• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We probably could have lost tonight and didn't so that's a positive but that's about it really.  I don't know where we're going to get wins from unless we figure out a way to attack teams with more skill/creativity/nous/ call it whatever you will.  And worryingly I think defensively we are looking more suspect as the season goes on.

We miss Chambers. Espinosa is decent backup but actually seems to be getting worse (except in the air, to be fair), and Gibson kept shonking clearances straight up in the air. 4 or 5 times, he did that, which is concerning.

We probably could have lost tonight and didn't so that's a positive but that's about it really.  I don't know where we're going to get wins from unless we figure out a way to attack teams with more skill/creativity/nous/ call it whatever you will.  And worryingly I think defensively we are looking more suspect as the season goes on.

We miss Chambers. Espinosa is decent backup but actually seems to be getting worse (except in the air, to be fair), and Gibson kept shonking clearances straight up in the air. 4 or 5 times, he did that, which is concerning.

Yes I agree mate we miss Chambers and to be fair we miss a settled back four I suppose but there's been a few games now where I think we've looked less than impressive defensively whoever has been playing and we obviously haven't improved going the other way so that could be a bit of a problem!

I'm starting to get extremely nervous. We really need to pick up three points at home against teams like West Brom. Whilst they’re well organised and difficult to play against they present a much better opportunity to pick up three points than against the likes of the top 6. The thing that’s nagging me most is our run in. If we’re needing to pick up points to lift ourselves away from the bottom three I’m really not confident that we’re capable of doing that. Couple that with Palace’s new signings, Swansea uplift in form and our continued disjointed performances (especially at home) and I’m wondering whether we’ve got enough to keep our heads up.

Yes I agree mate we miss Chambers and to be fair we miss a settled back four I suppose but there's been a few games now where I think we've looked less than impressive defensively whoever has been playing and we obviously haven't improved going the other way so that could be a bit of a problem!

I'm bemused at Espinosa's selection. I really am. Now Ayala is fit and not suspended he HAS to start.

Strange game yesterday, Espinosa looked poor a couple of times at the back but on the whole I though we zipped the ball round much quicker in general and looked a threat. We were pinned back the last 15 minutes or so so I think a point is a fair result.

I can't fault the effort of the players and Adama is really upping his game

But we just don't have that know how and quality to get the job done

We were lucky with a point considering west brom hit the post twice ,how that never went in I don't know. Im still baffled by his subs as well I'm not Downings biggest fan but thought he might have been brought on or even Fischer. Does Karanka trust his squad?. Let's hope we can scrape a win soon, keep the faith.

We were lucky with a point considering west brom hit the post twice ,how that never went in I don't know. Im still baffled by his subs as well I'm not Downings biggest fan but thought he might have been brought on. Let's hope we can scrape a win soon.

Really don't know where our next win in the league is going to come from. Need a spark from somewhere. Hopefully Ramirez gets shot straight back into the team on Saturday.

We were lucky with a point considering west brom hit the post twice ,how that never went in I don't know. Im still baffled by his subs as well I'm not Downings biggest fan but thought he might have been brought on. Let's hope we can scrape a win soon.

Really don't know where our next win in the league is going to come from. Need a spark from somewhere. Hopefully Ramirez gets shot straight back into the team on Saturday.

Same KM, but will Gaston play as well as we know he can or will he not bother? We will see. But once again being reliant on one player to drag us out off it and not signing anyone in the summer or Jan window as a replacement/competition for Gaston or the wings is poor. Does anyone think Ak will still be here ?

I thought it was quite an even and decent game against a team very similar to us, just a few years down the line. On another day each team could have won it so a draw was fair.

Valdes - 7- didnt do a lot wrong even with every corner coming under his crossbar. Saw the goal late througj a few players.

Barragan - 6.5 - won quite a few headers and tackles against a stronger faster opponent. Isolated on the wing at times looking for help so lost some effectiveness.

Gibson - 5.5 - Not sure if he missed Chambers or just had an off day. Didnt seem composed with balls coming into the box and there were a few times he wasnt as tight as he could be to his marker.

Bernado - 5.5 - same defensive deficiences as Gibson.

Fabio - 6.5 - gets up and down the line, pops up in centre mid, beats 6ft+ right backs in the air...he is my favourite player in terms of attitude. Needs to play RB to be on his favoured foot for crosses

Clayton - 6 - just another tidy performance. He really cant shoot though

Forshaw - 6.5 -tidy performance, carried us forward a few times. Nearly played Negreso in and almost through on goal himself. Got back well to block Phillips after he burned past us

DeRoon -7- remind me of Ji Sung Park in the acm role in that his main job is still defence. Battled well and I can see him being the box to box cm we need in a 4231 if Ramirez sorts himself out. Battled well, needed to shut up talking to the ref and think it was his flick round that led to the penalty

Traore - 8 - the lad gets better every game and he put some fantastic balls in today and but for the fact Brom have a beastly back 4 and Foster somehow kept Stuanis rebound out then he would have had an assist today. Nice to see him roaming infield a bit too. That run back to block Phillips shows he does have tactical awareness. Now just needs to keep pushing on as he is key to our survival.

Stuani - 5.5 - I knoe he pops up in the box now and again but every time he has the ball at his feet I wonder how I never made it pro. For me he is a CF. Nothing more. Needs to play up front where he can hold the ball up and give simple passes, feed off crosses and set ups to smash shots on his right.

Negredo - 6.5- never stopped running and his penalty was a throwback to Yakubu. Almosy got in a few times but what I like about his is even if the pass doesnt come off he applauds the idea as opposed to whinging. He was even organising people at defending corners and he seems like a leader.

Karanka - 6 - got the starting line up right I guess considering who was fit, and brough Bamford on in decent time. But we really should have been seeing Downing for Traore around 70/75 mins and the Gestede sub around the same time.

Strange game yesterday, Espinosa looked poor a couple of times at the back but on the whole I though we zipped the ball round much quicker in general and looked a threat. We were pinned back the last 15 minutes or so so I think a point is a fair result.

We were lucky with a point considering west brom hit the post twice ,how that never went in I don't know. Im still baffled by his subs as well I'm not Downings biggest fan but thought he might have been brought on or even Fischer. Does Karanka trust his squad?. Let's hope we can scrape a win soon, keep the faith.

Agree with both those posts. I thought we did have some good spells of possession (even if that was due to West Brom letting us have the ball) we massively lacked movement in the final third though. We were crying out for Stuani or Traore to make a run across the centre halves or for Negredo to pull a centre half out of position to allow a midfield runner.

We were crying out for a little bit of craft through the middle in the second half and i thought Downing could've provided that. Forshaw is a tidy player but in a midfield three we need a bit from him on the ball. It's ok moving the ball left to right if you have someone who can make something happen out wide.; Traore is capable of that but we hit a brick wall when the ball went to Stuani. He rarely crept in at the back post either.

If I have to look at this game as the first game for the rest of the season after the horrific and disruptive january window I'll say it's a decent but unspectacular start. We came back from going behind, which we never do, so that's a start and we hade some OK moves going forward and got a few men in the box on occasions. We've done a lot of chopping and changing in defence lately so that is bound to affect the stability. I still don't understand why Ayala didn't start ahead of Bernardo but that is probably due to match fitness.

Anyways, I hope we can move forward now and get a surprise result against Spurs and Everton.

At least we know Stuani can cover the left. It means we at least have another option on that side, and Stuani playing on the same pitch as Negredo is the closest we're going to get to playing 2 up top. Sadly though, it's still a square peg in a round hole... Typical Boro.

Square peg round hole is a saying used to batter every manager. But Chelsea have 4-5 and are top of the league. Players can play other positions

Well, we'll differ on that bit. I think that was a game to be won and we simply weren't up to it.

Well we obviously wernt up to it. But I didn't think we'd get anything from that game so a point is a good result for me. West Brom had a crap first 5 games take them away and they are top 6 this season. I think people just look at the invisible team West Brom and think we should beat them