oneBoro Forum

Boro vs West Bromwich Albion 1-1

At least we know Stuani can cover the left. It means we at least have another option on that side, and Stuani playing on the same pitch as Negredo is the closest we're going to get to playing 2 up top. Sadly though, it's still a square peg in a round hole... Typical Boro.

Square peg round hole is a saying used to batter every manager. But Chelsea have 4-5 and are top of the league. Players can play other positions

Chelsea are only playing two players in new positions. Moses at rwb and Dave on the right of a back 3. Besides if they can actually play that position consistently well, are they still a square peg in a round hole?

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At least we know Stuani can cover the left. It means we at least have another option on that side, and Stuani playing on the same pitch as Negredo is the closest we're going to get to playing 2 up top. Sadly though, it's still a square peg in a round hole... Typical Boro.

Square peg round hole is a saying used to batter every manager. But Chelsea have 4-5 and are top of the league. Players can play other positions

Chelsea are only playing two players in new positions. Moses at rwb and Dave on the right of a back 3. Besides if they can actually play that position consistently well, are they still a square peg in a round hole?

Well I guess that's up to individuals wether they think that player is managing in that position or not. Some will always say a player is out of position if it's not his natural one regardless of performances. I know Chelsea supporters that think Moses shouldn't be there and Liverpool supporters that think Milner should never be lb

@richmfc - It's also a completely different calibre of player, and players who have the required skills and traits to be able to play those positions. Call him a wide target man, an inside forward, whatever you like - Stuani is not a wide man. He can 'do a job' there, aye, but it's not a true solution to the problem.

I think it works better when Adama is playing because our main outlet is down the right, which allows Stuani to ghost in at the far post and do the job of a traditional poacher; get himself into a scoring position and hope he ball falls to him. In terms of build up play, though, it just exacerbates the issues we already have.

You know Chelsea supporters who still think Moses shouldn't be playing RWB?

You'd be suprised. I know Chelsea supporters that think conte plays the wrong way and once he gets found out they will get relagated.

My point was though that some people will only ever see a player out of position regardless of how they play

Not that I think stuani is a rm though

On reflection we actually played fairly well last night, most of the first half was the sort of football we were playing when Karanka first came to the club, actually was pretty good to watch, Adama a joy to watch when he plays like that. Just worrying how quickly we ran out of ideas though, as we have seen far too many times there is just no plan B. Karanka has a good right to be annoyed, stuck playing a striker out on the left, looks to the bench and has to bring another striker on to play left wing and bring on a striker who it sounds like he doesnt even want.

We could be on the verge of something special with 1/2 players but someone really has let the club down over the last few weeks, mad that with this squad we are in real danger of being relegated.

Should have never got to this stage but Swansea are winning games again and Hull and Sunderland have just picked up points against top 4 sides, worrying times for the club

You'd be suprised. I know Chelsea supporters that think conte plays the wrong way and once he gets found out they will get relagated.

Not sure if serious :D

I'm sure you've met Chelsea supporters. So you know it's true :)

You'd be suprised.   I know Chelsea supporters that think conte plays the wrong way and once he gets found out they will get relagated.

Not sure if serious :D

I'm sure you've met Chelsea supporters. So you know it's true :)

maybe they were dyslexic and they meant  regulated :dodgy: