oneBoro Forum

Boro v Everton (h) 0-0

Gibson has played 5 and a half times as much as Ayala in the PL this season. His last Prem appearance was at ***nal in October. 388 minutes isn't a lot to judge a player off. But like I said, given the choice between the 2 of them, I would certainly pick Gibson too.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably unfair to elevate Ayala above Gibson, given Gibson's done the business in the Premier League. Ayala being the better Centre Half last season has left an impression on me i suppose. Those two would be my first choice personally.

We certainly miss Ayala's attacking threat too. Would be great to see him back. But if not, then it has to be Chambers.

Huge sigh of relief. Think he's got it wrong as mentioned in other thread but I couldn't care less as we need him between the sticks.

No huge sigh of relief here because I wasn't holding my breath. Knew 100% that Clattenburg had dealt with it on the field and there was 0% chance of retrospective action despite what that muppet Howard Webb said.

Huge sigh of relief. Think he's got it wrong as mentioned in other thread but I couldn't care less as we need him between the sticks.

No huge sigh of relief here because I wasn't holding my breath. Knew 100% that Clattenburg had dealt with it on the field and there was 0% chance of retrospective action despite what that muppet Howard Webb said.

You do like to deal in certainties, don't you Brunners? :)

Considering we only know today that it was in Clattenberg's report, I'd love to know how you knew '100%' nothing would Happen based on what little Clattenberg did in the replays.

I think Webb is a bit of a muppet as well but I still agreed with him regarding this incident.

Riverside Mike is reffing this one  :cool:

Love him. And love his nickname even more. Sounds a bit like a stripper out of that Magic Mike movie. Yeah I watched both those movies. And I enjoyed them.

You do like to deal in certainties, don't you Brunners? :)

Considering we only know today that it was in Clattenberg's report, I'd love to know how you knew '100%' nothing would Happen based on what little Clattenberg did in the replays.

I think Webb is a bit of a muppet as well but I still agreed with him regarding this incident.

Because he was staring at the bloody thing and if it WASN'T in his report he'd be the most oblivious ref in the entire world, which isn't the case with Clattenburg. Despite his issues, he IS one of the best refs in the world.

He saw the incident, we know he saw the incident, Valdes stayed on the pitch. Therefore I was confident his report would corroborate that.

I think Clattenburg did excellent. Saw the incident. Decided it was handbags. Had a word and let the game play on without spoiling it with red cards etc. Used his brain and let the game flow. That's why he's one of the best refs around!