oneBoro Forum

Boro v Tottenham (A) 0-1

Think we'll go with same XI we played against WBA. Defensive lineup needed against Spurs. Maybe see Chambers on the bench. Hope Traore stays on the right if any changes are made mid-game. Looked ineffective on the left... maybe he was just tired.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

If Hull can draw at Old Trafford then I see no reason we can not draw at White Hart Lane

I think Spurs are better than United DS, but I get your point. Swansea also went to Liverpool and won. Burnley beat Liverpool at home. Watford won away at ***nal. I think Palace and Hull both beat Southampton. Sooner or later we need to take a top-half scalp.

Think we'll go with same XI we played against WBA. Defensive lineup needed against Spurs. Maybe see Chambers on the bench. Hope Traore stays on the right if any changes are made mid-game. Looked ineffective on the left... maybe he was just tired.

Think it was a mixture of both to be honest. Stronger on the right and looked very tired. He looked good on the left vs. Accrington but that's entirely different to playing against Walker/Trippier.

Vertonghen is injured so both of Spurs CB's, Dier and Alderweireld, are right footed so that should help Traore on the counterattack taking on the left sided CB when Rose is upfield. I'd stick with the same forward three.

Think it was a mixture of both to be honest. Stronger on the right and looked very tired. He looked good on the left vs. Accrington but that's entirely different to playing against Walker/Trippier.

He didn't really get to challenge Nyom either. I'd prefer him on the right as well, he doesn't seem to be willing to take a shot from distance. Hopefully, he adds that to his game eventually.

I think this is a game when we all expect nothing so anything gained is a bonus, just looking for a good , honest performance and see if that can lead to anything.

Probably need 17 points from 15 games to avoid relegation, any point here would be excellent.

We went to ***nal, Man City and got a point,almost got so muxh more from Man Utd so who knows.

UTB!

Vertonghen is injured so both of Spurs CB's, Dier and Alderweireld, are right footed so that should help Traore on the counterattack taking on the left sided CB when Rose is upfield. I'd stick with the same forward three.

Rose is out injured, so it will be Davies.

Davies is good, but not as quick as Rose, and certainly not as quick as Traore.

Well that's cheered me up!

This match has been moved to lunch time for TV

It's on at 17.30 on BT Sport, I think.

Definitely evening not lunchtime.

sorry my bad 17.30 BT sport

I'd like us to go 4-4-1-1 for this game, make us solid and hard to break down with pace on the flanks!

Gk Valdes

Rb Barragan

Cb Ayala

Cb Gibson

Lb Friend

Rm Traore

Cm Clayton

Cm De Roon

Lm Downing

Am Fischer

St Negredo

I'd like us to go 4-4-1-1 for this game, make us solid and hard to break down with pace on the flanks!

Gk Valdes

Rb Barragan

Cb Ayala

Cb Gibson

Lb Friend

Rm Traore

Cm Clayton

Cm De Roon

Lm Downing

Am Fischer

St Negredo

It's more pacemaker than pace on that left flank!

Gk Valdes

Rb Barragan

Cb Ayala

Cb Gibson

Lb Friend

Rm Traore

Cm Clayton

Cm De Roon

Lm Downing

Am Fischer

St Negredo

It's more pacemaker than pace on that left flank!

More so with the full back over lapping! Plus theres not really any other option with Gaston still injured

Same starting 11 as west brom for me, partly because we played quite well and partly due to a lack of options with Friend, Chambo and Gaston unavailable. I think our usual style is actually perfectly set up for this type of game, keep it tight and try to nick something, as we've shown at ***nal, City and we were only a few minutes away at Man U. I have a sneaky suspicion we can get a point here, although I'll imagine it won't be a classic for the neutrals. A point would he a very good result so I'm going for a 0-0 or maybe even a crazy 1-1. If we score, I'll go Stuani.