oneBoro Forum

Boro v Oxford United (FA Cup) 3-2

The two centre halves had an absolute shocker yesterday. Neither of them have any pace, they keep giving away stupid fouls and were turned rather embarrassingly a couple of times. They're both as bad as each other.

And will someone tell Ayala that you can't pull shirts anymore. He's gonna end up giving away a pen, I spent most of the game waiting for that to happen yesterday.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with their disallowed goal, we're very very lucky to be through. Harsh on Oxford Utd but that's football.

Looking forward to the draw tonight, hoping for Millwall, home or away will do. Avoid Lincoln at all costs!

Hemmings clearly clips Bernardo's heel on the foot he's about to extend to clear the ball, harsh as it looks fairly innocuous to me but it clearly stopped Bernardo clearing the ball.

Nothing wrong with their disallowed goal, we're very very lucky to be through. Harsh on Oxford Utd but that's football.

Looking forward to the draw tonight, hoping for Millwall, home or away will do. Avoid Lincoln at all costs!

Hemmings clearly clips Bernardo's heel on the foot he's about to extend to clear the ball, harsh as it looks fairly innocuous to me but it clearly stopped Bernardo clearing the ball.

Strikers tend to get the benefit of the doubt in situations like that though. All I'm saying is if it was the other way round I'd be unhappy so I can understand Oxford fan's complaints.

That said it was a cracking tie and I couldn't help but smile a little bit when their fans were going mental when they equalised.

I love the FA Cup.

Strikers tend to get the benefit of the doubt in situations like that though. All I'm saying is if it was the other way round I'd be unhappy so I can understand Oxford fan's complaints.

That said it was a cracking tie and I couldn't help but smile a little bit when their fans were going mental when they equalised.

I love the FA Cup.

But there wasn't any doubt. The striker clearly clipped Bernardo's heel and thus impeded him from clearing the ball. Whether it was deliberate or not doesn't matter. It was the correct call.

The lads on MOTD seemed to think it was never a foul. Completely disagree with them. It made the difference between a clearance and a goal and he did clip him.

I saw that too. They said it was a perfectly good goal and should've stood. They also thought it was the gentle hand in the back and Bernado went he down easy.

I disagree completely it was the (albeit accidental) clip on Bernardo's heels that sent him flying and therefore a foul. I just think they wanted to give Oxford something to cling to, which is a bit condescending as they played good football in parts and really made it a proper cup tie in their own right

The lads on MOTD seemed to think it was never a foul. Completely disagree with them. It made the difference between a clearance and a goal and he did clip him.

I saw that too. They said it was a perfectly good goal and should've stood. They also thought it was the gentle hand in the back and Bernado went he down easy.

I disagree completely it was the (albeit accidental) clip on Bernardo's heels that sent him flying and therefore a foul. I just think they wanted to give Oxford something to cling to, which is a bit condescending as they played good football in parts and really made it a proper cup tie in their own right

It's one of these times where they want the small team to win so the goal should have stood, the penalty was soft, they were incredible getting back into the game bla bla bla.

It's always the same, BT was even worse during the game, on their score show when we scored the winner it was like "oh no middlesbrough have scored again :("

It's one of these times where they want the small team to win so the goal should have stood, the penalty was soft, they were incredible getting back into the game bla bla bla.

It's always the same, BT was even worse during the game, on their score show when we scored the winner it was like "oh no middlesbrough have scored again :("

Tbf what's better for a neutral than a cup upset?

Having said that, MOTD playing down both of Joey Barton's incidents was disgusting.