oneBoro Forum

Boro v Everton (h) 0-0

I think for the first time since Watford apart from the cup, im coming into the game thinking we might get something. What everyone's got to remember about Everton is apart from last week which they had a freaky game they create alot of chances but are horrendously bad in front of goal at taking them the reason. The reason they are in mid table is because they create so many chances so if we can stop them creating as many we should be ok at the back. The other thing is their keeper is rank average as well couple of shots on target and we may end up winning one nil.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure i'd be happy with a point. We've left ourselves in a difficult situation and ordinarily a point against Everton at home in this form is a good one. However we've hugely underperformed at home and we need to start building confidence and momentum. I don't think a draw at home to Everton does that.

Yep. Home games are important regardless of who we're playing now. We absolutely need to go for 3 points.

Agree with both here. We need to start winning at home regardless of who we play.

Agree with all the above, anything less than a 5-0 win over Man United is frankly subpar. Aitor Paella OUT.

I think you know what we meant. I didn't think I explicitly had to say that I expected wins against teams like City, ***nal and United, although at home we should be looking to give them a run for their money. But we do have to be looking at getting 3 points at home from games against teams outside the top-6.

I'm not sure i'd be happy with a point. We've left ourselves in a difficult situation and ordinarily a point against Everton at home in this form is a good one. However we've hugely underperformed at home and we need to start building confidence and momentum. I don't think a draw at home to Everton does that.

Yep. Home games are important regardless of who we're playing now. We absolutely need to go for 3 points.

Agree with both here. We need to start winning at home regardless of who we play.

Agree with all the above, anything less than a 5-0 win over Man United is frankly subpar. Aitor Paella OUT.

I think you know what we meant. I didn't think I explicitly had to say that I expected wins against teams like City, ***nal and United, although at home we should be looking to give them a run for their money. But we do have to be looking at getting 3 points at home from games against teams outside the top-6.

I did indeed, was just being a sarcy ***.

I did indeed, was just being a sarcy ***.

I'm so tired today :-/

I think for the first time since Watford apart from the cup, im coming into the game thinking we might get something. What everyone's got to remember about Everton is apart from last week which they had a freaky game they create alot of chances but are horrendously bad in front of goal at taking them the reason. The reason they are in mid table is because they create so many chances so if we can stop them creating as many we should be ok at the back. The other thing is their keeper is rank average as well couple of shots on target and we may end up winning one nil.

That's the problem though! We've got to have a couple of shots on target!

I don't want to be the that guy but I honestly can't see where our wins are going to come. Not saying we'll lose but can't see a win here :(

A draw would be a good result here. I can't see us getting anything the way Everton are playing

I actually watch a decent amount of Everton and I can't agree about not being able to see us getting anything. Yes, their run of form is reasonable. In the last 9 they've won 5, drawn 2 lost 2. So very respectable. But they generally have taken advantage of teams who've played open with them (Bournemouth, City) but struggled much more against teams who defend well and look to counter (Hull, Burnley). Their record against our rivals this season (i.e. bottom 6 or 7) is actually quite poor. Now that's not to say we should necessarily expect a lot out of the game but it does indicate to me that we have an opportunity if we play as well as we can on our day.

I'm optimistic. On another note I'll be watching it with two Everton fans so if we do get beat, spare a thought for me.

I think a lot will be made of the fact Everton scored 6 in their last game but I would guess Bournemouth are the team that's involved in the most high scoring games throughout the season.

We're nowhere near as open as Bournemouth. I doubt they'll score more than 2 on our doorstep, despite the fact they got 3 the last time we played them.

Well yeah I mean even we scored twice against them.  That's easily the equivalent of Everton getting six.

I just want to be able to watch MOTD again. I never watch it when we get a disappointing result so a win would be splendid.

Do you stop watching X Factor or Dance Dance Dance if the results go the way you don't like?  :P

I just want to be able to watch MOTD again. I never watch it when we get a disappointing result so a win would be splendid.

Do you stop watching X Factor or Dance Dance Dance if the results go the way you don't like?  :P

Nope. :P

Nope. :P

If we win you can sit up till 3  minutes to twelve to watch the 50 seconds coverage we get and the two minutes of shearer saying how *** we are.

Don't know what you class as mid table but Everton's 7th and they're the 6th highest scorers with 40, god knows how many they would score if as you say they're horrendously bad in front of goal.

Don't know what you class as mid table but Everton's 7th and they're the 6th highest scorers with 40, god knows how many they would score if as you say they're horrendously bad in front of goal.

Their current form is also pretty red hot:

http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england