oneBoro Forum

Boro v Everton (h) 0-0

De Roon has been "quoted" in the sun talking about his career and that he thinks he may be able to reach the level of a club like Everton one day. He apparently goes on to say that the atmosphere at Goodison is mighty as is the Riverside and that he had goosebumps at Bournemouth.

Only one problem there, he's never played at Bournemouths stadium.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

No ban for Valdes as Clattenburg seen it. Phheeew

Is it really that bad playing Dimi?

I'm afraid it would be. Without Valdes this season we'd be a fair few points worse off and bottom of the league probably.

De Roon has been "quoted" in the sun talking about his career and that he thinks he may be able to reach the level of a club like Everton one day. He apparently goes on to say that the atmosphere at Goodison is mighty as is the Riverside and that he had goosebumps at Bournemouth.

Reminds me of tomlins "imagine if I played here" quotes when he left us :D

I'm afraid it would be. Without Valdes this season we'd be a fair few points worse off and bottom of the league probably.

I realise Dimi has not had games, but he kept us in alot of games or made saves that gave us the win last season. Lets not forget he was the keeper that gave the defenders confidence at the start of karanka reign i think he deserves a little more credit. In my opinion it was wrong of karanka not to give Dimi the chance of retaining his place in the first team at the start of the season.

• Like 1

I realise Dimi has not had games, but he kept us in alot of games or made saves that gave us the win last season. Lets not forget he was the keeper that gave the defenders confidence at the start of karanka reign i think he deserves a little more credit. In my opinion it was wrong of karanka not to give Dimi the chance of retaining his place in the first team at the start of the season.

I was of the same mind at the start of the season. But Valdes is a better keeper and we'd be at a loss without him this year. He has his moments of insanity but you take the bad with the very good. He really makes his presence known, for better or worse, and he is very much part of what has been mostly a very solid defence.

Interesting. So either he's got two teams mixed up or they've made up the conversation altogether.

I see Sports Mole even managed to misinterpret what he said into saying he wants a move to Everton... journos really hate us, don't they?

Clearly a difficult game this one but we could really do with something from this, if for no other reason than to create some positivity. Other teams are coming up with unexpected wins, I reckon it's time for us to come up with one.

Clearly a difficult game this one but we could really do with something from this, if for no other reason than to create some positivity.  Other teams are coming up with unexpected wins, I reckon it's time for us to come up with one.

Couldn't agree more. We could really use the win (obviously), but even a point with a bit of spirit going forward would be a plus.