pretty typical Boro to knack the big guns after the last set of results!

Not a bad result or performance tonight. The first 15 minutes were dire, but the goals lifted us a lot. Probably a fair result as both teams will be scratching their heads as to why they didn't score more.

I expected nothing from this game so am happy with a point. But am over the moon with the performance. Traore may steal the nickname beast from Negredo at this rate. Brilliant going forward, and did some great defensive work. Moving him a touch more centrally negates the need for him to cross so he links up with short passes.

Negredo worked his ass off too. It's a shame we didn't win but also we could've easily lost it as well.

The only thing I'll say as a slight dampener, is that this game was crying out for Gaston hope he has his head right come Saturday 5pm

I think tonights performance wasnt that bad! A point against West Brom is a big point on the grander scale of things, and we could have easily had another penna... if we keep nicking points here and there against the decent teams, and beat the teams around us, we will be fine. Adama was really fun to watch tonight, and the tracking back he did was fantastic. I see light at the end of the tunnel. One concern i have is bamford. I like the lad, a hell of a lot, but he is lacking so much in match sharpness, and we need someone that can hit the ground running... cant see him having the influence we need in the near future, but deffo a great signing for the long term, in my opinion.