Boro v Tottenham (A) 0-1

What I would like to see

Valdes

Chambers ayala Gibson

Barragan                                            Fabio

De-roon forshaw Clayton

Adama

Negredo

Stuani offers nothing on the wing and adama would be quite frightening through the middle, the way he gets past players at ease reminds me so much of when Juninho first joined!

He gets fans off their feet and that lifts the rest of the team

Im going for a 1 - 1 draw here

Spurs have only conceded 16 goals in 23 games. I can't really see our relatively impotent attack breaking them down.

Still.... stranger things have happened I guess. (Area 51 in Nevada for starters) :-/

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Adama Traore swaps wings so he can receive guidance close to the dugout, Karanka has revealed. #boro [Daily Mail]

Karanka: "Yes, it's true, I swap sides to keep him close. I hope that one day he can play alone." #boro [Daily Mail]

Karanka: "He is getting better, especially when he's next to me on my wing!" #boro [Daily Mail]

That's the weirdest thing I've read in a while to do with football. I suppose if that's what it takes to get the best out of him then so be it.

Adama Traore swaps wings so he can receive guidance close to the dugout, Karanka has revealed. #boro [Daily Mail]

Karanka: "Yes, it's true, I swap sides to keep him close. I hope that one day he can play alone." #boro [Daily Mail]

Karanka: "He is getting better, especially when he's next to me on my wing!" #boro [Daily Mail]

That's the weirdest thing I've read in a while to do with football. I suppose if that's what it takes to get the best out of him then so be it.

But he's so much less effective on the left

Traore's best 45 minutes against West Brom was when he was furthest away from the touchline. Same with against West Ham too so that doesn't make sense. He has only switched to the LW in order to accommodate Bamford at RW later on in games, otherwise he's played at RW regardless of where the dugout was.

Traore's best 45 minutes against West Brom was when he was furthest away from the touchline. Same with against West Ham too so that doesn't make sense. He has only switched to the LW in order to accommodate Bamford at RW later on in games, otherwise he's played at RW regardless of where the dugout was.

Both of his good halves have come when he's playing RW with us kicking towards the south stand, meaning that he is closest to Karanka and the touchline.

It's also not right about only switching wing to accommodate Bamford, yes that was the case against West Brom however against West Ham from the start of the second half Traore lined up on the left.

Traore had faded out of the game completely when he was switched to the left agaisnt west Brom. He had a pretty anonymous second half in general, but can't be blamed on him switching sides as he was the same on the right in the second half.

Not enough to beat Spurs unfortunately I believe it will be 3-0. With 21 points I worry if we can do enough to stay up. It will be very close and I hope it's not down to the last game of the season

Our end of season run in is what nightmares are made of, so we need to pick up some points very soon. It certainly going to be tight but I really do think that we are one of the better teams of the bottom 6 so hopefully we can actually show that.

BoroDave4 I believe you are right and the issue I was trying to portray is basically the same lines as you. We need points early not later as the pressure will be tremendous towards the end and possibly to much to cope with. I would say we need a quick 17 to 19 points. This season I did not expect much because its about survival, but I just worry we have been overly careful.

Not enough to beat Spurs unfortunately I believe it will be 3-0. With 21 points I worry if we can do enough to stay up. It will be very close and I hope it's not down to the last game of the season

Our end of season run in is what nightmares are made of, so we need to pick up some points very soon. It certainly going to be tight but I really do think that we are one of the better teams of the bottom 6 so hopefully we can actually show that.

BoroDave4 I believe you are right and the issue I was trying to portray is basically the same lines as you. We need points early not later as the pressure will be tremendous towards the end and possibly to much to cope with. I would say we need a quick 17 to 19 points. This season I did not expect much because its about survival, but I just worry we have been overly careful.

I agree, I think we are better than at least three teams if not 6-8 which should be enough. One  thing you haven't mentioned is the 'Boro' factor I've watched Boro since the Spike Armstrong days and one thing is absolutely consistent with them, we can go to the run away league leaders with us having not won in 6 and turn them over -  the downside to this is we can play the bottom team a weak later which hasnt won in 8 with the same line up and get gubbed. So today 2-1 to the Boro based on nothing but the'Boro' factor.

The missus did the team for me today as I was too lazy so heres the team.

The foreign bloke with the nice haircut.

Thingy me bob That Bernard fella Whatshisnames Nephew The Brazillian one

The beardy one with the nice teeth who was singing in the pub when we won that important game

Rooney????? The new guy whos just come all the way from Africa

The dead fast one you always go on about. Him that looks like he was in 'Bros'

Bluto.

and I don't 'always go on about' him I may have said to every one who I talk to about football that hes the fastest bloke I've ever seen with the ball at his feet on a football pitch - but thats hardly always is it?

• Like 1