oneBoro Forum

Boro v Stoke City (A) 0-2

Maybe at home yes but away from home i'd rather the 3 combatitive CMs as our foundation with Captain Grant saving our season with a beast for 1-0 after 68 mins

Chip quite clearly our negative and cautious approach is not working a lot of us thought we would take the game to Palace at the weekend sadly not the case and for me and for Boro to be safe end of season we must be more adventurous. I honestly feel we need to change our ethos and take the game to our opponents straight away, try and score a bloody goal or two and then if achieved see the game out with a more traditional approach which ironically we all know the outcome of that and those nervy last few minutes.

We aint going anywhere at the moment but we have to from now on

It's painful to watch at the moment, we are so predictable. Like you say have a bloody go get the fans excited instead of this tedious football that is taking us back to the championship.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i must be going bonkers but i think we could actually win this  :D

but it will all depend on the personnel he puts out and the formation,

NO NO NO to 3 central defenders and wing backs

absolutely NO to Downing in that role ever again, for christs sake the guy is frightened of his own shadow and other than covering for a full back behind him he really doesnt need to be anywhere our own box where he is expected to actually tackle. its really a toss up between him and Ramirez as it stands for a place in the attacking areas (inner laugh there) not for whos best but rather who is least likely to throw the towel in .but given the alternatives one or both may be needed.

NO to Espinosa and also give Forshaw a rest . 

Traore has to play.   we need to run FORWARDS from central midfield with intent when the occasion is right  Davis for Southampton did that yesterday and  created opportunities for them and he isnt much if at all better or younger than  De Roon Leadbitter or Clayton.

Steven Davis is definitely better than those 3 going forward but he's also a slightly different type of player. He's been one of the most underrated players in the premiership over the last few years for me.

I honestly believe that Karanka will go back to his old formation sooner rather than later 4-2-3-1...

I have a strong feeling that we may see this from the start against Stoke...

For me if all players are fit to play then this is the team I would like to see :

Valdes

Barragan chambers gibson fabio

Clayton De-Roon

Adama ramirez stuani

Negredo

Keep this team till the end of the season and I think we will cause problems... Going 3 in midfield will keep us in the same predicament every week...

I think we will wait for us to go out of the cup against City before he will be sacked.

But who would come in? Would you take Rowett to at least work with the squad before the championship?

Now I haven't personally seen much of Birmingham under him, but I'm told that although his style was successful it wasn't all that pleasing on the eye. If that's the case I don't see it as an upgrade