• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What would everyone think if Steve Round came back and became our manager?,

I'd be disappointed. He's a highly regarded coach but I don't think he's what we need

Well ive been having a think id take him over any previous manager weve had in recent years, pardew, hodgson, giggs and mcclaren which seems to me who will be our next manager considering he was sacked 2 days ago and now karanka has been all of a sudden been pushed out of the door. I wouldn't take him over Ranieri or pearson or hiddink, in effect he would a chioce i think ok but not the best choice.

I suppose this must have been a difficult call for Gibson. Either way it's a gamble - a new manager who can turn our fortunes round (I'm not so optimistic about that) or hoping that results would have gone our way with AK. This is not a good time in the season to change manager. The championship is looming.

I feel quite deflated really, as ive always liked karanka. Obviously we are not seeing what goes on behind closed doors so i only made my judgement on what i seen. I will always wonder about what could of been. But its happened now and we move on excitedly about the next moments which could decide where we will be next season.

For me going back to people like mcclaren would be a poor move imho. We've been there and got the Tshirt so to speak. We need a fresh man in with different ideas. Wagner of huddersfield looks a good choice so does jokanovic and quiqe sanches flores too. I definately dont want to see pearson here, i dont think he would do ys any favours reputation wise. Pardew is an odd one i dont think he would be a good choice either.

The talk of gus hiddink is quite interesting he did well at chelsea so is a suprise for me but hey lets see how we perform at the united game.

Well once again we enter a new era of uncertainty and no one can deny the stats were abysmal and the action taken expected and some, as I, would say to late. I think we now enter a period of hope rather than expectance.

Well once again we enter a new era of uncertainty and no one can deny the stats were abysmal and the action taken expected and some, as I, would say to late. I think we now enter a period of hope rather than expectance.

When was this expectancy , I always had hope but never expectancy

I'm very sceptical about Pearson. Another Boro legend? We've been down that road before.

Our nosedive dates directly back to the January transfer window. Up to then we had been holding our own, despite a lack of goalscoring.

If I was cherry picking (but also trying to be semi realistic) I'd bust a gut to get Hiddink in till the summer, his stature etc in the game I think would be most likely to get a good response. He has also seen and done it all so I'm sure could sort out any issues. 

After that then hopefully we stay up, Huddersfield fail to get promotion, and we get Wagner as a long term project.

If I was cherry picking (but also trying to be semi realistic) I'd bust a gut to get Hiddink in till the summer, his stature etc in the game I think would be most likely to get a good response. He has also seen and done it all so I'm sure could sort out any issues. 

After that then hopefully we stay up, Huddersfield fail to get promotion, and we get Wagner as a long term project.

Exactly this! Although if we do stay up I'd quite like the idea of Hiddink signing a 2 year deal with a Wagner type coach working along side him

Please lads, Huddersfield fan here, lets just leave Wagner out of the equation if you can.

You can't seriously think he's going to abandon Huddersfield at this time of the season, and to be fair for Boro?

It's getting near "fat lady sings time" and even Wagner may not be able to work miracles.

He's turned down Wolfsburg and Villa already, and I live in the area, have a soft spot for Boro, another Yorkshire club, but he just isn't coming here.

We know we won't keep him long, best we expected this season was top half of the table, and the silly sods done too well. We do need to finish the job now, to stand a chance of keeping him, and even then he'll go home to The Bundesliga if the right offer comes in.........probably.

We'll be forever grateful, because this season has been wonderful, absolutely brilliant football wise, but no amount of money, now or in the near future is going to tempt him to Boro.

You've had it we can't listen to your pleas so best hide, we're ruthless we're gonna get him off yer, we're coming you can't stop us nobody can.

We are gonna take Whitehead off yous too