oneBoro Forum

Boro v Stoke City (A) 0-2

Karanka adamant he's the right man to turn things around. Spoke to Steve Gibson after game - says he'll fight on unless told otherwise #Boro

Was asked if he'd consider quitting. "No". Says he's aware of the fans' chant, but believes #Boro can get out of their current predicament.

from Jonathan Taylor.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just to change the subject a little but ive rated the team as i saw it.

Valdes-7

Fabio-6

Espinosa-6

Gibson-6

Friend-5

Clayton-6

Leadbitter-6

De roon-6

Ramirez-5

Traore-5

Gestede-6

Gedioura-6

Stuani-6

Unfair to rate ayala.

Wow!!! all minus ratings....things are really bad..  :D

In all seriousness though... I think you have been quite generous with Fabio and Ramirez.

Fabio had a tough game that ramadam was class. Ramirez just did not seem interested maybe should of rated at 3 or 4

I can't be bothered just now but it would be interesting to see points per game of all the teams at the bottom pre and post sacking their managers. They all seem to have benefited from firing their managers.

Someone earlier said they can't think who would take over. Leicester still haven't appointed a manager but have managed to win two out of two.

There seems to be a snowball effect on the situation we are in. So many different stages where you think we might have been able to do things differently. Some will point to tactics, some to the players, some to the recruitment but frankly all of it has combined to lead us to where we are.

In August I knew there was a decent chance we would go back down, but there's only a handful who look up for the fight and if we are going to go down I would at least want us to go down swinging, whether that's actively trying to win football games or blood sweat and tears, either one would do but we aren't producing either (bar a few individuals).

One final point - I don't normally knock the manager but the subs today were ***.

I though Stuani played well when he came on, I don't think he was ***

I think Dave meant the thinking behind the subs rather than the performance of them necessarily?

Yeah that's what I meant. I'm not knocking the subs individual performances and I agree stuani did alright.

Just to change the subject a little but ive rated the team as i saw it.

Valdes-7

Fabio-6

Espinosa-6

Gibson-6

Friend-5

Clayton-6

Leadbitter-6

De roon-6

Ramirez-5

Traore-5

Gestede-6

Gedioura-6

Stuani-6

Unfair to rate ayala.

In all seriousness though... I think you have been quite generous with Fabio and Ramirez.

Fabio had a tough game that ramadam was class. Ramirez just did not seem interested maybe should of rated at 3 or 4

Do you genuinely think that Friend deserves a 5?

On performance yes and was directly responisble for the two goals. He made a few good interceptions and blocks but awareness and passing was shocking.

On performance yes and was directly responisble for the two goals. He made a few good interceptions and blocks but awareness and passing was shocking.

I thought you were being a bit generous  :sleepy:

To be honest what the hell is the point of rating the players today. Feels a bit like rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic.

Because the same set of players will be playing next week whether aitor is here or not

AK: For a promoted team to fall into the relegation zone for the first time in March shows how well we have done so far

Ten games without a win shows how terrible we are and how poor we have done

I thought you were being a bit generous  :sleepy:

I was.. probably because i like him as a person and on his past performances. But yes you are right he probably scores less than 5