oneBoro Forum

Boro v Oxford United (FA Cup) 3-2

Erm i wanted to be entertainment and a win at the start of the game, i got it maybe i should be careful what i wish for in future but im smiling we are in the hat for the next round. Well done oxford for giving it a go particularly in the second half their fans should be proud, i underestimated them before the game tbh.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

God more shabby defending in added time...but at last the ref blows for full time.

Boro despite having the better of the game and controlling it for long periods, almost threw this one with some horrible lapses in concentration and drop-off of effort.

Credit to Oxford, they came to play proper football and gave us a good game. Just imagine if the ref had let their first-half goal stand?

Fortunately Boro woke up after conceding 2 goals and got their act together towards the end of normal time. Still needed a bit of luck to get the third, but it wasn't undeserved.

Reverted to type and were hanging on again for most of the time added on.

Positives: we scored 3 goals in a game for the first time in god knows how long. Our attacking play looked pretty good for the most part. For the first half we looked really energetic and worked hard.

Negatives: Our defending at times was laughable. Marked drop-off in work rate and concentration in the second half allowed Oxford back into the game. Too defensive and panicky in stoppage time.

I was screaming at those subs for 15 minutes. We couldn't keep hold of the ball and couldn't get up the pitch. Then Stuani scores. Fair play to him but I still think tactically it seemed a poor decision.

I'm not convinced it was a free kick for their first but the way we crumbled after that was shocking. Our one strength is winning games when we score the first goal and we managed to give away a 2 goal lead to a League One side with a lot of heart but not an awful lot of quality.

We could and perhaps should have scored more in that first half but a 2 goal lead should have been adequate.

fischer, Espinosa, chambers have no influence on the game....this game

Fischer has created 3 chances in this game...

I was writing my opinion not yours if you can allow that,

I don't remember you expressing an opinion only throwing statements out there really.  

Then using the old 'my opinion' card when someone calls you on it

Incidentally that's not an opinion just a observation

To be fair, his statement expresses his version of truth - an opinion. He is stating his opinion. Incidentally, a statement is simply an utterance based on either facts or his own personal opinion. 

His statement is not to be confused with an argument though.

• Like 1

Chambers/Fabio/Bernardo and Clayton and been f*cking abysmal this game.

I've never rated anyone below a 4 on our system, but I think chambers will be breaking that record today. He's been appalling

BoroDave4 I was only writing the same sort of comment not as harsh an assessment but anyway  and was shot down by some on here

I was so mad at the second half performance that I couldn't even celebrate the goal.

We switch off after scoring far too often, we were dominant when we were pressing and pushing forward, as soon as we started sitting back in the second half we lost the plot.

Still, we scored 3 goals, Gestede is off the mark & Stuani did the one thing he's actually good at, so not all bad.

Also, thought Fischer had an excellent game, might even be my MOTM.

Totally agree and I also couldn't celebrate -I was livid with us! Haha oh well UTB

You missed ayala

Since karanka dropped ayala for chambers, has he had a good game for us and do u reckon thats a coincidence?.

I don't remember you expressing an opinion only throwing statements out there really.  

I think you are being a little picky if you are making a difference between opinion and a statement! I was not shouting sack anyone I gave an Observation during play of a couple of players that I believed were playing not well. That goal by Stuani and the sub of Fischer ...... I rest my case

I'm not being picky mate. It's just a massive pet hate of mine, when people throw statements out there with no real substance to it.

You could write that black is white for all I care as long as you put your reasoning behind it. And wether I agree with it or not I will certainly respect it.

Mate you are by no means the only person that does it just the one I read this time that's all it's nothing personal

You missed ayala

Since karanka dropped ayala for chambers, has he had a good game for us and do u reckon thats a coincidence?.

You mean he has the hump...maybe ? But he doesn't look a patch on the player he was last yr.

who was it insisted ayala shoul be in our first 11. I hope the watched this

To be fair, his statement expresses his version of truth - an opinion. He is stating his opinion. Incidentally, a statement is simply an utterance based on either facts or his own personal opinion. 

HHHHHHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Thank you sir a +1 for Good observation and thoughts

No that's not true :P

I thought Ayala was the lesser of the evils today, he didn't play well by any stretch, but the others were just so so so bad.

Stuani.... I just give up, hes such a lumbering useless anti footballer but then he scores, I'm so confused.

You missed ayala

You mean he has the hump...maybe ?   But he doesn't look a patch on the player he was last yr.  

who was it insisted ayala shoul be in our first 11.  I hope the watched this

Well im debating whether hes got the hump or has he just lost his touch because of lack of games im not 100% sure.

I think you are being a little picky if you are making a difference between opinion and a statement! I was not shouting sack anyone I gave an Observation during play of a couple of players that I believed were playing not well. That goal by Stuani and the sub of Fischer ...... I rest my case

I'm not being picky mate. It's just a massive pet hate of mine, when people throw statements out there with no real substance to it.

You could write that black is white for all I care as long as you put your reasoning behind it. And wether I agree with it or not I will certainly respect it.

Mate you are by no means the only person that does it just the one I read this time that's all it's nothing personal

So if he'd said "in my opinion Fischer wasn't in the game" that would be ok would it