• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is like Trump's administration!! Changing Times was spinning what i said to cause some kind of argument.

Like Trump's administration?   :)  Do you even have the faintest idea what you're talking about?

I didn't spin anything.  You wrote something that I thought was incorrect and I said so.  If I wanted to cause an argument I'd have had an argument with you.  Instead I said 'I'll have to disagree with you on that' and then left it.

If you're going to be so precious when you write stuff then in future I'd suggest just keeping it to yourself and that way you can have nothing but praise for your work.

Trump's administration.  Give me strength.

Topical.

Take a subject. Make a claim about said subject based on a falsehood. convince people what you said was correct in the first instance. etc. etc.

I don't think i was too far off there...

I've no problem with constructive criticism, but you twisted what i said. So i called you out on it. Simple.

Humtpy, I perhaps haven't read the underlying article, but on here there seemed to be a debate about Karanka being progressive and learning from his mistakes?

CT seems to be saying that he doesn't think that Karanka is/does either of those things? I'm inclined to agree.

The more I think about it, the more I think that we've kind of stood still in the last few seasons (even though we've gained promotion ironically)!

The way I see it, we got to the play-off final two seasons ago (when personally I think the Champo was stronger than last season, with Bounemouth, Watford and Norwich). Last season we went up, but I don't think we were any better. This season we don't really show any signs of being any better still.

I think AK shored us up when he came in, and made us hard to beat.... but I don't really think we've kicked on from that.

[Maybe out of context from your debate with CT, but thought I'd put it out there].

Cheers.

Add to the above many members have agreed that we have not improved nor got better than last seasons promotion team and that all the faults we already knew about were still being displayed in spades

This is like Trump's administration!! Changing Times was spinning what i said to cause some kind of argument.

Like Trump's administration?   :)  Do you even have the faintest idea what you're talking about?

I didn't spin anything.  You wrote something that I thought was incorrect and I said so.  If I wanted to cause an argument I'd have had an argument with you.  Instead I said 'I'll have to disagree with you on that' and then left it.

If you're going to be so precious when you write stuff then in future I'd suggest just keeping it to yourself and that way you can have nothing but praise for your work.

Topical.

Take a subject. Make a claim about said subject based on a falsehood. convince people what you said was correct in the first instance. etc. etc.

I've no problem with constructive criticism, but you twisted what i said. So i called you out on it. Simple.

Humtpy, I perhaps haven't read the underlying article, but on here there seemed to be a debate about Karanka being progressive and learning from his mistakes?

CT seems to be saying that he doesn't think that Karanka is/does either of those things? I'm inclined to agree.

The more I think about it, the more I think that we've kind of stood still in the last few seasons (even though we've gained promotion ironically)!

The way I see it, we got to the play-off final two seasons ago (when personally I think the Champo was stronger than last season, with Bounemouth, Watford and Norwich). Last season we went up, but I don't think we were any better. This season we don't really show any signs of being any better still.

I think AK shored us up when he came in, and made us hard to beat.... but I don't really think we've kicked on from that.

[Maybe out of context from your debate with CT, but thought I'd put it out there].

Cheers.

To save you reading the article, the article says prior to this season Karanka had appeared progressive. i.e. after a slow start he'd found a way to get the results needed for promotion. Changing Times made it appear as though i'd said he was a progressive coach full stop. I didn't say that.

Topical.

Cheers.

To save you reading the article, the article says prior to this season Karanka had appeared progressive. i.e. after a slow start he'd found a way to get the results needed for promotion. Changing Times made it appear as though i'd said he was a progressive coach full stop. I didn't say that.

OK thanks. I read your more recent article about the Karanka conundrum, but hadn't read that one.

Honest answer chaps, as it stands there will be no changes and I understand the thought processes of having time to do a complete overhaul re back room staff.

Are you annoyed that action has not been taken and that AK is still the boss? (assuming nothing changes in the next day or two)

There is a big part of me that would be really sad if we sacked AK just based on the fact that one thing I always associate with us is that we aren't like other clubs. You see clubs like palace etc who go through more managers than ticket price changes and I've always been so proud of us that we aren't like that. To me that's part of the heart and sole of the club. We are a locally ran club with passionate fans who support their team and manager through thick and thin. So, entirely separate from all other factors in the decision, it would sadden me to pull the trigger, solely based on the fact that to me it seems rather "Un-Boro" so to speak.

If karanka doesn't get sacked i have simply lost all faith in the club and steve gibson, i just can't see any justification as to why he is still manager.

we are a joke and look like a dross championship team because of the way he has coached to players to play.

and thats not to even mention the dig at the fans,chairman and the dross signings he's made and last years walkout. the man is a joke

Honest answer chaps, as it stands there will be no changes and I understand the thought processes of having time to do a complete overhaul re back room staff.

Are you annoyed that action has not been taken and that AK is still the boss? (assuming nothing changes in the next day or two)

I'd say I'm more disappointed than annoyed. I honestly don't see AK being able to turn it around, so I would have liked a change - if only to 'give it a go'.

(I'm afraid I also don't enjoy AKs style of football, so I guess there is an element of wanting to see something different on that front too).

If he stays, and we do stay up, then fair play to all those concerned.

Can I refer members back to post 286 where I made a fairly long and thought out post some of it might change your current feelings to a degree there again it might not

The problem with this team as i see it is we dont have a natural balance and play too many (poor quality)central midfielders if we are going to play with a holding midfielder we need another midfielder who can dictate the pace good on possesion amd can play killer balls. We dont have a player like this. I loke de roon but he just runs around alot, he could score more goals imo.

Leadbitter is also the same as de roon. Our wingers are the major fault in this squad too stuani is not a winger. He is a decent forward but not a winger. Unfortunately due to the lack of wingers we have to play stuani. Traore really needs to up his game for all the dribbleing he does its pointless unless make use of the space he creates. He reminds of that ball greedy kid you use to play footy with. Runs around alot with the ball could of passed the ball but took it on himself and gets takled. So frustrating. I havent seen much of fischer before his injury i thought he was starting to get into it. But has taken a slide again. Ramirez should be dropped full stop.

The problem with this team as i see it is we dont have a natural balance and play too many (poor quality)central midfielders if we are going to play with a holding midfielder we need another midfielder who can dictate the pace good on possesion amd can play killer balls. We dont have a player like this. I loke de roon but he just runs around alot, he could score more goals imo.

Leadbitter is also the same as de roon. Our wingers are the major fault in this squad too stuani is not a winger. He is a decent forward but not a winger. Unfortunately due to the lack of wingers we have to play stuani. Traore really needs to up his game for all the dribbleing he does its pointless unless  make use of the space he creates. He reminds of that ball greedy kid you use to play footy with. Runs around alot with the ball could of passed the ball but took it on himself and gets takled. So frustrating. I havent seen much of fischer before his injury i thought he was starting to get into it. But has taken a slide again. Ramirez should be dropped full stop.

You would have thought by now with his speed that he could have won us a few penna's by now but goes to show how often he actually gets into the box :shy:

Leadbitter is also the same as de roon. Our wingers are the major fault in this squad too stuani is not a winger. He is a decent forward but not a winger. Unfortunately due to the lack of wingers we have to play stuani. Traore really needs to up his game for all the dribbleing he does its pointless unless  make use of the space he creates. He reminds of that ball greedy kid you use to play footy with. Runs around alot with the ball could of passed the ball but took it on himself and gets takled. So frustrating. I havent seen much of fischer before his injury i thought he was starting to get into it. But has taken a slide again. Ramirez should be dropped full stop.

You would have thought by now with his speed that he could have won us a few penna's by now but goes to show how often he actually gets into the box :shy:

This is it! Always goes outside. Cut inside and draw the foul simple. Dont need to dive or over emphasise it because he will be fouled or hes through on goal.

To be honest, I think so. I'm not getting as worked up about it as some people are, as I think Karanka is a good coach, and I think that, assuming that he and the players are still singing from the same hymn sheet (which I know is a point of discussion), then I think if he changes his mindset, and other results go in our favour, it's not all as bleak as some have made out. 

However, my personal opinion is that we're past the point of no return. What we need for the next two months is for players, fans and staff to be all pulling in the same direction, and that is not happening at the minute, and I don't think it will now. Unless we miraculously pull off wins against the Manchester clubs, I think the feelings heard from the crowd at Stoke will only increase.

Would Ramirez play with more heart under another manager? Would Downing or Stuani be played to their strengths? Would Negredo get the support up top he's been visibly agitating for all season? I don't know, but I think it's worth finding out.