oneBoro Forum

Boro v Tottenham (A) 0-1

AK

The game was more or less the same [as their 1-1 draw against Manchester City.] We just couldn't score. Once again we have to say that we showed we can compete with anyone. We have to think about ourselves. It depends on us. We are good enough to stay up. We have to forget about the opponents today, playing against one of the best teams in the league, we were open to score goals. We can win games

No we weren't and no we can't. He's talking *** again.

Our best and only real clear chance came in the 92nd bloody minute for christ sake

Or you know, the Negredo header...

Ok so we had one chance early one (which wasn't particularly clear cut because it was a difficult header to make he was leaning back) but I'll allow it.

2 chances, about 85 minutes apart, neither of which hit the target.

Excellent work in 90 minutes of football.

I thought we had three chances? Negredo header negredo volley and de roons. ;P

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Spurs were excellent, I thought. Dele All is a heck of a player, but it was Son who was the biggest threat all game long. Gibson, Valdes and especially Fabio were our best players, but we're up against a much better team on their patch so 1-0 is no disgrace. These aren't the games to berate the players for, it's games like the West Ham one that have been failures.

Spurs were excellent, I thought. Dele All is a heck of a player, but it was Son who was the biggest threat all game long. Gibson, Valdes and especially Fabio were our best players, but we're up against a much better team on their patch so 1-0 is no disgrace. These aren't the games to berate the players for, it's games like the West Ham one that have been failures.

its not the players i berate, its the manager for setting us up to defend and nothing else.

its not the players i berate, its the manager for setting us up to defend and nothing else.

If we didn't set up to defend and frustrate spurs we could lost 4 nill easily. Our midfield is just not strong enough

Starting to get a little sick of every game being on repeat.

Same old story, no shots on target, 'a good effort'. Quickly sliding toward relegation. Just saying don't worry we're 15th shows zero foresight.

Don't worry we're 15th.

The worst bit is for me is that we're going about it by grinding out games, rather than 'giving it a go'.

There is nothing enjoyable about us at the moment. I know we've just played Tottenham, but our approach is the same as every other game. My dad is a season ticket holder and he has had enough of the football. Bland, dull and boring for the most part, is that really the best way to stay in the division? I honestly think that we'll go down slowly but surely. Other teams seem to be picking up points now and play better football.

It's worrying how so many games have the same blunt end and doesn't get addressed.

Quick question - Would people rather try a different style of football but still potentially lose? I'd rather lose and be more attacking and open (West Ham) than today. The end result is the same we might aswell enjoy it.

The defeat to West Ham felt just as *** as any of our other defeats this season, if that answers your question.

I don't agree Will. I actually felt like at least we had a go after the West Ham game.

AK

The game was more or less the same [as their 1-1 draw against Manchester City.] We just couldn't score. Once again we have to say that we showed we can compete with anyone. We have to think about ourselves. It depends on us. We are good enough to stay up. We have to forget about the opponents today, playing against one of the best teams in the league, we were open to score goals. We can win games

Our best and only real clear chance came in the 92nd bloody minute for christ sake

Ok so we had one chance early one (which wasn't particularly clear cut because it was a difficult header to make he was leaning back) but I'll allow it.

I wasn't counting the volley cause it wasn't really a chance for me.

I wasn't counting the volley cause it wasn't really a chance for me.

Really? It was closer to the goal than either of the other attempts. Alternatively if negredo left it bamford behind him was in a good position too

I'd rather we play to our strengths (defensively) and stay up by the skin of our teeth than open up to teams, play attacking football and get beaten badly as a result every week.

I know it's risky but we have to trust in AK when he says we can stay up. For me it's all about staying up and I don't care how we do it.

If we're still playing for a draw every game next season then I'll be worried but hopefully we can strengthen in the summer.

The worst bit is for me is that we're going about it by grinding out games, rather than 'giving it a go'.

There is nothing enjoyable about us at the moment. I know we've just played Tottenham, but our approach is the same as every other game. My dad is a season ticket holder and he has had enough of the football. Bland, dull and boring for the most part, is that really the best way to stay in the division? I honestly think that we'll go down slowly but surely. Other teams seem to be picking up points now and play better football.

It's worrying how so many games have the same blunt end and doesn't get addressed.

Quick question - Would people rather try a different style of football but still potentially lose? I'd rather lose and be more attacking and open (West Ham) than today. The end result is the same we might aswell enjoy it.

The defeat to West Ham felt just as *** as any of our other defeats this season, if that answers your question.

I don't agree Will. I actually felt like at least we had a go after the West Ham game.

I felt like we had a go, it just doesn't make defeat feel any better for me.

I felt like we had a go, it just doesn't make defeat feel any better for me.

It did for me mate. We'll have to agree to differ. I also found the game more exciting too... which is where I drew the consolation from.

Starting to get a little sick of every game being on repeat.

Same old story, no shots on target, 'a good effort'. Quickly sliding toward relegation. Just saying don't worry we're 15th shows zero foresight.

Don't worry we're 15th.

:D