oneBoro Forum

Boro v Crystal Palace (A) 0-1

I think all this fight or no fight talk is rubbish myself. The simple fact (ok as I see it anyway) is that some players are not up to the task. Very good in the champo but over a long season getting found out in the prem. AK knows that , Stevie G knows that and we know it but getting the players in to change that is not easy.

If you look at our players and who would probably get in a best of the bottom 7 teams currently I suspect only Valdes and Gibson would feature. The fact we are still hanging on in there tells me we have (mainly) good honest pros in our squad who are performing at their best and if we are still a premiership team in a few years that they will likely as not all have been replaced.

Exactly

In the odd game when everyone is on it 100% we can get close or even win but if we are not 100% or the opposition are at 100% then player for player we just aren't good enough.

The players AK wanted in jan would probably have made all the difference. And if that's a stick to beat him with fair enough

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It doesn't matter what Karanka says the likes of Downing and Forshaw are not going to start acting like Roy Keane on the pitch, it's not in their nature.

You can talk about lack of heart or fight until you're blue in the face, it isn't that we are simply not good enough.

So what's Burnley's excuse?

Good point, I think Burnley are the exception rather than the rule. Dyche has built a squad of mainly British players and created a Wimbledon type of siege mentality.

They are performing well above their individual ability because the team are so well coached and managed. I don't think we can recreate that with a foreign manager, lots of foreign players and a huge discrepancy in wage structure.

It doesn't matter what Karanka says the likes of Downing and Forshaw are not going to start acting like Roy Keane on the pitch, it's not in their nature.

You can talk about lack of heart or fight until you're blue in the face, it isn't that we are simply not good enough.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying we are losing because we have no fight or passion or heart. I am certain that we are as good as our league position suggests. What I am saying (and this may just be old fashioned of me) is that given that lack of ability the minimum I expect is for the players to show that steely determination, to fight and scrap for every 2nd ball and fill me with the feeling that they've done everything they physically and emotionally can do get the best result their capable of. My issue I took on Saturday was I didn't see anyone who I felt gave me that. That's what hit me the most, though admittedly I am from a different Era than many of you and grew up with different heroes.

Good point, I think Burnley are the exception rather than the rule. Dyche has built a squad of mainly British players and created a Wimbledon type of siege mentality.

They are performing well above their individual ability because the team are so well coached and managed. I don't think we can recreate that with a foreign manager, lots of foreign players and a huge discrepancy in wage structure.

Burnley did what we are doing 2 yrs ago. Then they went down added to the players they bought in the premier league and came up again stronger. If we can stay up we cut a yr off that

Burnley did what we are doing 2 yrs ago.  Then they went down added to the players they bought in the premier league and came up again stronger.    If we can stay up we cut a yr off that

A big if

How many Burnley players do you think would get in a best of the bottom 7? Michael Keane maybe?

Heaton maybe? Been pretty solid whenever I've watched him. Although Pickford would potentially fill that spot from what I hear ( I've only watched him once).

Other than that, Joey Barton - lovely guy who is just misunderstood ;)