Boro v Everton (h) 0-0

How would people feel with 352 with this setup

Valdes

Chambers Gibson Ayala

Fabio. Friend

De Roon. Guedioura

Traore

Negrado. Bamford/Ramirez

Solid at the back, width from friend and Fabio, only one defensive midfielder, on cm that is forward thinking, Traore with freedom and 2 up top

Everton tend to play with 3 Centre midfielders lately, so I think we'd be over run in the middle of the park. We need another ***nal/City esque performance, which means 433 for me.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

if we continue with forshaw clayton and de roon starting as a middle 3 we wont win again this season. i'd be gutted to see that trio start again. they get worse every week.

I think we may see the new guy in over forshaw. I think he's been brought in to play as a Centre mid who will actually join the attacks when we have them

Valdes

Chambers Gibson Ayala

Fabio.                          Friend

De Roon.   Guedioura

Traore

Negrado.  Bamford/Ramirez

Solid at the back, width from friend and Fabio,  only one defensive midfielder, on cm that is forward thinking, Traore with freedom and 2 up top

No. Ever.

Valdes

Chambers Gibson Ayala

Fabio.                          Friend

De Roon.   Guedioura

Traore

Negrado.  Bamford/Ramirez

Solid at the back, width from friend and Fabio,  only one defensive midfielder, on cm that is forward thinking, Traore with freedom and 2 up top

I think we'd get overrun in that midfield. De Roon plays better winning the ball further up the pitch and we're looking for Guedioura to do the attacking? Our defence would never get out from their box with such a gap and lack of numbers.

Traore doesn't have nearly enough intelligence to play as a playmaker. He hasn't even learned to pass the ball along the floor yet. I don't really know where people are getting this idea of him playing there from. From what we've seen so far, his attributes highly suit a winger. His crossing is improving, his dribbling is great and his pace is astounding. His general passing and shooting has been pretty crap.

Good points on Everton recently switching to 3 in midfield. Wasn't aware of that till you'll pointed it out.

This does sound like we need a 433 or something like this that will allow us to protect midfield. I would like to see the new lad go in and drop one of our midfielders though just because we need someone that will move us up vs dropping back. I like Forshaw but of the 3 I'd drop him

As for Traore in free role, I mentioned this because we generally lack something in the middle and think it would be unexpected and put Everton on back foot. Not because I think he is the next Juninho

if we continue with forshaw clayton and de roon starting as a middle 3 we wont win again this season. i'd be gutted to see that trio start again. they get worse every week.

I think we may see the new guy in over forshaw. I think he's been brought in to play as a Centre mid who will actually join the attacks when we have them

i hope your right, we should have x2 capable attacking midfielders in the middle 3 if we are set up like that. we all know the result if we dont. 0 shots on target game after game. all 3 of them barely creating a chance between themselves. as for the long shots, woeful attempts.

trying not to be negative but its hard not to be, everyone can see whats wrong. without decent wingers on both side we have been shocking as an attacking force. instead of just plan awful due to the middle 3's inability to create.

i'd like to see us play guediora(sp) with de roon and have 3 further forward. or even go 442.

Traore has to be right side, hes far better there than left. dont know who's fit. i've not really been that interested atm. had real life problems to worry about.

As for Traore in free role, I mentioned this because we generally lack something in the middle and think it would be unexpected and put Everton on back foot. Not because I think he is the next Juninho

We do lack something in the middle, yes. However, it doesn't really matter in my opinion how unexpected it would be to play him in that role. From what we've seen of him, he doesn't fit the bill of a playmaker. So playing him in a position he doesn't have the attributes for, unexpected or not, is not going to help us.

We're better off playing him in a position we know he can be effective on his day. A few clubs have struggled to handle him despite knowing what to expect.

If we want to play a CAM again, we should go with Ramirez or Downing.

I believe other teams don,t see BORO capable of a threat but because we are solid in defense would more likely settle for a point. I would like to believe we will survive and prosper next year, but I can,t find anything positive. The bottom teams are now making something of their presence but we are well behind our required average points per game to survive and completly collapsed in 2017. I don,t see where we will score goals. I believe 0-3 but hope with luck a draw.

BORO headline tomorrow.

"We played well for good parts but Everton are strong. I am proud of the way the team played and if we play like that results will come"

Gaston fit, Barragan and Friend still out. Looks like we'll have Chambers at RB again. Hopefully Ayala will be in for Bernardo.

Yes to all of this.

Indeed but I think Bernardo will keep his place.

So do i, but he doesn't deserve too. He's been culpable for a couple of goals in the last few weeks. There's some real fundamental problems with his positioning as well.

I believe other teams don,t see BORO capable of a threat but because we are solid in defense would more likely settle for a point. I would like to believe we will survive and prosper next year, but I can,t find anything positive. The bottom teams are now making something of their presence but we are well behind our required average points per game to survive and completly collapsed in 2017. I don,t see where we will score goals. I believe 0-3 but hope with luck a draw.  

BORO headline tomorrow.

"We played well for good parts but Everton are strong. I am proud of the way the team played and if we play like that results will come"

And if Karanka says "We were *** poor", we'll blame him for poor man management. "The fans are not behind us", Karanka is having a meltdown. "We did our best", Karanka is delusional.

Think 3 points today would change our season. Would give us the belief that we could beat good teams at home, and inject some well needed confidence into the team.

I think Sland are nailed on to win at home against Soton too as Soton naff on travels and mackems confidence will be high, could be ahead of us by today if things go bad.

Would take a point now I think.

Hope that gaston is back and firing. We've really missed him. We've just got to cross our fingers that he actually wants to play.

Evertons away form isn't spectacular, with 2 wins in their last ten, but then neither is our home form I suppose...

1-0 boro.

Gaston is back today, we should play him but it be interesting to see what his attitude is like today. We have got to be spot on today to get anything out of it, i just hope we can put a few shots on target this time around even if we dont score so it gives the fans something to get behind rather than just watching Everton attack and us sit behind the ball in our shell until the 80th min.