• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah there's two ways to look at this: performances on the pitch and cold hard business. Performance wise I think Valdes has won us the most points based on his individual displays. Chambers and Fabio have done well too. But in terms of business then I think Ramirez and Traore have been key signings. I think this season we're "doing a bit of a Burnley" as if we go down I think we'll be well placed on the pitch and financially to continue to build and get promoted again. Our transfer strategy since promotion hasn't been to throw the kitchen sink at keeping up. If we were to get relegated then we will have a valuable squad where we won't be stuck with loads of deadwood as we were after the 2008-2009 season so I think we'd be well placed to bounce back. Clubs will be queuing up for the likes of Valdes, Gibson, Traore and Ramirez if we get relegated so we will have a battle to keep them.

I'm not terribly impressed with any of our signings to be honest, it's a bit of a tallest dwarf contest.

At a push I'd say Valdes, but we really need to up our game regarding recruitment, it's not the January window that will see us relegated, the summer window was just as shocking.

I'm not terribly impressed with any of our signings to be honest, it's a bit of a tallest dwarf contest.

At a push I'd say Valdes, but we really need to up our game regarding recruitment, it's not the January window that will see us relegated, the summer window was just as shocking.

I think that's a bit OTT. Valdes has been touted in the Spanish media for a recall to the Spain squad. Fabio has been a revelation and Chambers has been outstanding. I'd agree that recruitment has been very mediocre on the whole, but to not be impressed with Valdes, Fabio and Chambers seems a bt childish.

What exactly were you expecting?

I think that's a bit OTT. Valdes has been touted in the Spanish media for a recall to the Spain squad. Fabio has been a revelation and Chambers has been outstanding. I'd agree that recruitment has been very mediocre on the whole, but to not be impressed with Valdes, Fabio and Chambers seems a bt childish.

What exactly were you expecting?

I was expecting our recruitment team to identify and sign better quality players, I'm not knocking Valdes, I think that he has been very good, he's by far our best signing, the rest leave quite a lot to be desired though.

So you are impressed with some of our signings then? :D

I'm very surprised you don't think Chambers or Fabio have been good signings. Both have proved themselves to be more than competent at Premier League level.

This also leads to question of who will stay if we are relegated. Negredo and Chambers will obviously be gone and I doubt Valdes will follow us into the Championship and the same can be said about Ramirez and likely Gibson and Traore too. Other than that I don't think we are going to be overrun with interest in our players. Let's just hope we stay up because all this rebuilding can really go either way.

So you are impressed with some of our signings then? :D

I'm very surprised you don't think Chambers or Fabio have been good signings. Both have proved themselves to be more than competent at Premier League level.

Yeah Chambers and Fabio are ok, we have a good defence, both are as good as what we had (Ayala and Friend) if not slightly better, Valdes is a big improvement on Dimi, so that's a plus.

Valdes, chambers and Fabio have been excellent. When it comes to valdes I think a lot of people have been blinded by his slow start and also that our defence has largely limited the amount of shots he's had to face. There's only Burnley where he's genuinely messed up, never agreed with the people blaming him for the goals at Everton.

Even negredo I think looks a lot worse than he actually is and has been let down by us not getting better players around him. The stat that showed how many of our goals he's been involved with speaks for itself.

I notice Luke Shaw's been left out the United squad for the fourth game in a row. I'd love to have a fit Luke Shaw at the Boro.

He would indeed be a cracking signing although I think he is going down the Mkhitaryan route where he appeared to freeze him out for a few weeks and he has looked a better player on coming back. I would take Martial or Rashford though.