oneBoro Forum

New MFC Manager Thread - Garry Monk Announced

The other moderators know but at this time I am finding the forum somewhat therapeutic I recently found out my younger sister has terminal cancer and has not got a lot of time left, so apologies if some of you think I am being a little ott with some of my thoughts and comments but in the case of MW I really do see him as a viable option

Bloody hell mate how awful. I didn't think you were being OTT at all I was just pulling your leg a bit. My thoughts go out to you and your family.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can sense when the Michael is being taken out of me CT :D

But you make a fair point and gladly a few others have indicated their approval along the way.

Ok the whole thing got me round to thinking who is out there and could probably do a good job without having a high price to come and do a fix job and he just fits the bill and could even see it as being a personal challenge to become a PL Manager.

There are a lot worse out there buddy

It's ok mate, I just think you're cracking up a bit that's all.  Pressure is getting to you.  :P

The other moderators know but at this time I am finding the forum somewhat therapeutic I recently found out my younger sister has terminal cancer and has not got a lot of time left, so apologies if some of you think I am being a little ott with some of my thoughts and comments but in the case of MW I really do see him as a viable option

Sorry to hear that DS, thoughts are with you and your family.

Thanks Brunners I know we sometimes do not see eye to eye but it means a lot, and one day especially if we are back in the Champo you will have to make sure you get to an away oneBoro meet up as I would like to buy you a pint...DS

Neither would i this season. Prior to this season i would because he learnt from his mistakes.

I'll have to disagree with you on that.

Thanks for the supporting messages now you can understand my frustrations are doubled when I endure the crap we are all following when the Boro play and knowing that things could be done about it!

Thanks for the supporting messages now you can understand my frustrations are doubled when I endure the crap we are all following when the Boro play and knowing that things could be done about it!

Sorry to hear that DS, i know what its like. I lost my father to bowl cancer.

Back to football i dont remember warburton much didnt he get sacked even though he got brentford promoted? What kind of manager is he?

I think it wasn't so much about profile as it was about methodology. The Brentford owner wants a very stats based approach to things and Warburton didn't want it to be such a heavy influence on decision making there. At least that's what I heard anyway.

I wonder if SG wants a very stats based approach? However seeing as he seems to see most of the games reports probably are no good to him as he already knows, gosh can you imagine what each analysing match report looks like when it gets to his desk?

Very sorry to hear that DS, thoughts go out to you and your family. Makes you remember that football, and this forum to a lesser degree, can be a massive release from real life so to speak.

The only reason I can see Karanka not being sacked this week is that our next games are against City and United. Ideally you want a managers first games to be winnable so you dont waste the "new manager effect".

Unless his presence is having such a negative effect that we just het rid, place an assitant on charge for 2 games and get a permanent.

Then the quandry is whether we get a manager till the end of the season or a championship manager we think can make the step up should be pull off a miracle and survive.