• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see him try bamford on the left, pushing inside he'd probably get on the end of some of traores crosses across the box, he's quicker and would suit our counter style better than stuani I think.

I'd like to see him try bamford on the left, pushing inside he'd probably get on the end of some of traores crosses across the box, he's quicker and would suit our counter style better than stuani I think.

Not a bad shout.

Adama will play and we'll have 3 holding mids, I reckon. Reason being, we'll be looking to counter. We can't rely on attacking football because, frankly, we can't play it. Also doubt Karanka will start Guedioura as we all know what he's like with bedding in new signings. So I'm going for:

GK - Valdes

RB - Barragan

CB - Chambers

CB - Gibson

LB - Friend

CM - Clayton

CM - de Roon

CM - Forshaw

RW - Traore

ST - Negredo

LW - Downing

Could easily be Fabio for Barragan and Stuani for Downing, though.

I'm really looking forward to this. Playing a good team with nothing to lose. We have a cracking record against big teams. The players and fans should love it.

I've never been to WHL, am full of cold, and the trains are getting diverted via Cambridge. It's going to be a great day out.

Vertonghen is injured so both of Spurs CB's, Dier and Alderweireld, are right footed so that should help Traore on the counterattack taking on the left sided CB when Rose is upfield. I'd stick with the same forward three.

One of my Spurs suppprting students tells me Rose won't play.

I suspect we will see this sooner rather than later

Maybe it is time for a Karazy Karanka Kurveball:

------------ Valdes ------------

---Chambers Espinosa Gibson--

Fabio De Roon Clayton Downing

---------------- Traore ----------------

------ Bamford ---- Negredo -------

Up the Biro

Up the Biro

Sorry mate but that lineup makes me feel queasy :(

Up the Biro

Sorry mate but that lineup makes me feel queasy :(

Ha - don't apologise. It is never going to happen!

I do like the idea of giving Adama a 'do whatever the hell you like' role though.

Spurs are better than us to a man all over the pitch. They have a bench that can really make a difference plus I think Pottechino is the next Jose/Pep/Fergie all rolled into one. Add to the fact they'll be fuming by being held by Blunderland and they are now at home they'll be right up for this.

With all this in mind I can't see us getting any joy out of it so I'll say this has 2-0 to the Boro written all over it :)

Spurs are better than us to a man all over the pitch. They have a bench that can really make a difference plus I think Pottechino is the next Jose/Pep/Fergie all rolled into one. Add to the fact they'll be fuming by being held by Blunderland and they are now at home they'll be right up for this.

With all this in mind I can't see us getting any joy out of it so I'll say this has 2-0 to the Boro written all over it :)

Thumbs up to that!