• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the people who were confident we'd stay up were confident because they said there were definitely 3 teams worse than us.

I'd like to see if they still feel that way because I'm not so sure.

Most of the people who were confident we'd stay up were confident because they said there were definitely 3 teams worse than us.

I'd like to see if they still feel that way because I'm not so sure.

I was one of those people and I certainly do not feel that way anymore. If we are to stay up we need to start winning games and fast or we are in real trouble.

As it stands right now, we've won the least number of games in the league. Either we start getting wins on the board or we are heading straight back down. I said before the West Brom game, if we don't win it, we're getting relegated. Those are the type of games that effectively determine your season.

It seems like the club are just happy to take the PL money for this season and have another go at promotion next season.

Its suicidal really, but I'm not sure what we can do. Either spend stupid money on mercenaries or just try and put the club into the right footing by securing our long-term success. I'd honestly take us being a strong competitive side for the next 5 years than simply trying to be foolish over the next 5 months.

At the end of the day, relegation would not be catastrophic, but rather hugely disappointing given that its taken us 2 solid years to get up there. And obviously the Championship is getting harder and harder every year now so there is no guarantee we'd walk anything should we drop down into the 2nd tier.

A lot of teams do wind up being relegated because they get into a false sense of security. I remember Birmingham doing this in 2011 when they won the League Cup.

They also couldn't score for ***ty toffee under McCleish and sleep-walked into the bottom 3.

Horrible feeling this is gonna be a nightmare result for us against spurs this evening...im going 6-0 to spurs

I don't think it'll be that bad. They'll probably want to ease up and save some energy after it gets to 3-0. ;)

4-0 at the absolute worst.

Some strange and unexpected results today. Hull and Sunderland certainly not doing us any favours.

Have to say I really fear for Boro's survival because it's always hard to see where the goals are going to come from just lately and the one thing we could rely on previously - our defence - is no longer as solid as it was.

All in all a recipe for relegation.