oneBoro Forum

Boro v Tottenham (A) 0-1

As I watched the match, I thought i'd give a rare opinion.

God, we are woeful! if you can't see it your blind. It's almost painful at time to watch, somehow defensively we manage to clear the ball but jeez it's hard to watch, especially when quite a few games this season we have done the same.

I suppose in credit to us, we play how the manager wants and we do to an extent pull it off. But as a fan I want to see some sort of attacking, just a little... someday.

To come away from a match with no shots on target but with Bamford, Gestede, Negredo, Downing and even Traore around there has to be something!

Or is it a case we are trying for a point a game? just to survive.

I remember a time when, and maybe for us back in 1995 when a team came up, usually in their 1st season they would do well because no-one knew how to play against them, these days its just dross, sorry if I upset some by saying this, but really come on!

Solid at the back, ***e up top thats the reality at the moment.

I'll rant further now ive started! back when we signed Rhodes from Blackburn he was playing as part of a top 2 with Gestede and yes Blackburn were pants but these 2 could bang the goals in. We end up with both of them and rather than have a go by changing our beloved system and perhaps play them, we let the better of the 2 go.

I appreciate we are no Man utd, Chelsea or Real Madrid but we have a solid defence, one of the worlds best keepers and a hell of a target man upfront.. wtf are we doing?!?!? makes me sad :(

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

We attacked West Brom and West Ham because we could. And with Ramirez in those teams I think we could have been looking at at least one win. But Spurs were just too good for us. We got outplayed by a better team with better players. And still with a bit of luck at the end we could have scraped a point

We attacked West Brom and West Ham because we could.   And with Ramirez in those teams I think we could have been looking at at least one win. But Spurs were just too good for us.  We got outplayed by a better team with better players.  And still with a bit of luck at the end we could have scraped a point

I dont buy the fact that we couldn't attack them even though they were better. I was at the man city and spurs at home game first half we did beautifully staying in the games (how i felt yesterday), in the second half we decided to come out of our shell and fight them blow for blow got a goal back against spurs and earned a late draw against man city. I never felt like we were going to score yesterday apart from that De Roon chance in the last minuet which was snatched at becuase their was so much pressure for him to take it.

We attacked West Brom and West Ham because we could.   And with Ramirez in those teams I think we could have been looking at at least one win. But Spurs were just too good for us.  We got outplayed by a better team with better players.  And still with a bit of luck at the end we could have scraped a point

I dont buy the fact that we couldn't attack them even though they were better. I was at the man city and spurs at home game first half we did beautifully staying in the games (how i felt yesterday), in the second half we decided to come out of our shell and fight them blow for blow got a goal back against spurs and earned a late draw against man city. I never felt like we were going to score yesterday apart from that De Roon chance in the last minuet which was snatched at becuase their was so much pressure for him to take it.

We had Ramirez in those teams, did we not?

Usual post defeat drivel.

I mean if your going to criticise how we play and how karanka sets us up then at least be accurate and don't just make up absolute crap to support your argument.

"I know it was Spurs but we set up the same way every game".... No, no we don't, if you think we set up that way in every game you either don't go to them or pay little attention when your there.

"We were poo"..... We defended excellently, lost only to a penalty against one of the leagues best attacking teams. We kept ourselves in the game right up to the end where we could have grabbed a point, I'd rather that than some consolation after going 3-0 down.

Listen to johnmfc81, he knows his stuff.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm not sure I'd use the word excellently.

We were resolute in the most part but we were regularly carved open and got lucky more than a few times. 

We were good defensively, don't get me wrong, but excellent makes it sound like we completely shut Tottenham out which isn't the case. Another day that's a 4-0 game easily.

We did defend excellently it was one mistake that cost us. You cannot shut a team like spurs out completely. It's a case of having the answer to their attacks which we did.

We can criticise the club's recruitment till the summer but that wont change anything. We have to play cards we have now.

Hopefully come Everton the starting squad will look different.

--------negredo---------

Gaston-------------adama

---adlene-----de roon---

--------clayton---------

Friend-gibson-chambers-barragan.

That could be enough to get a point from Everton hopefully.

If having answers to their attacks is relying on Valdes constantly then that's a dangerous game to play, because that's the only answer we had for most today.

Also they still managed to hit the post, put a free header over the bar and have the ball in the net but get called back for being half a foot offside. 

I'm sorry but we didn't defend excellently, we defended mostly adequately.

Im not sure but lets say we did then we are relying on one player (which is dangerous in a relegation battle anyway), who doesn't want to be here, to come back on the same form as he was on and be just as motivated as before. Now dont get me wrong out of the people he brought in Bamford is going to get better with game time and offer something we did not have before. I was also happy with Guedioura start so they might become a big part of the relegation battle.

No. Ramirez has been out for a while

Looking back his goals and assists have come against Stoke, Bournemouth, Leicester, Hull and Swansea - all generally lower bottom half teams. Make of that what you will.

we also took points in all of them :)

Looking back his goals and assists have come against Stoke, Bournemouth, Leicester, Hull and Swansea - all generally lower bottom half teams. Make of that what you will.

we also took points in all of them :)

I know, I'm not having a go at him I'm just pointing it out. Food for thought so to speak.

No. Ramirez has been out for a while

Was on about City away and Spurs at home, been awhile, can't remember.

I don't think for a second Ramirez is the answer to all our problems. But at the moment the opposition double or even treble up in traore and stop him playing if Ramirez plays that would attract attention away from traore and give him more freedom

I don't think for a second Ramirez is the answer to all our problems.  But at the moment the opposition double or even treble up in traore and stop him playing if Ramirez plays that would attract attention away from traore and give him more freedom

He's definitely not the answer to all of them, the answer would have been buying a few others like him :P