oneBoro Forum

New MFC Manager Thread - Garry Monk Announced

Just seen a photo of a guy who claimed to be sat next to Karanka on a flight and this was the caption he put below (Karanka pictured)

Just been sat with this ledge on the flight home and asked a few questions for every boro fan wondering..... ?

He said he's definitely not going to

sunderland.

The signings in January were not made by him and made by the board.

Hes here visiting his family who still live here and don't want to leave.

He wants to come back and try again next season at the boro. ?

Jordan Rhodes wasn't getting picked because other players were better.

And winning promotion was the best thing that happened to him in his Career and he even showed me pictures on his phone of the celebrations after.

Think i done well all in all ?. And he was a top bloke.

If this post is genuine then it answers some of the questions that have been going on for ages on here.

i'm going to put it out there, but if Aitor could be slightly less stubborn and learn how to deal with the pressure, then i'd happily have him back! It's not been the same since (we had a plan, a strategy etc), but that's just me.

(ducks for cover)

Seriously? We won 2 league games in 5 months.

I think he could get us back out of the championship but it wouldn't be a good plan and there are a lot of managers who'd be up to the task given the present squad and (presumably high) budget. We've brought back Woodgate who had a big fallout with Karanka and many members of the squad we'll be taking into next season have too. We've removed almost all members of his coaching team and seem to be bringing the camaraderie in the squad back up.

I've banged on about it again and again, but it's time for a new manager with a fresh approach to reinvigorate this group of players.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just seen a photo of a guy who claimed to be sat next to Karanka on a flight and this was the caption he put below (Karanka pictured)

Just been sat with this ledge on the flight home and asked a few questions for every boro fan wondering..... ?

He said he's definitely not going to

sunderland.

The signings in January were not made by him and made by the board.

Hes here visiting his family who still live here and don't want to leave.

He wants to come back and try again next season at the boro. ?

Jordan Rhodes wasn't getting picked because other players were better.

And winning promotion was the best thing that happened to him in his Career and he even showed me pictures on his phone of the celebrations after.

Think i done well all in all ?. And he was a top bloke.

If this post is genuine then it answers some of the questions that have been going on for ages on here.

i'm going to put it out there, but if Aitor could be slightly less stubborn and learn how to deal with the pressure, then i'd happily have him back! It's not been the same since (we had a plan, a strategy etc), but that's just me.

(ducks for cover)

Didn't like his style of football 1st time around and a leopard doesn't change its spots, time to move on adios Aitor.

Ok then let's say for arguments sake the Gazette have taken a balanced stance on Agnew.

Would you call their reporting of Karanka balanced?

Even still i think they've been very supportive of Agnew despite his woeful record. Why even print the Tony MccMahon article, it has no relevance to what most of us can see with our own eyes on the pitch.

That wasn't the query. The query was regarding their "Pro-Agnew" reporting which i disagreed with.

If you're asking me about their reporting on Karanka, i'd say there's a hint of resentment in Tallentire's reporting. I think the others have called it fair.

I think the Gazette have been pro Agnew, I think they've been building a narrative over the last few months with an article here and a quote there to further his case.

In my opinion they'll print or avoid printing whatever toes the party line with Gibson. We've saw what happens in the past when people have criticised the club like Slaven who was banned.

I'm sure you'll disagree with this which is fine we'll have to agree to disagree.

Yeah i don't agree...

They have sympathy with his plight and situation he's been placed in but don't confuse that with them being "Pro-Agnew"

His plight? Bloody hell I'll get my violin out, shall I?

Agnew decided to take the job, he hasn't been 'placed' in any situation, he placed himself in it by accepting the job ffs.

The revisionism on here is truly incredible at times.

There's the problem with your argument Humpty you assume the position that the Gazette do where if you criticise Agnew and his appointment you're the 'Karanka brigade' it's absurd. The Gazette are the only ones we have to ask the serious questions right now the national journalists won't and instead of inquiries we're getting bile on Karanka and poor little Agnew what could he do we deserve better coverage here it's an important moment.

Before we all get the violins out for Agnew which seems to be the way the Gazette want this to end now we're relegated when we sacked Karanka mid March 3 points into the relegation zone we had a 2 week international break as well yet we decided immediately after Karanka was let go that all we needed was Agnew because as Vickers says Gibson thought our squad was more than good enough they just needed a change in tactics which again makes it's own point about who was convinced our recruitment was so solid it was the man who signs the cheques.

As for that Tarrentire article I clicked it saw the headline clicked the x my god it's ridiculous they're making excuses as if they weren't crowing about how happy the club were and fans should be in September with our business it's disingenuous at best.

Ramirez is obviously going to be one of the issues in the dressing rooms, I heard a rumour that Ramirez, Valdes and Negredo had fallen out with Karanka a few months ago as well.

Then there's the issue with Downing he obviously didn't get on with Karanka, I'm more inclined to take Karanka's side on this. Downing hasn't delivered for us here this time especially considering what he's costing.

Is it a coincidence that Downing has started every game since AK went as well.

I sincerely doubt that Valdes fell out with AK, especially given the send off message he did.

I do agree on Downing though. The old adage of "no player is bigger than the club" certainly doesn't seem to hold sway in Downing's case. Aye, he keeps possession fine, but he offers very little in terms of progressive play. Personally I think he's at that 'Mendieta time' where he no longer has the legs to perform adequately out wide and we should bring him infield to play at Centre Mid. As things stand we offer little threat down the left flank; we need something far more dynamic down that side.

I'm offended for Mendieta with the comparison lol! Mendy was still a huge asset to us and could carve open a defence with one pass. Downing carves our defence open with cross wing pass that goes behind our player.  :D

Interesting interview you felt as if he really wanted to open a can of worms and tell the story as it really is.

Nothing felt right this season and it seems as if George and a few others were victims of circumstances well beyond their control

I'm offended for Mendieta with the comparison lol! Mendy was still a huge asset to us and could carve open a defence with one pass. Downing carves our defence open with cross wing pass that goes behind our player.  :D

Hahaha. :D

Touché, RR ;)

dunno about  Mendi time ...more like Gaston time.

gifted football who felt this whole experience was about him rather than the team, hopefully same outcome for both.

Aye. Personally I'd rather get rid, but I doubt there'd be much interest from other quarters. Particularly another club willing to match his wages. Can see him being here until the end of his contract unfortunately.