oneBoro Forum

New MFC Manager Thread - Garry Monk Announced

Swansea fans opinions of monk don't seem to be that high

https://thejack.army/threads/monk-resigns-from-leeds.13734/

A lot of criticism stems from the fact he had to contend with the same problems that Southgate did as Boro manager.

Leeds still scored more than Wagner's Huddersfield last season.

Because they got the best out of wood, after him their next top scorer had 6.

More I read about this guy the less I want him, hopefully palace get him.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To be honest the more I hear about Monk the less I want him.

In part I agree, but look what he got out of that Leeds squad, it's pretty impressive when dealing with a shambolic owner and a small budget. Let's not write him off yet... If he does come!

Garry Monk favourite for the Hull Tigers job again. We're going to end up with Nigel Pearson and I really, really don't want him.

Garry Monk favourite for the Hull Tigers job again. We're going to end up with Nigel Pearson and I really, really don't want him.

You're so reactionary it's amazing.

Keep cool man :D

so monk is a control freak and wants total control. that will be tough because gibson is exactly the same. gibson the control freak holding us back by ruling out most of the decent managers because he wants to keep his own men in place.

i have a suggestion for steve gibson. football managers know better than you, do what they tell you.

How did you come to this conclusion? Karanka brought so many of his own. Not long ago, everyone was having a go at Karanka for bringing too many of his own men in. And then people had a go at Orta. 

I'm not having a go at you, I'm just genuinely interested in how you came to that conclusion as I have almost the exact opposite picture of Gibson.

Agnew worked alongside Karanka and then used pretty much the same tactics after he left so why on Earth would SG want to keep him around when he's talked publicly about sorting out what went wrong?

It makes no sense to me, I don't get SG at all.

Where has this Gibson control freak idea come from? He's the most hands off chairman in the game and everyone knows this. Every manager that's ever worked with him has praised him for the way he runs the club.

You can't just make things up lads.

Agnew worked alongside Karanka and then used pretty much the same tactics after he left so why on Earth would SG want to keep him around when he's talked publicly about sorting out what went wrong?

It makes no sense to me, I don't get SG at all.

Why don't you try and think rationally, the same squad of players were available to Karanka and Agnew and as form goes over the course of the season they were simply not good enough that is fact no guess work needed. Take into account that some players or at least the ones that have been interviewed praise, rate and believe in Agnew whilst acknowledging his difficult position.

It is easy to come on here and dismiss someone as you are doing.

Joe Rawson‏Verified account

@joerawson

Former colleague @derekclarksport adamant a deal done for Garry Monk to become Middlesborough's next boss. Announcement this week #lufc

Just came across this on Twitter, obviously it comes from the same source as before, but he's apparently pretty sure of it.

i always thought gibson was a hands off chairman. but the rumors of him signing players and insisting on certain staff staying have been going about for a long time 10+ years. maybe he isnt so hands off after all eh. just a thought to keep in mind.

i always thought gibson was a hands off chairman. but the rumors of him signing players and insisting on certain staff staying have been going about for a long time 10+ years. maybe he isnt so hands off after all eh. just a thought to keep in mind.

If as an owner you feel you have one of the best coaches in the business why would you get rid of them

If as an owner you feel you have one of the best coaches in the business why would you get rid of them

because he kept challanging your authority?