oneBoro Forum

New MFC Manager Thread - Garry Monk Announced

If and a big IF AK does go what will life be without Leo and the other backroom staff and will the supreme head of recruitment Mr Orta quickly follow suit?

I'd like to think Orta is here for the long haul who knows how far the line he is with next summer's transfer targets should we stay in this league but going by January I don't know what to expect anymore. But Gary Gill can go.

Orta can stay but Gill can go?  On what basis?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If and a big IF AK does go what will life be without Leo and the other backroom staff and will the supreme head of recruitment Mr Orta quickly follow suit?

I'd like to think Orta is here for the long haul who knows how far the line he is with next summer's transfer targets should we stay in this league but going by January I don't know what to expect anymore. But Gary Gill can go.

Someone has to take the blame for the absolute ***e that has been signed over the last two windows.

Someone has to take the blame for the absolute *** that has been signed over the last two windows.

Yeah but my point is, why is one person blamed for it rather than both of them?  What's Orta brought to the table other than his reputation?

Someone has to take the blame for the absolute *** that has been signed over the last two windows.

Why should that be Gill over Orta? I believe they're both of similar seniority at the club so should both take equal blame.

Whole scouting team can follow ak out the door. They've all been dreadful.

Well they identified the guy from benfica that "is now worth 40 mill and the hull centre back who everyone now wants

Whole scouting team can follow ak out the door. They've all been dreadful.

Well they identified the guy from benfica that "is now worth 40 mill and the hull centre back who everyone now wants

And how's that working out for us? :)

Let's face it, anyone who's involved in our recruitment team has had an absolute stinker over the past twelve months with a few exceptions (players).

The problem with transfers is we don't know wether the players we got are the ones we truly wanted or the ones we had to settle for. Prime example is de sart, we got him because we couldn't get lindelof.

Also in January there was that weird report about us trying to get some Portuguese midfielder for £20m and how he'd rejected us in the summer. Was he our top target and we settled for de roon?

Also didn't we get rejected by 2 or 3 different right backs? I remember Mandi going elsewhere and he was linked for weeks. Eventually we had to settle for barragan.

The subotic thing is another example, ended up with chambers on loan which turned out to be one of the better signings.

Then the Dennis Praet and ziyech stuff and we wanted llorente but wouldn't pay his wages so went for negredo.

Plus the story that came out in January with Rafa Benitez warning us off mitrovic. Did we try and get him before ending up with gestede?

There's just to many unknowns when it comes to recruitment and TBH I don't think it's possible or fair for fans to debate who's fault it was when none of us have the slightest idea what's really gone on. Even the itk people will only hear stuff once it's a lot further down the line.

I'm not defending our recruitment, it's been terrible. I'm just saying as fans based on our knowledge of events we shouldn't even try pointing the finger.

I dont think agnew is the answer. If he is a yes man he would be unlikely to motivate this group of players. We need a strong personality some one who can turn us around. Get into ramirez's head and get him playing again. I dont want pearson or monk or rowett. Realisticly mancini is a no go and im not sure he would be able to turn us around. Ranieri would he be able to tinker his way out of trouble? It would be a slap in the face of leicester if he did manage it!

I wouldnt know who would be able to help us to be honest.

I think that he probably took the Rhodes departure very personally which would not have inspired him towards AK

Probably right but i just remember the charlton game. He had the opportunity to do something different then and that was before jordan was even here. If karanka goes then most of the backroom staff will probably go as these are karankas men. So its not as simple changing the manager its the whole backroom team that will need overhauling. I just dont see it happening, not before the season ends anyway.

The problem with transfers is we don't know wether the players we got are the ones we truly wanted or the ones we had to settle for. Prime example is de sart, we got him because we couldn't get lindelof.

Also in January there was that weird report about us trying to get some Portuguese midfielder for £20m and how he'd rejected us in the summer. Was he our top target and we settled for de roon?

Also didn't we get rejected by 2 or 3 different right backs? I remember Mandi going elsewhere and he was linked for weeks. Eventually we had to settle for barragan.

The subotic thing is another example, ended up with chambers on loan which turned out to be one of the better signings.

Then the Dennis Praet and ziyech stuff and we wanted llorente but wouldn't pay his wages so went for negredo.

Plus the story that came out in January with Rafa Benitez warning us off mitrovic. Did we try and get him before ending up with gestede?

There's just to many unknowns when it comes to recruitment and TBH I don't think it's possible or fair for fans to debate who's fault it was when none of us have the slightest idea what's really gone on. Even the itk people will only hear stuff once it's a lot further down the line.

I'm not defending our recruitment, it's been terrible. I'm just saying as fans based on our knowledge of events we shouldn't even try pointing the finger.

Aye definitely mate, no one knows who's to blame.. which is why it was strange KM picked out Gill and not Orta.

Aye definitely mate, no one knows who's to blame.. which is why it was strange KM picked out Gill and not Orta.

I just don't like him. :P

If we keep Karanka we get relegated with a whimper and then Karanka will leave!

The alternative is to bring in someone new with different ideas who may be able to get these players to play to there potential and drag us over the line to safety!

I honestly cannot see for the life of me why Karanka hasn't had the axe already because anything would be better than what we currently have!

The alternative is to bring in someone new with different ideas who may be able to get these players to play to there potential and drag us over the line to safety!

I honestly cannot see for the life of me why Karanka hasn't had the axe already because anything would be better than what we currently have!

You should use that crystal ball of yours to find out the lottery numbers.

You should use that crystal ball of yours to find out the lottery numbers.

There's really no need for a crystal ball, do you honestly think he would stick around if we got relegated? He never accepts blame and he's got previous of walking the only difference would be Gibson not standing on his way next time