oneBoro Forum

Boro v Crystal Palace (A) 0-1

My mates a palace season ticket holder. He reckons the loser goes down.  Not sure I agree but I'd guess both sets of supporters look at this as one of the few we should win

I have a mate who is a Palace season ticket holder too, and he reckons they will be in 20th place come May.

(So let's hope we don't lose to them)!

My Palace supporting mate thinks the same too - let's not give them any hope!

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not one for the dramatic but I think if we lose this we go down. If we draw we very probably go down. By my reckoning we need 5 more wins and looking at our last 13 games this is one we can win. We have to play most of the top 6 in our run in. So this game is absolutely MASSIVE!!! Be under no illusions Saturday starts our fight for survival

It will be a nail in the coffin that's for certain but with us still left to play Hull, Swansea and Sunderland, we'd still have a few "outs" left.

The Boro family will go into melt down if we do lose though

Given that some of them go into meltdown about Stuani coming off the bench, I don't think it's indicative of how bad a season is going.

It's a big game for sure but I'm quietly confident. That performance against Everton was excellent and if we can replicate that, I think we'll win.

so far we're one place above the position that was this seasons acceptable expectation

I couldn't care less what position we're in, we're two points about the relegation zone with a hellish run in. I don't think anyone at the start of the season would've been happy to be in this position at the start of the season, given the way we've performed.

All 3 players mentioned earlier have been confirmed as not available for the Palace game Barraghan, Chambers and Friend by Sky Sports

Sky will just be taking their information from the press conference. I'd be amazed if neither Chambers or Friend were in the squad.

Prediction:

We start brightly in front of a nervous crowd. Leadbitter's scuffed shot in off the post puts us one up before the break.

In the second half, we sit back and try to protect our lead. Eventually, we're undone with a Zaha cross and Benteke header, after he easily out jumps Bernardo.

1-1.

The draw is not good news for either team, but both managers claim it's an important point.

Swansea, Sunderland and Hull all lose and we live in hope that we're going to survive on the lowest points total since West Brom with 34 points in 2004/2005.

Personally I think we need to take the game to Palace straight away and to do our outmost to score first, if we do surely then we can control a panicking Palace team.

Do others think we should be careful and cautious or set about them in a ruthless manner?

I expect also to see Leadbitter further up the field in support as I do not know if Forshaw will be playing due to being dropped or having an injury

I was going to say that Palace are one of the few teams that will have even less confidence than we do and that if we don't go after this lot tomorrow we'll be letting ourselves down. But it's us and we don't go after anyone so it's unlikely that we'll take that approach and that might just allow Palace to ease their way into the game unfortunately.

We do have other games remaining that we can win but then we've only won four games this season, fewer than everyone else, so I don't see any reason to be confident that should we fail to win this or even worse we lose it, that we'll be ok anyway cos we'll just beat other teams. I think we're more likely to draw those winnable games than win them and the longer we go without winning the harder it will become. We need a win for the points and we need a win for the confidence/belief. I'd like to think it comes tomorrow but in all honesty I just don't see it if we go there and play it safe. I Hope I'm wrong and Palace are so bereft of confidence that we can keep it tight, keep them nervy and then get ourselves into the lead at some point.