oneBoro Forum

Boro v Tottenham (A) 0-1

I don't think for a second Ramirez is the answer to all our problems.  But at the moment the opposition double or even treble up in traore and stop him playing if Ramirez plays that would attract attention away from traore and give him more freedom

He's definitely not the answer to all of them, the answer would have been buying a few others like him :P

I'm sure mr karanka would agree

And I'm watching Swansea and they haven't attacked once and no one has accused thier manager of being defencive. Just Man City being too good

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think for a second Ramirez is the answer to all our problems.  But at the moment the opposition double or even treble up in traore and stop him playing if Ramirez plays that would attract attention away from traore and give him more freedom

He's definitely not the answer to all of them, the answer would have been buying a few others like him :P

And I'm watching Swansea and they haven't attacked once and no one has accused thier manager of being defencive. Just Man City being too good

Aye, Man City are just dominating this. Swansea just can't keep the ball and when they get it they give it away. Sounds familiar :P

It's almost like teams at the bottom aren't as good as teams at the top, who knew?

Yes but we're supposed to go all out to get a shot on target and it doesn't matter how many we concede in the process as long as we're 'entertained'.

Clement actually got sacked by Derby for being too defensive, from what I remember.

He's cut from the same mould as AK.

Clement actually got sacked by Derby for being too defensive, from what I remember.

He's cut from the same mould as AK.

No, no, no, he got sacked for trying to get promoted. ;)

People using the "0 shots on target" stat against Karanka is so frustrating.

We had 8 shots, it's not Karanka's fault that none of them were on target.

We lost 1-0 at Spurs, they also beat Chelsea 2-0 at home. Move on.

A lot of those chances were half chances though. I can't really remember a real "should have scored" opportunity. De Roon's maybe but you're still relying on a Centre Midfielder finishing off a chance our lone striker created.

If we create better chances for our forwards, they'll score goals and have more shots on target. It's just common sense.

A lot of those chances were half chances though. I can't really remember a real "should have scored" opportunity. De Roon's maybe but you're still relying on a Centre Midfielder finishing off a chance our lone striker created.

If we create better chances for our forwards, they'll score goals and have more shots on target. It's just common sense.

Agree there weren't many big chances, but I think Negredo's header and De Roon's late chance were certainly there to be finished, and I didn't expect many more clear chances than that to be honest.

If I remember right it was Bamford who won the initial header then Negredo flicked it on? I guess it just fell to the wrong person, but again I can't use that against Karanka, he had Bamford, Negredo and Stuani on the pitch.

Without a doubt we look a lot more threatening when someone is up near Negredo, be it Ramirez behind or Bamford alongside. I can understand the moaning about the WBA result, that game was there to be won, but I just can't fault the approach and set up to the Spurs game considering their incredible home form.