oneBoro Forum

De Roon

Don't forget his fee was 'rising up to £12m', in other words we didn't pay £12m for him.

Aye, I have it it my head it was between 9 and 10 up front and the rest in bits. It's easy to compare to Gana and say 10m doesn't get you much, but then you look at English talent and it looks decent business. I'd rather have Boom Boom for 10 than Ibe for 15 or Ake for 18. Someone will always find a bargain but 10 seems like market price now

Ake at 18m is good value tbh.

Really? That entirely depends on how much of it is up front. Less than £10m up front then maybe as long as the rest was dependent on him becoming brilliant. He's a good player and has potential. But it wouldn't represent value for money for a while.

Really? That entirely depends on how much of it is up front. Less than £10m up front then maybe as long as the rest was dependent on him becoming brilliant. He's a good player and has potential. But it wouldn't represent value for money for a while.

agree 100% with this

agree 100% with this

Turning 22, less than 60 career appearances, less than 40 in the Prem. I'm not sure if he counts as home grown or not to be honest. You're banking on him turning out to be a star as you say. One that could easily turn out to be a bargain or a waste of money in 5 years.

Anyway De Roon. Better value than ake for me :D