oneBoro Forum

Boro v Manchester City - FA Cup Quarter Final Saturday 11th March

Ok would have liked ***nal's luck but we have had a kind run up till now, not saying Huddersfield will not triumph over City but City fans will curse their luck of the draw as we are their bogey team.

On TV full house and a real chance for a Wembley appearence

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would they rest Aguero in a Quarter Final? He played vs Huddersfield yesterday. Jesus is out for the rest of the season.

No, he isn't. He's due to return at Easter. 

I know that sounds like a joke, but it genuinely isn't.

Why would they rest Aguero in a Quarter Final? He played vs Huddersfield yesterday. Jesus is out for the rest of the season.

No, he isn't. He's due to return at Easter. 

I know that sounds like a joke, but it genuinely isn't.

I thought he injured his foot, didn't realise he'd been crucified by Romans. Poor kid.

Of the big teams we have probably got the best draw we could have asked for given our record with City. It must be a great incentive knowing Wembley (despite our poor record there) is next with a win and I think the tie has to be finished on the day.

Fingers crossed we turn up for this quarter final. Our last one was arguably the worst moment I experienced as a Boro fan.

Of the big teams we have probably got the best draw we could have asked for given our record with City. It must be a great incentive knowing Wembley (despite our poor record there) is next with a win and I think the tie has to be finished on the day.

Fingers crossed we turn up for this quarter final. Our last one was arguably the worst moment I experienced as a Boro fan.

Yeah we have to turn up for this one early as well, not stuck in traffic

There are no replays in the quarter finals this season, so the match will be decided at The Riverside on the day.

If City beat Huddersfield, they may rest players, as they have a champions league second leg match against Monaco on the following Wednesday. Let's hope it's a tight match tonight, so that City will have to put out a strong side in the second leg.

Bearing all that in mind, it's not a bad draw for us, we do have a chance.

There are no replays in the quarter finals this season, so the match will be decided at The Riverside on the day.

If City beat Huddersfield, they may rest players, as they have  a champions league second leg match against Monaco on the following Wednesday. Let's hope it's a tight match tonight, so that City will have to put out a strong side in the second leg.

Bearing all that in mind, it's not a bad draw for us, we do have a chance.

I had absolutely no idea about that and that makes me happy.

Sterling is suspended for the return leg in the champions league so if they beat Huddersfield he is definately playing against us. But that's irrelevant considering Huddersfield are going to win ;)

Tie very open between Man City and Monaco so hopefully if they beat Huddersfield then they will play a 2nd string against us.

Huddersfield fan here at work said Huddersfield made 9 changes themselves for the cup game and said he thinks they will next Tuesday - the league is definitely their priority. Bodes well if they get through also.

Tie very open between Man City and Monaco so hopefully if they beat Huddersfield then they will play a 2nd string against us.

Huddersfield fan here at work said Huddersfield made 9 changes themselves for the cup game and said he thinks they will next Tuesday - the league is definitely their priority. Bodes well if they get through also.

It's not a very open tie though as Monacos defense is even worse than citys so there is no way they are going to score two more than City. I'd say it's about 80% city.

You are not seriously suggesting Man City will feel like they are through and will not pick a full strength team for the second leg are you BD? They will definitely be full strength and I think that's the point people are making, that they will likely rest players in the FA cup match.

You are not seriously suggesting Man City will feel like they are through and will not pick a full strength team for the second leg are you BD? They will definitely be full strength and I think that's the point people are making, that they will likely rest players in the FA cup match.

They won't think they are through but I think they can afford to rest a few for the return leg though. Sterling is already banned from the return leg so he will play in a potential FA Cup game. I just hope they rest De Bruyne, Agüero and Silva and pray to god they play Stones and Otamendi.

They won't think they are through but I think they can afford to rest a few for the return leg though. Sterling is already banned from the return leg so he will play in a potential FA Cup game. I just hope they rest De Bruyne, Agüero and Silva and pray to god they play Stones and Otamendi.

Sterling isn't banned - that was a mistake they rectified in the commentary.

I really don't think they'll rest a single player for Monaco. Pep's press conference confirmed as much to me. Monaco are capable of winning by two goals at their own place IMO. What a fantastic game of football that was by the way.