oneBoro Forum

Boro v Oxford United (FA Cup) 3-2

I'm hoping boro are taking the game seriously as the lack of enthusiasm on the forum seems like most Boro fans think this game is a cert.

Living in Oxford I know that the guys down here are taking it seriously and the Oxford fans think we are there for the taking. Especially as they are bringing about 3500 !

That may be just from seeing us struggle to score this season and knowing we only scraped past Accrington in the last round.

From up close, they would see that we have only lost once to lower league opposition since AK came in (Fulham earlier this season, and we were playing De Sart and an unfit Ayala at CB by the time they won it), and have dispatched most of them fairly handily.

We shouldn't be too complacent, but I think this should be straightforward. 2-0 Boro.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's guarantee that AK isn't taking this game lightly. He will obviously make changes as we should be head and shoulders above on paper regardless of who we play. But the players chosen will know that AK won't allow passengers so those hopefull of breaking into the first team will have to show something.

This game won't be treated as a walkover and expect a professional showing and a 2-0 win.

Oxford bringing 3,500 so it should be a great occasion for their supporters and players. But AK will be taking this seriously, a really good opportunity to progress into the last 8 of the FA Cup. Reckon we will put out a very strong Xl, 3-0 Boro. Can't wait, COME ON BORO.

----------------Dimi-------------

Fabio--Ayala---Gibbo----Friend

--------Grant------Clayts------

Paddy----Ramirez----Stewy

-----------Gestede--------

This team for me. I don't think any players really need resting as they're only playing once a week but the new faces I've included is mainly because they need minutes on the pitch so they can be ready if we get a injury

I wouldn't risk Gibbo, Chambers, Negredo,Ramirez or Troare, so I'd go with

..............Dimi...............

Fabio .Ayala..Bernardo..Friend

...Leadbitter...Forshaw

..Bamford..Downing ..Fischer

..........Gestede...........

Agent trekkers successfully infiltrated the Oxford supporters coach en route to the Riverside. Feel a bit lost in a sea of yellow and blue.

C'mon the Boro! 3-1.

Sacrifice yourself Send them the wrong way

• Latest Posts

• we dont have a decent keeper. daniels and lumley are both error prone. they both look nervous to me. maybe they are just not good enough at this level. both are still quite inexperienced, maybe one of them will mature into a decent keeper over the next year or two. i think lumley looks the better of the two from what i've seen so far.
    • It was a brilliant save. But if I remember correctly he only had to make it because he started their move by punching a routine ball from the their corner that he could have just caught when under no pressure at all. I'm certainly not at ease with him.
    • Good effort DZ. Although Wilder looks like he's about 80 in most of those gifs!
    • Well done DZ took you a lot of imagination to come up with this OP😁
    • Good work @Denzel Zanzibar   1. Starting lineup/formation? I think it will the same 18 that made up squad v Swansea. Expect the starting 11 to remain unchanged. I think this is our strongest 18 even with everyone fit in terms of balance and options off the bench. 2. Will poor Dejan Stojanovic get a chance under Wilder? What about Josh Coburn? Writings on wall for Dejan. He was dropped from the subs bench on weekend for Lumley which tells you he is certainly 3rd choice. Coburn ideally needs a loan in Jan but the club really needs to get the loan right as our record on loaning players out has not been great 3. Can we go undefeated until the new year? Its possible with 4 games left. Stoke, Bournemouth, Forest and Blackpool. Albeit I am less concerned about unbeaten runs and more concerned about points gained. Rather take 1 win and a loss over 2 draws. That being said 8pts from next 4 games I would be happy with. Ideally Wilder then turns over Sheff Utd on new years day in our 5th game before a fortnight break from league.   Am I running out of Wilder puns? No. keep going just like our unbeaten run.