oneBoro Forum

Boro v Tottenham (A) 0-1

Before this game I had a look at our fixtures and this is one of the games I figured were just write offs. We need to draw against the good teams at home and beat the poorer ones whilst trying to get anything away from home. We have different options now and players returning to fitness so we should be able to put out or strongest 11 soon (whatever thay may be).

Today we werent helped by Traore not helping Chambers, and Chambers not being very good in wide positions when man to man. Our midfield couldnt keep possesion or do anything meaningful when they did get on the ball (Clayton had a few instances where he tried dropping it over their centrebacks like a kid playing Fifa).

New lad looked shocking at first but after settling heshowed he is willing to get on the ball and try to play others in. Looks more physical than our other midfielders too so im hoping he starts games sooner rather than later.

With that team really lacking invention, I pray we can get Ramirez back in and on form. If he wont play wing, play him at acm, play him up front if he wants just get him in that team!

Cant really say we would have had a point but for the penalty....they would have just pushed even more rather than setting up and playing for the counter.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

After today's game in more convinced we can stay up! We defended well and against weaker opposition we should see more of the ball and create a few chances, were slowly but surely starting to attack with more men, it's taken time but I am seeing improvements

I'd rather we play to our strengths (defensively) and stay up by the skin of our teeth than open up to teams, play attacking football and get beaten badly as a result every week.

I know it's risky but we have to trust in AK when he says we can stay up. For me it's all about staying up and I don't care how we do it.

If we're still playing for a draw every game next season then I'll be worried but hopefully we can strengthen in the summer.

Strengths?

How can you say that when we are conceding and not winning games?

Clearly today's performance has split people. Sitting here in London waiting for a pizza to arrive here are my thoughts.

I thought we actually played pretty well. Tried to get forward, defended well, frustrated them.

Traore gets better by the week. New lad looks different to anything we had. Bamford looked keen and full of running.

Hopefully AK will find a way of playing Traore, Ramirez and Guedioura in the same team and score some goals.

Hopefully AK will find a way of playing Traore, Ramirez and Guedioura in the same team and score some goals.

I think this depends on how he views Ramirez (can he come back into the fold, does he play him lw or acm in a 4231) and De Roon (does he continue to play him as the most advanced midfielder in a 433, play his as the acm in 4231 with someone else LW or can he play cm in a 4231).

One of the main things I miss about the championship was the frequency of games. That and winning. I just want our next game now.

Yes we looked poor ...because we played the second best team in the country

We didn't create many chances because we were playing the second best team in the country

And we didn't have a lot of the ball. Guess why

Yes we looked poor ...because we played the second best team in the country

We didn't create many chances because we were playing the second best team in the country

And we didn't have a lot of the ball. Guess why

Cos we are a long ball team who rarely support the striker and don't ever commit men forward because we're too afraid of the counter which is all orchestrated from a manager who sets up his team to defend and be reactive rather than proactive in a team which have 3 defensive midfielders who struggle to break down opposition?

I did not want to react straight after the game on here because my raw emotions at the end of it was boredom and anger. Ok only losing one nil against spurs (one of the best teams in the league) is not enough to make me panic on its own, but when you consider we created hardly anything, not one shot on target and its not the first time this season we have not had a shot on target that gets me nervous. To balance the argument out for a bottom half team we do defend better than any one of them, thats the only thing that gives me encouragement but you cant draw every game.

The clubs below us apart from palace are on form so its likely we might get dragged into the relegation zone but even if we do stay up at the end of the season, i cant watch this kind of football year in year out ill find something else to do (baring in mind i went to football matches week in week out under Strachan and stuck with them when they were in the championship). We have got to change the way we play slightly to be more attacking next season because we cant rely on our defence every season its not gonna work and supporters will drift away.

Did anyone else pick up on the sheer retardness of the commentator on bt?

1) Boro's last win this calender year was in December :(

2) Boro's last away win was on the opening day of the season against Sunderland :(

3) Patrick Bamford is still yet to play for his parent club :(

Do yerrr research ya goon.

My view of todays game:

• Defended relatively well against a very good attacking team - Chambers needs to play CB with Gibson. Espinosa is ok cover but too slow at reading the game.

•Valdes had a very good game

• Fabio should play every game whether that's LB or RB I dont care he needs to be on the pitch. Fantastic signing.

• Yes we need to attack more like we did in the last 10 min but we only seemed to get that opportunity because Tottenham didn't close us down as quickly as they were all game.

•De Roon is our most attacking minded midfielder he works his ass off to get into decent positions

In my opinion Traore needs to play behind Negredo and have some freedom instead of pretending to track back.

Defensively we're quality but where will the goals come from. We need a win and some confidence.

The only thing that is keeping me going at the minute is that hopefully the teams at the bottom are hitting form at the wrong moment and that we'll hit form at the right time, but the game against Palace is looking bigger by the week!

No doubt going to lose Valdes for a few games thanks to his stupidity too.

No chance. In one of the replays Clattenberg clearly looked directly at them and chose to do nothing. Also, there's no way that's a red card whether the ref sees it or not.

He's gone for Alli's face twice. No 2 ways about it in this day and age, that is a stone-wall red card. You can not make contact with the face, certainly not intentionally. There's no way what Valdes did was unintentional.

I hope you're right and that Clattenberg made a decision regarding the event because if not, I have no doubt that there will be retrospective action.

Usual post defeat drivel.

I mean if your going to criticise how we play and how karanka sets us up then at least be accurate and don't just make up absolute crap to support your argument.

"I know it was Spurs but we set up the same way every game".... No, no we don't, if you think we set up that way in every game you either don't go to them or pay little attention when your there.

"We were poo"..... We defended excellently, lost only to a penalty against one of the leagues best attacking teams. We kept ourselves in the game right up to the end where we could have grabbed a point, I'd rather that than some consolation after going 3-0 down.

Listen to johnmfc81, he knows his stuff.

No doubt going to lose Valdes for a few games thanks to his stupidity too.

No chance. In one of the replays Clattenberg clearly looked directly at them and chose to do nothing. Also, there's no way that's a red card whether the ref sees it or not.

He's gone for Alli's face twice. No 2 ways about it in this day and age, that is a stone-wall red card. You can not make contact with the face, certainly not intentionally. There's no way what Valdes did was unintentional.

I hope you're right and that Clattenberg made a decision regarding the event because if not, I have no doubt that there will be retrospective action.

If Clattenburg didn't make a decision on the field then that says a lot about his ability, he was staring right at the incident.