• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Sky Sports News HQ

BREAKING: Nigel Pearson on shortlist of three candidates for @Boro manager's job - Sky sources. #SSNHQ

"Pearson is currently on holiday but initial discussions have taken place with his representatives, and more formal talks are planned after he returns at the weekend"

Glad you said that DZ. Nearly clicked the link...

Would be handy if the links posted actually said where they were from as oppose to this URL shortening stuff. I refuse outright to even visit The Sun website and allow Murdoch and his cronies to gain any advertising cash from my visit... Same with Rothermere at the Daily Mail.

Pearson's an interesting one. Knows the club, has experience of promotion and kept a team in the Prem. Downside is he appears to have a bit of a temper on him which isn't ideal. Interested to know who the other 2 candidates are.

@Sky Sports News HQ

BREAKING: Nigel Pearson on shortlist of three candidates for @Boro manager's job - Sky sources. #SSNHQ

"Pearson is currently on holiday but initial discussions have taken place with his representatives, and more formal talks are planned after he returns at the weekend"

Interesting. Initially I was completely against the idea of Pearson coming in, but after reading the comments on the Leicester Forum, I wouldn't be against him provided he brings in the right back room staff.

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/112213-boro-fan-here-whats-your-thoughts-on-pearson/

I wonder who the other two names on the shortlist are. Wagner is probably one, Monk the other maybe?

I've said it before - Pearson has failed to learn from the mistakes which got Leicester into that relegation trouble in the first place, and has also failed to learn from the positive measures he was recommended by Sir Alex to turn it around. The guys a dud. And a temperamental one at that. Hiring Pearson would be a disastrous move.

Nigel Pearson is head and shoulders above the other touted names at the moment. He knows the club and was a great captain , oh and he has got teams up from the championship with great team spirit. In fact Leicester smashed the league when they went up so that would also tick one of Gibbos boxes.

So what if he is a miserable bugger with the press do any of us really give a toss if he upsets the Gazette crew!

Of the others I was originally swayed by the Wagner talk but at this moment in time I think that big Nige is the man for me. Wagner second , then the lad at Fulham and Monk fourth.

I'll support him if he comes in but Pearson would be my last choice for the job.

I think it'll be Strachan part 2 with him in charge, he's a horrible, arrogant, obnoxious bully. He'll fall out with the fans and local media very quickly if we don't start well.

He did a great job at Leicester but hasn't done that great anywhere else, he allegedly punched one of the derby players in the dressing room and the players went to the chairman because they'd had enough of him. All this was within his first couple of months in charge.

Someone posted this on fmttm about Pearson a couple of days ago. Just a few of the headlines he's created.

-Despite his relative success in his two years at Leicester, he often had a very strained relationship with chairman Milan Mandaric and chief executive Lee Hoos.

- At Hull Pearson had preached about loyalty and honesty throughout his tenure and in his final weeks responded with extreme tetchiness to any questions about his possible departure.

Predictably, the speculation turned out to be well-informed and Pearson went back to Leicester at the first hint of more cash. His decision to leave might have been better received had he the decency to offer a farewell or word of explanation to the players and remaining backroom staff whose loyalty he had demanded.

- Nigel Pearson has been no stranger to the odd run-in this season and the Leicester Citymanager was back on the offensive after Saturday’s 0-0 draw with Hull City when appearing to call a journalist a “***” after he was left unimpressed by a question.

- In December, with his team bottom of the league, he was caught telling a Leicester fan to “f--- off and die” and was fined £10,000 by the Football Association and given a one‑game touchline ban.

- In February he appeared to throttle Crystal Palace midfielder James McArthur on the touchline and then became embroiled in a row with Match of the Day presenter Gary Lineker.

- After the 3-1 defeat by Chelsea in May, he was involved in a row with a local journalist, bizarrely branding him “an ostrich”, and after securing safety the club’s reputation was tarnished by the sex tape which was leaked during the tour of Thailand.

- At Derby the exchange with Morris came as a result of a group of Rams players going to the multi-millionaire owner to complain about Pearson.

Pearson had launched a foul-mouthed tirade tearing into his Derby flops in the dressing room after the 2-1 home defeat to Blackburn a week last Saturday.

- The 53-year-old then publicly criticised them on TV as the result had left the Midlands club with one win in nine games and in the relegation zone.

- "Once a bully, always a bully," said Trevor Sinclair, the former QPR and West Ham winger."

Nigel Pearson is head and shoulders above the other touted names at the moment. He knows the club and was a great captain , oh and he has got teams up from the championship with great team spirit. In fact Leicester smashed the league when they went up so that would also tick one of Gibbos boxes.

So what if he is a miserable bugger with the press do any of us really give a toss if he upsets the Gazette crew!

Of the others I was originally swayed by the Wagner talk but at this moment in time I think that big Nige is the man for me. Wagner second , then the lad at Fulham and Monk fourth.

Holy ***, you're right. Now I feel inclined to like Pearson. 

inb4 pro karanka rants.

Pearson completely underwhelms, given the choice I'd rather have Giggs and I don't effing want Giggs. Pearson is an embarrassment waiting to happen, what will be next, punch a fan, racially abuse a player, attack an official the guy seems in desperate need of therapy and we've just got rid of a better manager who can't cope with pressure why replace him with less quality and the same inability.

Pearson... Sigh...

It could go either way with him if you ask me, maybe he would act differently under Gibson but then again he might be an utter tool. His previous run ins with players and press are making me think I dont want him anywhere near the club?

Did he leave the Boro under a cloud before? If so why the hell would Gibson even consider him? Jobs for the boys again?

I'd rather have Giggs and Avril the tea lady.