• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is a big part of me that would be really sad if we sacked AK just based on the fact that one thing I always associate with us is that we aren't like other clubs. You see clubs like palace etc who go through more managers than ticket price changes and I've always been so proud of us that we aren't like that. To me that's part of the heart and sole of the club. We are a locally ran club with passionate fans who support their team and manager through thick and thin. So, entirely separate from all other factors in the decision, it would sadden me to pull the trigger, solely based on the fact that to me it seems rather "Un-Boro" so to speak.

Mate - with the way AK acted last season when the pressure got intense (walking out on the club with ten games to go (before Charlton)), pretty much most clubs would have kicked him out there and then.

Gibbo didn't do that. He sorted it out with the manager, and from what we are lead to believe, called in players for meetings too.

AK has been outspoken at times, and Gibbo lets him get on with it. He's said things on occasion that other managers could have been sacked for too.

I honestly don't think you need to lose faith in Boro being a club that sticks by our managers, even if AK did get the boot by the end of the season.

I thought it was pretty common knowledge that Karanka was asked not to come in that weekend after the argument with the players? It seems like the events of the 'walk out' are often twisted and used as a stick to beat him with.

I thought it was pretty common knowledge that Karanka was asked not to come in that weekend after the argument with the players? It seems like the events of the 'walk out' are often twisted and used as a stick to beat him with.

As far as I know it wasn't Karankas decision to not be at Charlton.

You're splitting hairs guys.

Whether he walked out, or whether he didn't.... there was a massive 'situation' that arose - that much is clear.

It wasn't a stick to beat him with. My point was that plenty of clubs would have binned their manager in a similar situation. Boro didn't.

I was reassuring Boro Dave that it's not Boro's way.

Whether he walked out, or whether he didn't.... there was a massive 'situation' that arose - that much is clear.

It wasn't a stick to beat him with. My point was that plenty of clubs would have binned their manager in a similar situation. Boro didn't.

Boro didnt bin him because they knew this guy could get the club promoted. They were right on this occassion.

They probably have a similar feeling towards our survival too otherwise he would of gone by now.

I hope they are right this time too.

I really like karanka, i do find some if his tactical decisions baffling at times but im not privy to the goings on at the club or am i at the training ground. So i trust in him.

The whole situation in my eyes is a mess. Im not going to go over old ground about the transfer issues.

I just hope there is enough players at the club wanting premier league survival as much as us. Hopefully none actually think they could walk into another premier league team so easily.

Boro didnt bin him because they knew this guy could get the club promoted. They were right on this occassion.

They probably have a similar feeling towards our survival too otherwise he would of gone by now.

I hope they are right this  time too.

I really like karanka, i do find some if his tactical decisions baffling at times but im not privy to the goings on at the club or am i at the training ground. So i trust in him.

The whole situation in my eyes is a mess. Im not going to go over old ground about the transfer issues.

I just hope there is enough players at the club wanting premier league survival as much as us. Hopefully none actually think they could walk into another premier league team so easily.

My whole point was that Boro aren't usually too quick to pull the trigger on sacking managers. That was all.

I hope they are right this  time too.

My whole point was that Boro aren't usually too quick to pull the trigger on sacking managers. That was all.

And that I pointed to that as a source of pride about they way we run our football club.

And I know what you're saying betamaxman, it's more of an emotional response from me in this specific case. Logically I can empathize and understand a lot of people's reasoning of why they want a change now. Deep down though I still have this romantic notion of him turning it round, though that's becoming more and more of a fantasy as the weeks are passing.

I'm really hoping all that has gone on in the last 48 hours works as a massive wake up call to Karanka and he does switch things to be slightly more offensive!

I know he's stubborn but if behind closed doors he starts to understand were too negative and starts shaping the team to "have a go" I'll be right behind AK and start believing in him again

Quite ironic that it's a year ago that his job was on the line also with the Charlton debacle.

Something changed after that and we went on a mini run, so let's see if we can do it again. What's going to be most frustrating if we get relegated is missing out on picking up points earlier on this season against teams we could have beat.

Topical.

Take a subject. Make a claim about said subject based on a falsehood. convince people what you said was correct in the first instance. etc. etc.

I don't think i was too far off there...

I've no problem with constructive criticism, but you twisted what i said. So i called you out on it. Simple.

All of that would be fine except that I didn't make a claim about anything.  I just said I wouldn't use it to describe AK and then I left it at that.  I read exactly what you wrote and this season or prior to this season it's incorrect in my opinion.  He barely if ever accepts he's made a mistake so I fail to see how he can learn from them.  Tactically as a team we've barely moved on, his man management still appears to be flawed, he has again had a pop at the fans as he did last season.  So no, he isn't progressive and he doesn't appear to learn from his mistakes.  Finally, I didn't twist anything precisely because I barely said anything in the first place.