oneBoro Forum

New MFC Manager Thread - Garry Monk Announced

Pulis is a bit of a random one. I've seen the baggies play a few times. They can play some pretty good football. Why he'd drop down to us is a bit silly but who knows. Monk or Wagner for me please.

Maybe he just wants a new challenge and maybe he will have more money to spend here. Perhaps he feels WBA have gone as far they can.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There must be a potential manager out there for us who does not bring negative baggage with him. Pulls is an experienced manager but seems to have fallen out with the Baggies Chinese owners over his financial dealings, especially as regards his court case with Palace over severance pay, which he eventually lost. The Chinese want a new younger manager to lead them in a different direction, should we not want the same? I would be ecstatic if Wagner was that man, with Staam a close second and Monk coming in third.

He's probably trying to get a new contract

That is the only reason I could see him realistically trying to leave a PL club.

Indeed it isn't the most exciting appointment but then we just had some very successful years at the top end of the Championship that we also didn't have a very exciting manager at the helm for. And as others have said, he is certainly capable of keeping is up if he could get us promoted.

I thought we weren't gonna go for a foreign manager so for that hat reason I don't believe we're in for Pulis :s

Wasn't there talk of Pulis at the same time that we were approaching Karanka, and everyone (well, the vast majority) said how they wouldn't want Pulis?

What's changed, apart from the fact we're a much better proposition now than when we appointed Aitor?

Wasn't there talk of Pulis at the same time that we were approaching Karanka, and everyone (well, the vast majority) said how they wouldn't want Pulis?

What's changed, apart from the fact we're a much better proposition now than when we appointed Aitor?

Last season happened, mate.

He's probably trying to get a new contract

Or trying to get himself the sack. He's probably realised he has taken West Brom as far as he can.

Id expect Pulis to get us promoted and establish us as a mid table premier league club for a few seasons.

The fans would probably be pretty divided with him though because he wouldn't have us playing like Barcelona.

It would be endless threads on message boards arguing about results vs entertainment.

Our disaster season in the premiership compared to pulis performance up there probably.

Personally I wouldn't have him, I'd risk not going with 'the safe option' for someone a bit more progressive but I can see why Gibson and other people would want him.

Going for pulis has a bit of a strachan feel to it he's to much of a 'does the job', picks a team, plays matches and that's it, old school 'don't need any of that fancy crap' type guy. Will appeal to some people just not to me.