oneBoro Forum

New MFC Manager Thread - Garry Monk Announced

I think that we are moving closer to Monk now anyway for better or for worse.

The Gazette wouldn't put themselves out on a limb regarding why they think Monk is a good fit unless it was pretty much a done deal.

They had their fingers burnt and lost a lot of credibility over McCormack and ever since they have been far more hesitant to comment on transfers and giving opinions whilst things are still in the air.

if you follow the rhetoric that came out of the Gazette last week about regarding the white band, then this is the beginning of them doing the same about Monk by floating an opinion, to then having that opinion backed up by the club a few days later. 

It begins to get the fans attuned to the idea of something before the club do it.

Could you imagine if we turned round with Pearson now, after the EG has championed Monk? They would be ridiculed, so they have clearly timed this to stop any egg being on any faces.  

With this in mind, I would bet we are less than 72 hours away from an announcement at this stage

for what it's worth, my thoughts precisely.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think that we are moving closer to Monk now anyway for better or for worse.

The Gazette wouldn't put themselves out on a limb regarding why they think Monk is a good fit unless it was pretty much a done deal.

They had their fingers burnt and lost a lot of credibility over McCormack and ever since they have been far more hesitant to comment on transfers and giving opinions whilst things are still in the air.

if you follow the rhetoric that came out of the Gazette last week about regarding the white band, then this is the beginning of them doing the same about Monk by floating an opinion, to then having that opinion backed up by the club a few days later. 

It begins to get the fans attuned to the idea of something before the club do it.

Could you imagine if we turned round with Pearson now, after the EG has championed Monk? They would be ridiculed, so they have clearly timed this to stop any egg being on any faces.  

With this in mind, I would bet we are less than 72 hours away from an announcement at this stage

Are you trying to claim the Gazette intentionally post articles at times to prepare their readers for an announcement?

Quick, where's CT to debunk this as tosh, despite it being totally accurate.

Concerned if Monk accepts Agnew as part of the set up for Gibson and for whatever reason there is a split in the camp between Monks new players and those loyal to Agnew it wont effect morale.(Monk must fully trust Agnew and not be concerned he is there for Gibson and seeking his job)

A lot has been mentioned about the Monk/Laudrup incident or what it was. No one really k own what went wrong but I will say that Laudrup is a man I would never trust and I'm fairly confident that him and his agent proved to be their own downfall. There is a reason he is never with his clubs for any long period and also why he can only get a job in the Middle East now. His agent is the worst of them all in the game and Laudrup is his little puppet. When the going gets tough or if the owners say no to request he downs tools, creates a bad atmosphere and ultimately leaves. He is a one season manager because after that it quickly deteriorates. If monk orchestrated a player's revolt I'm not condoning it but there is definately a reason to it and history suggests that Laudrup had simply lost interest.

I think you'll struggle to find a manager/pro footballer that hasn't been involved in a bust up. Lots of *** probably goes down on the training pitch that no one outside is aware of. It's how you move on from there. We can hope he is better at moving on than AK obviously was.

According to sky sources Wagner signs new contract for Huddersfield.

The northern echo are still reporting a fourth candidate is under consideration to. I wonder who it could be? Assuming the three below have been Interviewed.

1, Pearson

2, Monk

3, Agnew

4?, Hiddink? Pardew? Grayson? Giggs?

If our list is Pearson, Monk, Agnew and someone like Alex Neil it seems like we are setting the bar very low.

I would hope the club are being a bit more creative and ambitious than that, I know someone like Hiddink is very unlikely but at least try for a few managers like that.

If our list is Pearson, Monk, Agnew and someone like Alex Neil it seems like we are setting the bar very low.

I would hope the club are being a bit more creative and ambitious than that, I know someone like Hiddink is very unlikely but at least try for a few managers like that.

Maybe they have tried and been rebuffed every time because top managers don't need to spend time in the Championship. They will have plenty of suiters elsewhere. It'll be a young up n coming manager or someone experienced who isn't quite good enough to attract top league interest.

If you are looking toward the lower leagues then Darrell Clarke at Bristol Rovers deserves a mention, 4 promotions with two teams in non league and football league. Young English manager with tons of potential.. ex pools player, knows the area and understands the people. Very popular with fans at the clubs he's been at. If you are going to take a punt, thats the sort of punt to take!

I think the Cowley brothers also have potential but will look for back to back promotions with Lincoln before moving up and truly testing themselves at a higher level.