oneBoro Forum

Gary Neville on boro

I think we been some unlucky too, we have  10 draws, 2 of those could had been wins with some luck ( Leicester away comes to mind and maybe stoke at home) then we would have 4 more points on the board

I am not sure if any more offensive attitude would have gained us more, not with the squad we have

But I know 90% in here disagree so no real use to discuss at as one will just be jumped and asked not to post anymore.....

I am firmly in the 10% then. It is too easy to talk about attacking when we don't (yet) have the players for it. If we do go down this season, and I am still convinced we won't, it will be the best defensive record ever to be relegated (I think) 

The teams that have stayed up have generally done so by being solid at the back in the first couple of years and trying to build from there. If we stick to what we do best we will be ok this season.

I'm not convinced we won't go down I thought we'd stay up but we aren't winning the games I thought we would

But I don't think we would do any better throwing caution to the wind and attacking more we just don't have the team. Forget games like palace. We won't win any games playing like that. The players were just off it. But still we only lost by one goal even though 3/4 of the team didn't turn up

To stay up we need a bit off luck in games like Everton to just get that extra goal two extra points 3 times between now and the end of the season and we survive

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I have us bottom on 27 points going down with Swansea and Sunderland, with Palace surviving in 17th position on 28 points. It's going to be that tight!

I honestly can't see where our goals are going to come from. We've got no momentum, no consistency and no clue in the final 3rd. We don't defend from the front any more, our lone striker spends much of his time stood on the half way line and I can only see us grinding out a few draws.

We don't play with any intensity, never on the front foot. We pass the ball nicely at times in our own half but seem to get a nose bleed as soon as we get close to the opposition box, and I don't recall the last time we had a clear cut chance in front of goal in the league.

Unless something changes, I'm afraid I agree with most pundits that we're sleepwalking into relegation. I really hope I'm wrong but I just don't see the first choice 11 getting us through this.

I have us bottom on 27 points going down with Swansea and Sunderland, with Palace surviving in 17th position on 28 points. It's going to be that tight!

I honestly can't see where our goals are going to come from. We've got no momentum, no consistency and no clue in the final 3rd. We don't defend from the front any more, our lone striker spends much of his time stood on the half way line and I can only see us grinding out a few draws.

We don't play with any intensity, never on the front foot. We pass the ball nicely at times in our own half but seem to get a nose bleed as soon as we get close to the opposition box, and I don't recall the last time we had a clear cut chance in front of goal in the league.

Unless something changes, I'm afraid I agree with most pundits that we're sleepwalking into relegation. I really hope I'm wrong but I just don't see the first choice 11 getting us through this.

Someone's got that Friday feeling! :P

Someone's got that Friday feeling! :P

I know! Imagine if I'd typed this up on a Monday!  :D

Dont know whether mentioned but sky have there own Premier League Predictor thing.

It has us finishing 4th bottom on 37 points above hull on 35, palace on 34, sunderland 33.

LOVELY! :D

I would be happy with that!

I think we all would be. I'd be interested to see how we get to 37 points though? 3 wins 6 draws 3 defeats? 4 wins 3 draws 5 defeats? 5 wins and 7 defeats. To go from 22 points in 26 games to 15 in 12 games would be a decent little turnaround. Not sure how likely it is but if we can get a couple of wins things will look a bit better.

I think we all would be. I'd be interested to see how we get to 37 points though? 3 wins 6 draws 3 defeats? 4 wins 3 draws 5 defeats? 5 wins and 7 defeats. To go from 22 points in 26 games to 15 in 12 games would be a decent little turnaround. Not sure how likely it is but if we can get a couple of wins things will look a bit better.

I feel like we're going to have to beat one or two of the big boys along the way to make a fist of this relegation fight. A surprise win tomorrow and our tails will be up for the cup game next weekend and the United game the weekend after.

Do we get to play three of them at home again as well?

Only if you ask nicely enough

Hmm...well I'll let someone else ask then cos I'm too much of a sarky bugger.

Do we get to play three of them at home again as well?

Only if you ask nicely enough

Hmm...well I'll let someone else ask then cos I'm too much of a sarky bugger.

I dont think it matters, we play the same away and home, so doesent matter if we are home or away, might even suit us if Hull, Bournemouth and Swansea will play even more open then they do away, our only threats are on the few breaks we get.