oneBoro Forum

Boro v Tottenham (A) 0-1

Its ok though, im sure these 3 championship players we got in Jan will save us

It's funny that you call Guedioura a Championship player, he's spent more season in the PL than in the Championship.

Couldnt even get in that Watford midfield, I doubt he has the quality to keep us up

He was getting a run in the Watford midfield until he left for the ACON though.

Hes played 3 games for them this season...

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha we lost 1-0 via penalty to a team 2ND IN THE LEAGUE.

Guess what? They FINISHED last season 2nd, too. Clearly better than us so we were always going to be on the back foot for a lot of that match, we defended really well apart from the penalty and gave it a go towards the end. Looking forward to seeing Guedioura and Ramirez playing together as I think we might attack a bit more.

Some of you lot really need to wind your necks in.

3rd. They finished last season 3rd :)

Shush you, I forgot to double check that :p

Guess what? They FINISHED last season 2nd, too. Clearly better than us so we were always going to be on the back foot for a lot of that match, we defended really well apart from the penalty and gave it a go towards the end. Looking forward to seeing Guedioura and Ramirez playing together as I think we might attack a bit more.

Don't think it's the result that's annoyed people mate, more so the limp manner as per usual. Doesn't matter if we're playing Spurs or Watford, it's still the same style every game. Surely you see that?

That was a hard game to watch. Typically it was one silly mistake that cost us. Again we come alive in the last 20 mins or so. De roon will be gutted to not of scored. If only it was stuani it had fallen too it could of been 1 each. Never mind pick ourselves up we battled all game and go again.

I thought forshaw was poor today, downing was nowhere near the pace of the game either. Fabio stood out, chambers too but all four defenders had a tough ask today. Clayton was ok not great just ok. Traore had one or two good moments but wasn't his game either. Negredo is really looking frustrated with the lack of suport. When stuani and bamford was on negredo seemed better as he had players closer to him.

Its ok though, im sure these 3 championship players we got in Jan will save us

It's funny that you call Guedioura a Championship player, he's spent more season in the PL than in the Championship.

Couldnt even get in that Watford midfield, I doubt he has the quality to keep us up

He was getting a run in the Watford midfield until he left for the ACON though.

Hes played 3 games for them this season...

He's played 12 and played 7 out of 9 before going to ACON.

Please look things up before spouting ***e.

Agree Valdez excellent.

Gibson good

Chambers good

Espinosa poor Ayala everyday of the week for me.

Fabio very good ( and he really does have a hell of a leap on him !!)

Clayton hot n cold

Downing poor again ( don't wish to see him near first team again )

Forshaw worst I've seen him play for us

De Roon ok but missed a sitter

Negredo no service but what a volley and put it on a plate for De Roon very intelligent player

Traore started off well then faded hope injury not bad.

Bamford still a bit lightweight

Guediora once settled into game looks ok looked up n forward certain starter for me.

Stuani done more than downing in 10 mins.

AK

The game was more or less the same [as their 1-1 draw against Manchester City.] We just couldn't score. Once again we have to say that we showed we can compete with anyone. We have to think about ourselves. It depends on us. We are good enough to stay up. We have to forget about the opponents today, playing against one of the best teams in the league, we were open to score goals. We can win games

But you don't go into a game thinking they finished 3rd last season so we will probably lose this one?? Look at Leicester city? That mentality will get you relegated? You go into every game giving 100% and aiming to win. If you go on last season then we should expect to finish 19th? We should be playing our best 11 with the best tactics for them and have a plan b with the players on the bench to execute it. We play the same system regardless of home or away and nothing changes. I love boro and to me 17th will do lovely but playing the way we do and with other teams improving I fear for us.

AK

The game was more or less the same [as their 1-1 draw against Manchester City.] We just couldn't score. Once again we have to say that we showed we can compete with anyone. We have to think about ourselves. It depends on us. We are good enough to stay up. We have to forget about the opponents today, playing against one of the best teams in the league, we were open to score goals. We can win games

No we weren't and no we can't. He's talking *** again.

Our best and only real clear chance came in the 92nd bloody minute for christ sake

AK

Our best and only real clear chance came in the 92nd bloody minute for christ sake

Or you know, the Negredo header...

But you don't go into a game thinking they finished 3rd last season so we will probably lose this one?? Look at Leicester city? That mentality will get you relegated? You go into every game giving 100% and aiming to win. If you go on last season then we should expect to finish 19th? We should be playing our best 11 with the best tactics for them and have a plan b with the players on the bench to execute it. We play the same system regardless of home or away and nothing changes. I love boro and to me 17th will do lovely but playing the way we do and with other teams improving I fear for us.

Actually as a former player I know that thought is in your mind. It usually takes a few minutes for the game to settle before you get an idea of what your up against individually speaking.

My first game for one club was against a team who had won the league 5 or 6 times in row so I can tell you it is daunting. We lost that game :(

Isn't Ramirez back in training next week? He goes straight into the side next weekend if he's fit, Adlene too. Move Chambers in the middle and Barragan back on the right.

AK

Or you know, the Negredo header...

Ok so we had one chance early one (which wasn't particularly clear cut because it was a difficult header to make he was leaning back) but I'll allow it.

2 chances, about 85 minutes apart, neither of which hit the target.

Excellent work in 90 minutes of football.