• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wagner/Jokanovic > Monk > Pearson

That said though, in his two full seasons he's had as a boss Monk has taken Swansea to 8th in the Premiership and Leeds to 7th in the Championship. With the right, experienced heads behind him I think he could do very well. He's still very young for a number 1.

Although I think there are better options out there (Jokanovic, Wagner etc), I think most fans would prefer Monk to a lot of the other names mentioned (Pearson, Grayson, Giggs).

Plays good football, players seem to like him, seemed to have stabilise Leeds (obviously up to the resignation). Not my first choice, but I'd be pretty happy with him.

Not particularly... The Thailand incident hasn't had anything to do with the discussion. I'd rather you give your opinion on my previous posts such as:

- Why should we, as Boro fans who chastated Karanka for saying the fans didn't get behind the players, be expected to trust a guy who told one of his own fans to '*** off and die'?

- Why should we hire a guy who has proven himself to be unable / unwilling to learn from his mistakes?

- Why should we hire a man who throttles opposition players on the touch line? And someone who has personally insulted his own players in the dressing room at Half Time?

- Why should we, after berating Karanka's media antics, trust and hire a man who has made AK's antics look like a little puppy?

We need to rebuild. Not destruct. Pearson is toxic, and if hired I sincerely believe will be a huge catalyst in this club remaining in the Championship for another long stint.

Maybe when Karanka gets a new job (assuming he does), then you could support that team instead?

That way you don't need to worry. Just follow Karanka from club to club! :D  :D

MOT

Wagner/Jokanovic > Monk > Pearson

That said though, in his two full seasons he's had as a boss Monk has taken Swansea to 8th in the Premiership and Leeds to 7th in the Championship. With the right, experienced heads behind him I think he could do very well. He's still very young for a number 1.

I'd agree with that.

He's not Italian enough for Watford, as for Palace who knows

It looks like Shmidt might be Watford's choice and Silva Palace's choice. I imagine Palace would potentially offer him an interview though.

After reading the Orta piece, Monk coming in after working under a similar system at Swansea would seem to be a no brainer. He's not my first choice but I won't be throwing my teddy out.

I can't shake the feeling that monk is a bit overrated if I'm honest

He turned that shower of ***e at Leeds into a team challenging for promotion. Quite an accomplishment when barely any of their team changed.

I'd expect to find out where Monk is going very soon - he wouldn't resigned if he didn't have something pretty definite lined up. Either way it will finally be a bit of actual news on the manager front for us, even if he goes somewhere else.