oneBoro Forum

Boro vs West Bromwich Albion 1-1

Guest Changing Times

Decision to make.

Do I go to the game tonight and risk my vocal support for the team forcing the lads to kick the ball forwards rather than sideways or do I stay at home removing that risk and watch the game on the internet whilst also keeping track of potential deadline day moves we make for whatever rubbish Championship calibre player we can overpay to come here?

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decision to make.

Do I go to the game tonight and risk my vocal support for the team forcing the lads to kick the ball forwards rather than sideways or do I stay at home removing that risk and watch the game on the internet whilst also keeping track of potential deadline day moves we make for whatever rubbish Championship calibre player we can overpay to come here?

Go to the game mate. I'm even contemplating going to the Bristol City game just to get me away from the transfer thread tonight. (Ultimately I know I'll be glued to it getting more and more disappointed)

Decision to make.

Shout your lungs out during the game and bitch n moan at half/full time - Best of both worlds for you then  :dodgy:

Guest Changing Times

Decision to make.

Shout your lungs out during the game and bitch n moan at half/full time - Best of both worlds for you then  :dodgy:

I never bitch and moan at a game.  Come to think of it I don't do it anywhere else either :)

Decision to make.

I never bitch and moan at a game.  Come to think of it I don't do it anywhere else either :)

Must be getting you mixed up someone else  :dodgy: 

Enjoy the game - Us exiles will be trying to get a stream somehow , wishing we were there

Oh and give it a good old rendition of the Aitor song

Decision to make.

I can't wait to go to the game, can't stand just sitting around only to be disappointed anyway.

Guest Changing Times

Critical analysis is more like what I do.  Bitching and moaning I leave for other people to do about their fellow Boro fans when they don't like what they have to say about something  ;)

Decision to make.

No point going, apparently the noise of the crowd makes no difference to how well the players perform :P .

Guest Changing Times

Decision to make.

No point going, apparently the noise of the crowd makes no difference to how well the players perform :P .

I don't go to help the team, I go to watch the football!  I'm just concerned that any noise I make may inhibit the players.

Decision to make.

I don't go to help the team, I go to watch the football!  I'm just concerned that any noise I make may inhibit the players.

It will make no difference to them, a bloke on the internet said so.

Guest Changing Times

Yeah but the manager seemed pretty insistent that their whole tactical gameplan went out the window so now I don't know what to think  :s

So, I'm new here. Hello. 

This is my suggestion to keep the Nsue chant going, following his departure. Because.. well, because I love it.

The Red Army

Make me happy

The Red Army

Make me feel this way!

I posted this on fmttm earlier, but it's just too negative on there today.

Then I thought of you guys... 

UTB

• Latest Posts

• Kieran Maguire did a breakdown of each championship clubs 20/21 accounts when they were published earlier this year. Bournemouth’s average weekly wage was £27,500, ours was £12,500. They’ve managed to retain the vast majority of their squad since relegation with Danjuma being the only major outgoing. My argument with Mitrovic was only to say that just because a player is surplus to requirements doesn’t mean they are not good enough. I’m also shocked that you think Howson - our player of the season - should be easy to replace. Obviously you are entitled to your opinion, but I personally wouldn’t be shelling out for another midfielder when I feel there are much more important positions to fill. Of course a lot depends on the budget we are working with, but I think we need two strikers, a left wing back (maybe even two), a right wing back, a centre back, and a goalkeeper. I just can’t see us filling each of these positions and getting another midfielder in. I don’t even think in the grand scheme of things that our midfield was that much of an issue last season, it was an inability to score and leaking too many at the back that ultimately cost us.
    • I don't think they do have an embarrassment of riches, which I suppose is another point I'm making.  Bournemouth weren't that good this season, they rarely impressed me when I saw them, and didn't impress me much at all against us. Mitrovic has had a fantastic season at this level, but he still might not be good enough for Newcastle, I'm not really sure what argument you're making there?  He scored 3 goals for Fulham in the Premier League last season.  Either side of that he's scored 26 and 40 in the Championship.  All that proves is that he's more than good enough for this level, which is lower than where Newcastle aimed to be when they sold him. I am realistic about incomings, I'm also realistic about our current players.  Howson was the worst of the three midfielders last season, and needs to be replaced in the side.  It shouldn't cost much at all to bring in a better player than him, he's not even our best midfielder let alone one of the top midfielders in the Championship, so replacing him really shouldn't be difficult.  If the club can't replace a bloke that wasn't that good to begin with when we signed him then what chance have they got of improving the rest of the team adequately enough to win promotion?  A GK, a midfielder, two strikers, left sided player.  Those are our priorities, that's where we need to upgrade in my opinion.
    • Poor article that. 10 mill for Spence? Coulson a Teessider? Come on Craig Johns ffs 
    • https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/middlesbrough-loan-exit-round-up-24049100   This article mentions we are releasing Ste Walker this summer. His release is no surprise but dont think club have confirmed his release. Article again mentions figure of above £10m for Spence. Echo saying £20m. Hopefully somewhere in between.
    • Bournemouth didn't spend much last year, probably about the same as we did I think? For some reason they clearly rated other people ahead of the lad.  Nothing wrong with that of course, and it doesn't need to be a reflection of his ability.  My issue would be if he was our sole midfield signing, then we'd be putting a lot of faith in someone who was taken out of the Bournemouth side for whatever reason.  At some point we need to be bringing in players who will replace those we already have otherwise we're just not improving.