Boro v Oxford United (FA Cup 5th Round)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

How would they know what our atmosphere is like?

Edit... Also Sunderland have a good atmosphere. Almost wet myself here hHhahahaha

It looks like a troll post but it's on an Oxford forum so it's not even directed at us :D Weird bunch Oxford fans.

At home against the lowest team left please. We have to view this as a genuine chance at getting far in this competition.

This. Got this far, might as well give it a good run. Wonder when the last time was we had 3 home draws in a row though.

Moggas last full season in charge I think we had Hastings, Aldershot, then Chelsea all home ties.

Answer is only a few posts back...

Great shout mate.

Fair to say Oxford fans aren't best pleased about the draw...

http://yellowsforum.co.uk/thread/25138/who-round-5?page=8

My personal favourite:

"The draw is about as underwhelming as it could be. *** hole of a place, and they have no atmosphere there. Funny how Newcastle and Sunderland are decent clubs, with decent atmosphere's, but not there.

Still with 3k Oxford going we'll make it feel like a home game.

At least we've a good chance of getting through."

Stick on a Friday night that would annoy them even more

:D

Fair to say Oxford fans aren't best pleased about the draw...

http://yellowsforum.co.uk/thread/25138/who-round-5?page=8

My personal favourite:

"The draw is about as underwhelming as it could be. *** hole of a place, and they have no atmosphere there. Funny how Newcastle and Sunderland are decent clubs, with decent atmosphere's, but not there.

Still with 3k Oxford going we'll make it feel like a home game.

At least we've a good chance of getting through."

I say we make the atmosphere like it was against Brighton have them Oxford players wetting themselves before they even go out onto the pitch and blow them away.

Is it really a good draw?

A little short sighted to be over the moon with this, yes it should be a comfortable win but in reality we may as well have drawn one of the big teams as they're all going to qualify comfortably, we may as well have played one of them now seems though we're going to face one of them in the next round anyway

A little short sighted to be over the moon with this, yes it should be a comfortable win but in reality we may as well have drawn one of the big teams as they're all going to qualify comfortably, we may as well have played one of them now seems though we're going to face one of them in the next round anyway

Surely Liverpool thought they were going to qualify easily?

Of course it's a good draw as there's a good chance we'll make it through to the next round, yes the majority of the other Prem teams will get through but then there's another draw in which they could be drawn against each other.

I think that Oxford will give a good show of themselves. On their forum they acknowledge our lack of goalscoring and realise that we are also defensibly strong. If they could get a couple of goals they think it could be a possible result for them. As you know I'm oxford based and have been a season ticket holder at the Manor ground and kassam stadium in the past before committing to the Boro over 15 years ago. Oxford are in my blood but I'm Boro all day long. Should be a comfortable win for the Boro but secretly be happy with a replay round the corner from home!

This just doesn't make any sense, of course it's a good draw getting a League 2 team instead of one of the big teams. You'd obviously rather play easier teams as many rounds as you can.

This just doesn't make any sense, of course it's a good draw getting a League 2 team instead of one of the big teams. You'd obviously rather play easier teams as many rounds as you can.

Oxford are League 1

Yes it is good that we are laying a lower team, but looking at the draw as a whole i'd say it was pretty poor, every single prem team got drawn against low league opposition

Yes it is good that we are laying a lower team, but looking at the draw as a whole i'd say it was pretty poor, every single prem team got drawn against low league opposition

Apologies, I thought you were talking about only our draw.