oneBoro Forum

Boro v Oxford United (FA Cup) 3-2

Bernardo should be dropped ASAP. He was the one player who was abysmal for the full 90 minutes. Did his trademark of giving away a free kick when there was absolutely no need to foul someone in the 2nd half when the ball had nearly ran across the line for a corner/goal kick on Oxford's left hand side.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I was writing my opinion not yours if you can allow that,

I don't remember you expressing an opinion only throwing statements out there really.  

Then using the old 'my opinion' card when someone calls you on it

Incidentally that's not an opinion just a observation

I think you are being a little picky if you are making a difference between opinion and a statement! I was not shouting sack anyone I gave an Observation during play of a couple of players that I believed were playing not well. That goal by Stuani and the sub of Fischer ...... I rest my case

I'm not being picky mate. It's just a massive pet hate of mine, when people throw statements out there with no real substance to it.

You could write that black is white for all I care as long as you put your reasoning behind it. And wether I agree with it or not I will certainly respect it.

Mate you are by no means the only person that does it just the one I read this time that's all it's nothing personal

So if he'd said "in my opinion Fischer wasn't in the game" that would be ok would it

(Not sure if your being serious or not :s)

But if he said "Fisher hasn't been in the game" because of A, B or C that would've been perfectly fine

Chambers/Fabio/Bernardo and Clayton and been f*cking abysmal this game.

I've never rated anyone below a 4 on our system, but I think chambers will be breaking that record today. He's been appalling

BoroDave4 I was only writing the same sort of comment not as harsh an assessment but anyway  and was shot down by some on here

The difference between your comment and Daves comment was he doesn't mention Fischer.

Fischer has created 3 chances in this game...

I don't remember you expressing an opinion only throwing statements out there really.  

I think you are being a little picky if you are making a difference between opinion and a statement! I was not shouting sack anyone I gave an Observation during play of a couple of players that I believed were playing not well. That goal by Stuani and the sub of Fischer ...... I rest my case

I'm not being picky mate. It's just a massive pet hate of mine, when people throw statements out there with no real substance to it.

You could write that black is white for all I care as long as you put your reasoning behind it. And wether I agree with it or not I will certainly respect it.

Mate you are by no means the only person that does it just the one I read this time that's all it's nothing personal

Excuse me but I was wring short references of play and players during the course of the game, mostly for the benefit of people not able to watch the match i was not writing an after match full blown analysis.

So if he'd said "in my opinion Fischer wasn't in the game" that would be ok would it

But if he said "Fisher hasn't been in the game" because of A, B or C that would've been perfectly fine

Just trying to find out the rules

If he thinks Fischer wasn't in the game then that's his opinion. What facts can he give.

Would I don't think he was in the game because I don t think he did anything of note

Or I think he went large periods without touching the ball

Be ok because they still aren't facts

What did everyone think of leadbitters performance today?

First half he started where him and Clayton left in the championship bossed the midfield and played some brilliant balls forward

Second half he faded and seemed to be to far separated from Clayton which in turn sold Ads short a few times. Still needs more minutes to get up to speed. That's the way I saw it anyways

So if he'd said "in my opinion Fischer wasn't in the game"  that would be ok would it

Can you just drop it please, I suggested that for me Fischer was not playing that well.....(he was Subbed) I did not rant and rave or swear! If I am a tad harsh so what. Why are you jumping on other peoples coat tails?

I've got a horrible feeling that we're going to repeat the FA Cup final / relegation double of '96/97.

Hmmm.... Banish that thought!!

Having said that... If we WON the FA Cup, but got relegated, I'd take that. We can get promoted again the following season.

Just trying to find out the rules

If he thinks Fischer wasn't in the game then that's his opinion. What facts can he give.

Would I don't think he was in the game because I don t think he did anything of note

Or I think he went large periods without touching the ball

Be ok because they still aren't facts

Either of your examples would be better that just saying a one liner.

My assessment of Fischer would be. First 20-30 mins he looked lively and always seem to press into the box. He certainly not that effective as downing on the left as he never looks for Fabios overlapping runs which he did a few times also he doesn't help out that much in defending either. Second half I agree with Gephind he was largely a passenger as he wasn't cutting inside either so I wasn't surprised to see him subbed off. All in all a standard Fischer performance he flatters to deceive

What did everyone think of leadbitters performance today?

Not brilliant but better than loads of others

I agree the word i would have used is solid and reliable, it reminded me of last season if i was karanka i would consider playing him against palace he never seems to have a nightmare but not brilliant either.

So if he'd said "in my opinion Fischer wasn't in the game"  that would be ok would it

Can you just drop it please, I suggested that for me Fischer was not playing that well.....(he was Subbed) I did not rant and rave or swear! If I am a tad harsh so what. Why are you jumping on other peoples coat tails?

Not trying to start ... or continue an argument Just never understood which opinions are ok and which aren't. And what facts can you state when you think a player hasn't played well it's all about opinions isn't it