oneBoro Forum

Boro v Stoke City (A) 0-2

I hope steve Gibson act but the likeliness is nothing will change, I am all for chances and patience but its not just the results, its the lack of anything everytime we walk on to the pitch and the lack of any drive or substance to change things or to TRY... Karanka lookd clueless and dumb founded and I really think he has ran out of ideas.

This is my main concern is that players are deliberately underperforming, can never be proved but it looks like a combination of that and other issues already discussed.

One thing for certain is that IF we do appoint a new manager whilst still in the PL I will demand that we have questions answered as to why there is a sudden change in the performance levels of players because it would show they have conned the fans for most of the season.

My god Stoke could have given us a sound thrashing today

And now Swansea winning

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If AK does go, either now or at the end of the season, I'd like us to bring in Wagner from Huddersfield. That being said, I've no idea whether we would even be an attractive proposition to him - and I never thought that would be the case.

If Karanka has already gone do you think he's deliberately tanked this game?  I just don't understand the subs at all.  I know how this sounds before anyone starts and I'd struggle to believe it in all honesty but I just don't get what we've seen today.

He can't have already gone (to his knowledge) or why would he be managing this game?

Yeah I know mate but I just wondered if he did already know somehow.  I can't see it like, the subs are probably just him doing what he's done before.  I just don't understand how when you're 2-0 down you make those subs and expect to get back into the game.  It's like an acceptance of defeat.

The sad thing is that if we do go down I do not see us coming straight back up, the only difference is that there will be a new Manager

Maybe thats not a bad thing.

We were in no way ready for this season. Better to spend two or even three seasons, first getting the new manager settled in, then allowing him to build a team capable of not just getting promoted, but staying up as well.

that's 4 wins in 6 for Swansea since clement took over, just goes to show doesn't it?

4 wins from 6 shortly after we scored 3 against them. They are terrible. Big change

There's considerable concern here, and it's a very worrying concern which has been glaring us in the face for a while now.

The mentality of the majority of our players is costing us. What defines wether a good Championship player can make it as an established Premier League player is their ability to lose and to learn from that loss; to battle back and go that extra mile to ensure they can compete against the best. Looking at all of our squad who featured last season, barring Gibson and perhaps Clayton, that fight and that mentality has been severely lacking, and is a damning indictment on those players themselves.

I'm a Karanka fan. I believe he has the potential to manage well above the level of our club. However, the players mentality being so awful is a worry, and perhaps a change could turn it around. Is that guaranteed? No. But Karanka would leave if we were relegated anyway, so it'd be no change if the worst happened.

Awful situation, and it looks worse by the day. Time for everyone at the club to give their heads a bloody shake and get themselves into gear.

Based on what? Boro is his first managerial role, and so far he's shown that he's lacking in a number of areas. Good defensively, but in an attacking sense, or in terms of changing things tactically during a game, he's weak.