Gary Neville on boro

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Thought I was dooing Boro with the way may predicions were going but somehow managed to get us into 16th on 34 points, 3 above the drop. Had home wins against Burnley, Sunderland and Southampton. I really dodn't think I was harsh on the other. Shows that they too have some pretty rough fixtures. And there are plenty of relegation six pointers towards the bottom from now on.

17th on 31 points - Palace, Hull and Sunderland to go down.

I think we will beat Sunderland and Burnley at home and then fluke another one somewhere we don't expect.

Hull's honeymoon period will end shortly, Palace are still garbage despite beating us comfortably and well we all know how good Sunderland are.

UTB

Down on 30 points for me but I was being conservative (I hope). There are points out there for us, I just don't know if we've got what it takes to go and get them.

I haven't done the predictor thing. I got pinned down into doing one when I was last on BBC Tees but honestly, I prefer to go a game at a time. Football is a funny old thing and theres a reason its hard to predict. I just keeping showing up, singing and hoping for the best.

I am sure we will go down but I don't think it's a bad thing. At least we will see some decent games and wins. My only wish was to see us have ago this season but not even a whimper.

17th on 31 points - Palace, Hull and Sunderland to go down.

I think we will beat Sunderland and Burnley at home and then fluke another one somewhere we don't expect.

Hull's honeymoon period will end shortly, Palace are still garbage despite beating us comfortably and well we all know how good Sunderland are.

UTB

bit of a Damning statement as far as we are concerned  ;)

I think it's pretty unlikely we'll stay up. I believe that the players work hard and I really don't think 'going down without a fight' is the issue but that the mentality is more of a problem. We're naturally defensive minded and on our showing this season we just don't deserve to stay up. I think other teams can pick up a surprise win, but we won't be able to match that and it's that negative attitude that will cost us. Again, it's not the lack of hard work, it's the lack of going for it. The chains are on and we'll inevitably sink. Unfortunately, it's part of what Karanka has instilled in the team - work hard but don't take the risks. Keep it tight and hope.

I also don't think it's that bad either. If we go down we push on and try again...and actually win again.

I think we been some unlucky too, we have 10 draws, 2 of those could had been wins with some luck ( Leicester away comes to mind and maybe stoke at home) then we would have 4 more points on the board

I am not sure if any more offensive attitude would have gained us more, not with the squad we have

But I know 90% in here disagree so no real use to discuss at as one will just be jumped and asked not to post anymore.....

I think we been some unlucky too, we have  10 draws, 2 of those could had been wins with some luck ( Leicester away comes to mind and maybe stoke at home) then we would have 4 more points on the board

I am not sure if any more offensive attitude would have gained us more, not with the squad we have

But I know 90% in here disagree so no real use to discuss at as one will just be jumped and asked not to post anymore.....

I am firmly in the 10% then. It is too easy to talk about attacking when we don't (yet) have the players for it. If we do go down this season, and I am still convinced we won't, it will be the best defensive record ever to be relegated (I think) 

The teams that have stayed up have generally done so by being solid at the back in the first couple of years and trying to build from there. If we stick to what we do best we will be ok this season.