oneBoro Forum

New MFC Manager Thread - Garry Monk Announced

Lousy time to be changing manager really. Not a lot of options and the new guy is limited with the squad he's handed and can't really change. Complete mess.

Never know, some folk may find that extra 75% :P

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Roberto Mancini even if it is just to give the fans something to shout about until the end of the season. Could have a similar effect to Rafa Benitez up the road.

What effect did Benitez have? They still got relegated and lost in key games against their rivals. Now he's leading the championship with probably the most expensive team ever in that division. If that's impressive the AK must be a bloody miracle worker.

Even if he wanted to come (which I don't see as being likely), is he the manager for a relegation fight? I don't think he is.

What relegation fight? We're down regardless of what happens between now and the end of the season in my opinion. We are just not good enough.

So why the *** would Mancini want a relegation on his CV? Use your brain man!

Roberto Mancini even if it is just to give the fans something to shout about until the end of the season. Could have a similar effect to Rafa Benitez up the road.

What effect did Benitez have? They still got relegated and lost in key games against their rivals. Now he's leading the championship with probably the most expensive team ever in that division. If that's impressive the AK must be a bloody miracle worker.

Even if he wanted to come (which I don't see as being likely), is he the manager for a relegation fight? I don't think he is.

What relegation fight? We're down regardless of what happens between now and the end of the season in my opinion. We are just not good enough.

Then what's the point in changing the manager? The only reason to change him surely is to try to stay up!

Lousy time to be changing manager really.  Not a lot of options and the new guy is limited with the squad he's handed and can't really change.  Complete mess.

Never know, some folk may find that extra 75% :P

I suppose it's possible if Karanka has ***ed a lot of the players off that we see an improvement but the squad so limited in it's make up.  I really cannot understand what has gone on at the club this season. It's ineptitude on so many levels.

Hes a world class coach that would give the fans what they want in terms of giving it a go even if we lose at least the fans can say we gave it a go.

You change the manager because he is no longer an option at the football club. It's not simply about survival although obviously we'd all like to stay up.

Mancini won't come. Neither will Hiddink.

Pearson can bugger off.

For me, I'd be requesting interviews with Wagner, Rowett, Warburton, Hodgson and Ranieri. I'd personally like Brendan Rodgers, but I doubt he'd leave his cushy job at Celtic.

I don't see a motivation for Wagner - his project is going well and they may replace us in the prem soon enough.

According to Birmingham fans, Rowett's football was successful but unattractive in the championship - doesn't seem like an improvement.

Warburton has done a good job wherever he has been and played good stuff, but the premier is a class above where he's worked - I'd be open to that one but not enthralled.

Hodgson would be a pretty decent appointment for the short term in my book.

Recruitment has been poor.

Tactics have been poor.

Individual performances have been poor.

Too many mistakes.

Poor PR.

Lack of clarity from the top dog has been poor.

Would anyone see us as a good prospect right now?

Pearson can bugger off.

For me, I'd be requesting interviews with Wagner, Rowett, Warburton, Hodgson and Ranieri. I'd personally like Brendan Rodgers, but I doubt he'd leave his cushy job at Celtic.

I don't see a motivation for Wagner - his project is going well and they may replace us in the prem soon enough.

According to Birmingham fans, Rowett's football was successful but unattractive in the championship - doesn't seem like an improvement.

Warburton has done a good job wherever he has been and played good stuff, but the premier is a class above where he's worked - I'd be open to that one but not enthralled.

If we got Warburton or Rowett, say we go  down you would think they would stay and impose their own style of football on it, give it a go at getting back up and staying their.

Tactics have been poor.

Too many mistakes.

Poor PR.

Steve Gibson is your selling point - he's widely regarded as one of the best owners to work for. We've got top notch training facilities and a renowned academy (though not much has come through of late)

I think we are still an attractive club for up and coming managers if they are available.

Pearson can bugger off.

If we got Warburton or Rowett, say we go  down you would think they would stay and impose their own style of football on it, give it a go at getting back up and staying their.

They are more than likely the only viable long term appointments for that reason. I think right now we may just need someone to come and try to keep us up by hook or by crook and re-assess in the summer.

Rowett's football wasn't great at Birmingham, but he also had to work on a micro budget and with the dross they already had there. The results he got out of mediocre Championship players were pretty incredible when you think about it. He'd also suit the Gibbo way of giving young coaches a chance to prove themselves, and I think he would learn and develop on the job.

Wagner I agree - he rejected Wolfsburg (was it?) to stay at Huddersefield, but if you don't ask you never know!

Warburton - Again, I agree; but if we carried on as we are we'll be in the Championship anyway. If we couldn't get a more experienced appointment, he'd be worth the punt of giving him the go and, if it doesn't work out, he turned Brentford around in the Champo so we'd be in a good position to come back up in a season or two.

Hodgson would be one I don't think a lot of fans would like, but one which would give stability to the club. He did very well at Fulham and WBA, terribly at Liverpool and England... But we all know which of those two categories we fit into more.

Tactics have been poor.

Too many mistakes.

Poor PR.

Steve Gibson is your selling point - he's widely regarded as one of the best owners to work for. We've got top notch training facilities and a renowned academy (though not much has come through of late)

I think we are still an attractive club for up and coming managers if they are available.

Not if the current recruitment situation were to continue. I can't imagine managing a team of Gary Gills FM 13 wonderkids is particularly fun.

Rowett's football wasn't great at Birmingham, but he also had to work on a micro budget and with the dross they already had there. The results he got out of mediocre Championship players were pretty incredible when you think about it. He'd also suit the Gibbo way of giving young coaches a chance to prove themselves, and I think he would learn and develop on the job.

Wagner I agree - he rejected Wolfsburg (was it?) to stay at Huddersefield, but if you don't ask you never know!

Warburton - Again, I agree; but if we carried on as we are we'll be in the Championship anyway. If we couldn't get a more experienced appointment, he'd be worth the punt of giving him the go and, if it doesn't work out, he turned Brentford around in the Champo so we'd be in a good position to come back up in a season or two.

Hodgson would be one I don't think a lot of fans would like, but one which would give stability to the club. He did very well at Fulham and WBA, terribly at Liverpool and England... But we all know which of those two categories we fit into more.

Fair point about the Birmingham budget. Yeah I don't think Hodgson would inspire the fans but I think he would be a safe pair of hands to try to help us.

We are in a weird situation - must clubs down there, when they get a new manager, they come in, shore up the defense and make the hard to beat. Then they work on set pieces and counters etc to try to nick wins. That's already our tactics except we aren't nicking the wins!