oneBoro Forum

New MFC Manager Thread - Garry Monk Announced

Who else would we get instead of Karanka?

The two main contenders of Warburton and Rowett are both at different clubs. I cant see anyone else who could make a difference to be honest.

Wagner?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well done Leicester city. Unfortunately while I admire the achievements I don't believe we could emulate the same. The club needs a deep clean and a renewed focus and attitude. I do believe AK has a lot to own up for mainly the failure to score goals and I believe he spent to long strenghting the denfense and midfield as a way and means of playing from the back. It may well work for clubs with large squads and quality players, neither which we have. I am sure we can all gather there is mutiny and poor moral in the camp and not many are up for the fight and while AK states he wants 18 fighters it hardly gives balance swapping and changing players and playing out of position. It's also strange why he is focused on 18 players and not the club in general.

Well that is hardly a story that would be difficult to guess upon and notice the word "could".

So many on here and elsewhere would probably assume that we would not beat Man United anyway, I think what every Boro fan, and more than likely SG will be in he manner in which we play, if we come away and say we put on a great show, showed fight and all the complaints we have mentioned addressed it may not make any difference at all.

I think now AK is here for the rest of the season

The Insider and Lurker are noticeable by their absence from the forum of late!  Thought at least one of them would have had a sneak preview to tell us all let's face it they were active in the transfer window threads just a pity that they were not spot on with the tips they gave us at he time

I'm not sure that there is anything to tell, DS. What sort of news are you hoping for?

The less rumours, the better, as far as I'm concerned. The club have to unite at this crucial time, otherwise we are done for, tittle tattle really won't help the cause, loose lips sink ships and all of that.

Steve Gibson is the only man who can take any action, no one can second guess him, he knows what's going on inside the club and I'm sure that he has his own idea of how to fix things. We don't have a board of directors like a lot of clubs and I think that probably makes the decision all the more difficult for Gibbo to make. His main advisers will be Orta and Kenyon, both of those are allies of AK, that's probably why no sudden changes have been made.

Is it not the job of a coach to get the very best of the squad of players he has. The most expensively assembled squad does not always perform to its maximum, (for example Man Utd over the last few years), whilst results show that strongly bonded teams perform well against so called 'better' sides. I have been reading on this thread that our abysmal results and dire tactics are not solely down to Karanka, but due to the poor players he has at his disposal, oh come on please! I get it that some people still wish to defend Karanka but surely we are past that point now, the man is clearly out of his depth. I no longer look forward to match days coming around and I no longer have any plans to travel to watch Middlesbroughnil FC this season, as quite frankly it is just depressing. I accepted a few weeks ago that we would be relegated and probably justly so as I have not seen a worse side in this division, and that includes Sunderland who at least have a go. It is actually quite soothing to actually accept your fate as I can now look forward to the comings and goings of the close season, all of course under a new manager.

The Insider and Lurker are noticeable by their absence from the forum of late!  Thought at least one of them would have had a sneak preview to tell us all let's face it they were active in the transfer window threads just a pity that they were not spot on with the tips they gave us at he time

I'm not sure that there is anything to tell, DS. What sort of news are you hoping for?

The less rumours, the better, as far as I'm concerned. The club have to unite at this crucial time, otherwise we are done for, tittle tattle really won't help the cause, loose lips sink ships and all of that.

Steve Gibson is the only man who can take any action, no one can second guess him, he knows what's going on inside the club and I'm sure that he has his own idea of how to fix things. We don't have a board of directors like a lot of clubs and I think that probably makes the decision all the more difficult for Gibbo to make. His main advisers will be Orta and Kenyon, both of those are allies of AK, that's probably why no sudden changes have been made.

Billy- if by 'done for' you mean relegated, then I can't agree with you. I think we are done for if we don't change the manager. AK hasn't really shown anything this season to make me think he has what it takes to turn this situation around. I think the only hope of staying up is a new manager.

Having said that, if Palace win at home to Watford on Saturday afternoon, which is perfectly feasible, then we'll be five points adrift before we even kick off against UTD on Sunday. Staying up could be a long shot whoever is in charge.

I agree with the rest of your post though!

Just responding to the "karanka can't get the best out of attacking players", I'd argue he got the best out of bamford, tomlin, Adomah etc. in our 14/15 season. I loved watching our attacking football with that group. Question is why can't he replicate that with arguably better players? Did our forwards just gel that year?

Who else would we get instead of Karanka?

The two main contenders of Warburton and Rowett are both at different clubs. I cant see anyone else who could make a difference to be honest.

Wagner?

In what way were they the 'two main contenders'? They weren't at any point favourites, and I know a lot of fans were less than impressed by the suggestion of either.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't replace AK, I'm just saying that there is nothing to be gained from speculation and rumours. It's Gibbo's call and we need to back whoever is in charge regardless, for the good of the club.

Fair enough. I agree with that too!

"Boro may well find themselves joint-bottom going into the game, should Sunderland manage to beat Burnley at the Stadium of Light on Saturday.

That result would further pile the pressure on Aitor Karanka, with his side 10 games without a win in the league, a woeful run of form which has led to one national newspaper today claiming the manager's job is at risk if Boro put in another timid display on Sunday"

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/middlesbrough-hoping-defender-injury-boost-12744031

"Boro may well find themselves joint-bottom going into the game, should Sunderland manage to beat Burnley at the Stadium of Light on Saturday.

That result would further pile the pressure on Aitor Karanka, with his side 10 games without a win in the league, a woeful run of form which has led to one national newspaper today claiming the manager's job is at risk if Boro put in another timid display on Sunday"

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/middlesbrough-hoping-defender-injury-boost-12744031

I think Palace (H) beating Watford on Saturday afternoon will pile on more pressure. We'll be five points adrift at that point.

I'll say it before and I'll say it again. We haven't looked as good going forward since we got rid of Tomlin.

His link up play with Bamford and Adomah that season was sensational.

I don't know if it's true..... but I heard that Karanka wanted one of the pies from the club canteen, but Tomlin had eaten them all.

After that, he was a marked man.

Just responding to the "karanka can't get the best out of attacking players", I'd argue he got the best out of bamford, tomlin, Adomah etc. in our 14/15 season. I loved watching our attacking football with that group. Question is why can't he replicate that with arguably better players? Did our forwards just gel that year?

I think we have to think back to the fact that in the Championship we had one of the best squads in the division and the likes of Bamford, Tomlin and Adomah were a*** the best attacking players. We didn't play that much differently to the way we play right now, but because we had the better players overall, we had more of the ball and we were able to create chances. 

The difference now is that we no longer have the better players, spend a lot more of our time pushed back into our own half, so our style of play, which was never attacking in the first place, means we create even less now and can't rely on individuals being better than the opposition.

We also lack mobility up front, which used to allow us to defend from the front. Part of our game last season saw the likes of Nugent and Rhodes constantly pressing the opposition and not allowing them to comfortably play out from the back, meaning we regained possession by forcing them to play quickly. Adomah constantly pressed. Ramirez, when up for it, did the same.

Now, we have a striker who only runs and presses the opposition when he feels like (yes perhaps more intelligently but nevertheless different to last season), while Adama only runs when he has the ball. Ramirez has been missing for months now, which means we no longer defend from the front, no longer press enough and are constantly pushed back into our own half by teams who have more possession than us.

Quite often the only player to truly press the opposition in their own half if de Roon. I think it is this reason that Karanka had to switch away from our favoured formation with Ramirez at number 10, because without enough pressing and mobility up front, the battle is immediately fought in the midfield area instead.

Without a change in philosophical approach, I don't think Karanka CAN get the best out of our attacking players in the "only" way we know how to play, which is why we're going down with a whimper.