• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think it's the fan thing BD, he got a great reception (far better than I would've given him had it been solely up to me) when he returned.

Then I can only assume it's a physio thing. Strict orders to get treated right away.

After watching the game again on MOTD I thought that Fischer had a good first half and played an integral part in both of the goals in the first half. And off the top of my head there were 2 chances from Leadbitter and someone else where both shot instead of passing to him. Another day he might have opened his account.

I hope Karanka has that Mark Lawrenson quote from MOTD after the 3rd round pinned on the walls of the dressing room and played through speakers for the players to listen to at every cup game we play. Odious ***.

Fischer has created 3 chances in this game...

I was writing my opinion not yours if you can allow that,

I don't remember you expressing an opinion only throwing statements out there really.  

Then using the old 'my opinion' card when someone calls you on it

Incidentally that's not an opinion just a observation

To be fair, his statement expresses his version of truth - an opinion. He is stating his opinion. Incidentally, a statement is simply an utterance based on either facts or his own personal opinion. 

His statement is not to be confused with an argument though.

No that's not true :P

Sorry for being late, but how is that not true? If you want to be picky, you better make sure your definitions are on point.

I don't think Ramirez would go straight down the tunnel just to get an injury treated. No reason he couldn't applaud as he was going off.

I've not seen either occasion, mind. Just sounds extremely farfetched that a player wouldn't applaud the fans at the end because he has to be treated.

Guzan - 6 - kicking was very nervy. Very slow to get across for the free kick.

Chambers - 4 - he's been brilliant for us at times this season but he was absolutely shocking today. Didn't look like he could be bothered. Completely lacklustre.

Fabio - 6 - not his best game but I don't think he was as bad as some of the comments. Got forward well and made a few decent interceptions.

Ayala - 6 - best of a bad bunch today. Wasn't helped out by those around him. Nervy on the ball but made one or two good last gasp clearances.

Espinosa - 3 - awful, awful, awful. I really hope he isn't starting again for a long time. Clumsy, gives away the ball all the time, gives away so many dangerous free kicks and was very lucky not to have been at fault for 3 or 4 goals today. It's been a while since I've seen such an awful individual performance by a Boro defender.

Clayton - 5 - one of the worst games I've seen him play. Very poor mistake for their second.

Leadbitter - 6 - good penalty and good effort with the chip. But other than that I thought he was pretty average today.

Downing - 8 - I've given Downing a bit of stick at times but thought he was fantastic at times today. Faded a bit in the second half but he put in a fantastic box to box performance in the first half. I'd have him starting along side De Roon and Clayton in midfield next week.

Fischer - 6 - I, again, thought he was poor. Slowed everything up, took far too many touches out of the ball, and not clinical enough. About 5th or 6th in the pecking order for me.

Traore - 7 - apart from a silly mistake to give away the free kick for the goal (although Chambers and Espinosa give away about 10 similar free kicks each, just lucky they didn't lead to goals) but I thought he was unplayable at times. The bit of play to set up Fischer who's shot was blocked for a corner was superb and he did very well to keep the ball alive for Rudy's goal.

Rudy - 7 - very good today. Took his goal brilliantly. Ran the channels all afternoon, held the ball up well and looked good technically. Much better all round footballer than Rhodes imo.

Guzan - 6

Chambers - 5

Ayala - 5

Espinosa - 3

Fabio - 7

Clayton - 6

Leadbitter - 7

Downing - 8

Traore - 7

Gestede - 7

Fischer - 7

Subs:

Ramirez - 5

Stuani - 6

Negredo - 6

I think some ratings of Chambers and Fabio are a little harsh, particularly the latter. We played a different game today and left ourselves exposed at the cost of attacking prowess, something all sections of the stands have been screaming out for i.e. a bit of risk taking. Fabio in particular made key contributions going forward, putting in both the crosses that led to our open play goals.

I actually thought Fischer was much more involved today and that actually benefitted us. Still at times you wanted him to do more but I saw more than I did against Accrington, though the difference could be that I was actually at that game and was paying very close attention to him.

Espinosa shouldn't be in this team at all. Sells himself so easily, teams must surely identify him as a weak spot and that almost paid off for Oxford very early on today. I think I'd be happier with Dael Fry in the side.

Downing was my Man of the Match. He was everywhere and he actually drove into the box and tried to make things happen. He won the penalty which opened the scoring and nearly scored himself too.

I was writing my opinion not yours if you can allow that,

I don't remember you expressing an opinion only throwing statements out there really.  

To be fair, his statement expresses his version of truth - an opinion. He is stating his opinion. Incidentally, a statement is simply an utterance based on either facts or his own personal opinion. 

Sorry for being late, but how is that not true? If you want to be picky, you better make sure your definitions are on point.

The "that's not true" one liner was extremely tongue in cheek and was supposed to be me doing the very thing I was complaining about earlier. I thought the smiley face poking his tongue out should've expressed that it was not to be taken seriously. But hey ho what can you do :s

I'm not sure if those giving Ayala a worse rating than Espinosa are just suffering from confirmation bias, or just watched the game differently to me, but I thought Ayala was awful. Constantly giving away the ball, giving cheap free kicks away, and climbed over the striker a few times that another ref might have given as fouls.

I'm not sure if those giving Ayala a worse rating than Espinosa are just suffering from confirmation bias, or just watched the game differently to me, but I thought Ayala was awful. Constantly giving away the ball, giving cheap free kicks away, and climbed over the striker a few times that another ref might have given as fouls.

I agre with you thst Ayala was dreadful yesterday. He seemed so far off the game that fouling was his only option. Just watching MOT he seemed to get turned very easily and could've let them in again at the end

First half thought attacking side of the team played well seemed to press them well in midfield and was able to build on some promising attacks, I know a lot of people criticise grant but i think he's excellent at what he does. he seems to be the only midfielder that presses the players on the ball and links up well when attacking. Second half was an absolute write off for me, the less i remember about that half the better. Next round of the cup so will take the result no matter what. 1 think about fisher because he always wants to come onto his right foot he slows the play down so much, i think the lads good but again its finding the right formation for some of these players to play in not sure left wing is really where he should be playing, likewise the situation with stuani.

The "that's not true" one liner was extremely tongue in cheek and was supposed to be me doing the very thing I was complaining about earlier. I thought the smiley face poking his tongue out should've expressed that it was not to be taken seriously. But hey ho what can you do :s

My bad. I was drunk, ha.

Correct, he was woeful.

My bad. I was drunk, ha.

Side effects of Gammel Dansk. Some on here will know as they bloody love the stuff. Downsouth and Neverbefore have secretly pestered me about sending more bottles over.