Boro v Oxford United (FA Cup 5th Round)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

3 home ties in a row at home in the FA Cup when did that last happen?

At a guess I'd say the year we got to the semi final v ***nal, 2001-02?  We were away in the third round at Wimbledon, won after a replay but then had three home ties in a row after that, Man Utd, Blackburn and Everton.

At a guess I'd say the year we got to the semi final v ***nal, 2001-02?  We were away in the third round at Wimbledon, won after a replay but then had three home ties in a row after that, Man Utd, Blackburn and Everton.

I'll have CT on trivia night lads.

Didn't realise it was that long

It might not be, I haven't checked. I just remember the following seasons when we had decent cup runs to the semi final in 05-06 and the quarter finals the next three seasons, we had away games and had quite a few replays as well if I remember rightly.

I predicted/wished for us at home to Oxford about 10 seconds before the balls were drawn...

but purely because it was the best possible draw left and a win would rub it in the nose of the geordies

Just popped over to the Oxford forum they are very annoyed about that draw getting us instead of a higher premier league team and having to travel all the way up here.

Haha they aren't half. Sucks to be them!

At home against the lowest team left please. We have to view this as a genuine chance at getting far in this competition.

This. Got this far, might as well give it a good run. Wonder when the last time was we had 3 home draws in a row though.

Moggas last full season in charge I think we had Hastings, Aldershot, then Chelsea all home ties.

Answer is only a few posts back...

Just popped over to the Oxford forum they are very annoyed about that draw getting us instead of a higher premier league team and having to travel all the way up here.

Haha they aren't half. Sucks to be them!

Also love the fact that they think we're going to underestimate them, play the kids and get a 15k crowd. Yeah, the hierarchy here at Middlesbrough only really cares about the third and fourth rounds of the FA cup. The Fifth round can do one :D

Well they can always stay at home and listen to it on the radio, heart goes out to them.

Fair to say Oxford fans aren't best pleased about the draw...

http://yellowsforum.co.uk/thread/25138/who-round-5?page=8

My personal favourite:

"The draw is about as underwhelming as it could be. ***e hole of a place, and they have no atmosphere there. Funny how Newcastle and Sunderland are decent clubs, with decent atmosphere's, but not there.

Still with 3k Oxford going we'll make it feel like a home game.

At least we've a good chance of getting through."

Just noticed that their Goalkeeper is Simon Eastwood! The Blackburn reserve who had two worldies against us a couple years back...

No he never...it was down to poor finishing from Vossen....remember :)