oneBoro Forum

New MFC Manager Thread - Garry Monk Announced

Why does Gibson interfere with signing players? You're living in cloud cuckoo land if you think Karanka bought Jordan Rhodes, so who decided on that signing? Karanka was even quoted at the time as saying he was a present from the chairman.

Gibson isn't blameless for last season or any other season where things have gone wrong. He's happy to take credit for success so he has to shoulder some blame when we fail. That's how life works.

And before anyone tells me Gibson doesn't interfere I know 100% that Gibson bought Woodgate when Mowbray was here. This was despite Mowbray being told weeks earlier that there was no money available for a list of players he wanted.

I just glad I can log in to read the conspiracy theories from Cloud Cuckoo Land.

in the risk of being dragged in, Just out of interest, how much did Woodgate cost?

Brought Woodgate back on stupid wages that should read, the point remains the same. Or are you going to argue now that Woodgate was playing for free as well?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Few boro fans i follow tweeting the hold up Gibson wants to keep the current coaching staff on. Southgate all over again. No one knows apart from Mr Gibson but to me Steve Agnew's contract talks to become Head Coach are taking longer than expected.

Tidied. ;)

Ha brilliant!

If the reports from the Gazette are to be believed, he failed to control his manager and chief scout. He failed to back his manager with adequate signings in January. He failed to implement a proper plan/strategy for our summer before the premier league.

1. He failed to control his manager and chief scout.

- How? He hires a manager to do a job. If the manager isn't doing his job he fires him. The only criticism i'd level at Gibson is that he didn't fire his manager sooner. That criticism has been levelled at Gibson before but he's also be praised for sticking with managers through very tough spells.

2. He failed to back his manager with adequate signings in January.

- He spent £16 million in January. He doesn't choose who the manager buys.

3.He failed to implement a proper plan/strategy for our summer before the premier league.

- This is vague, however we went into the season with Karanka. We bought the players he wanted. What kind of strategy do you want?

1. The Gazette reported that Orta was getting involved in first team matters and tried to enter the dressing room to talk to 'his players', if true he should been sacked on the spot. if Karanka was actively involved in Orta doing this then the same should've been done to him.

2. We'll it's a mystery who does decide who we buy then. Karanka signed Gestede, Bamford and Guedioura then proceeded not to play any of them? Seems an odd choice. And then he publicly criticises our recruitment, despite him being the one making those signings? Was he experiencing multiple personality disorder?

3. This just carries on from 2, the players we signed over the summer clearly weren't all Karankas choice. I know you won't agree because you seem to not be able to see that we have signed players to play 3 or 4 different systems, despite our manager only ever playing one system. Look back further than just the summer, Rhodes, Downing, Forshaw, Fischer, Guedioura, Gestede, they don't fit the system, so ask yourself, why would our manager who only had one system buy these players who clearly don't fit? Forshaw is a great example, Karanka sold a very similar player in Jacob Butterfield only 6 months before someone at the club decided we had to get Forshaw.

You are dead right Will, why would Karanka sign Gestede then criticise the signing in the press?

Why would he sign Downing or Rhodes and not play them despite them being two of our highest earners at the club when they came in?

There has been a lack of leadership at the club which comes from the very top, the manager and scouts or whoever is buying players should at least be on the same page. This has clearly not happened in the last season and maybe even longer.

Whoever identified Gestede in January should never be allowed to scout players again because that signing for a premier league club was an embarrassment.

Why does Gibson interfere with signing players? You're living in cloud cuckoo land if you think Karanka bought Jordan Rhodes, so who decided on that signing? Karanka was even quoted at the time as saying he was a present from the chairman.

Gibson isn't blameless for last season or any other season where things have gone wrong. He's happy to take credit for success so he has to shoulder some blame when we fail. That's how life works.

And before anyone tells me Gibson doesn't interfere I know 100% that Gibson bought Woodgate when Mowbray was here. This was despite Mowbray being told weeks earlier that there was no money available for a list of players he wanted.

I just glad I can log in to read the conspiracy theories from Cloud Cuckoo Land.

in the risk of being dragged in, Just out of interest, how much did Woodgate cost?

Brought Woodgate back on stupid wages that should read, the point remains the same. Or are you going to argue now that Woodgate was playing for free as well?

No I'm not going to argue that.

I just think that people are obsessed with the fact that they think Gibson meddled in the signing of Rhodes and Downing. It's just conspiracy theories.

If you could find me that quote from Karanka re: the present though, that would be helpful.

Other than that, I'd love to get back to talking about our incoming manager....

No I'm not going to argue that.

I just think that people are obsessed with the fact that they think Gibson meddled in the signing of Rhodes and Downing. It's just conspiracy theories.

If you could find me that quote from Karanka re: the present though, that would be helpful.

Other than that, I'd love to get back to talking about our incoming manager....

The Woodgate thing isn't a conspiracy theory, don't believe if you don't want to but it is the truth. Don't forget Mowbray and his no2 were both local lads so things did come out.

Things we all know:

Humpty  :heart: Gibson

Humpty  :heart: Downing

Will  :@ Gibson

Will  :@ Downing

Opposites attract, therefore...

Humpty  :heart: Will

Will  :heart: Humpty

Just admit it lads. It'll save us all a load of drama. My and my Mrs argue sometimes, it just lets us clear the air... We always know we're loved though :angel:

From the telegraph

Karanka admits he was stunned when chairman Steve Gibson told him he had signed Rhodes, after a 24 hour dispute over wage demands had been resolved on Monday. The fee will rise to £13m if Boro are promoted to the Premier League.

“I can’t say more good things about the chairman than I have in the past,” added Karanka, who was Jose Mourinho’s assistant manager at Real Madrid. “When you are not expecting anything more, he arrives with Jordan Rhodes and you can’t say no.

“I can understand how jealous other managers are of me because I am here. At the start of January 31, I had my squad completely perfect, and then he arrived on the last day with Jordan Rhodes. For that reason, what can I say about him once again?"

I don't hate Gibson, couldn't be further from the truth to be honest. I also don't hate Downing, his performances since coming back have been poor as has his attitude, what he did to the fans at the Southampton game is unforgivable but I don't hate him.

One thing you did get right though, I bloody love Humpty.

What did Downing do to the fans?

Flicked them the v as he was booed off the pitch, then argued with anyone who wanted it in the West lower.

What did Downing do to the fans?

Apparently gave us the middle finger. I didn't personally see it from where I was in the RF but he was getting an almighty booing off the park, which is what he's said to have reacted to

Edit: maybe it was the duo as above, not sure

I don't hate Gibson, couldn't be further from the truth to be honest. I also don't hate Downing, his performances since coming back have been poor as has his attitude, what he did to the fans at the Southampton game is unforgivable but I don't hate him.

I meant more 'angry at' than 'hate' man. Glad you're coming round to the Humpty love though :heart:

I meant more 'angry at' than 'hate' man. Glad you're coming round to the Humpty love though :heart:

I hate Downing.