oneBoro Forum

New MFC Manager Thread - Garry Monk Announced

No. If we start the season with Agnew then the season will be a write off. It's imperative you get of to a good start in the Championship. Just look at our promotion winning season.

Actually, history shows us that if you finish the season with Agnew then the season will be a write off  :)

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What I can't understand is why it's taking do long considering weve had 4 months to search for a manager, make a decision on who we wanted most, Get a deal lined up and have initial talks with agents etc. Shouldn't it have been the case that we pounced as soon as the playoffs etc were over?

Especially when you consider if the top 3 are monk, agnew and Pearson then we could have been freely speaking to and interviewing two out of those three for the entire four months. Something just doesn't add up so i think we may be looking at an appointment that we aren't expecting

At last some one starts talking sense,I think its some one we haven't thought of yet,maybe a Foreign manager? But there again I'm not all there

Middlesbrough to choose between Garry Monk and Nigel Pearson as new manager, with current interim boss Steve Agnew ruled out of the running

Steve Agnew is the current Middlesbrough manager in an interim role

Agnew replaced Aitor Karanka who was sacked as Boro boss back in March

But Garry Monk and Nigel Pearson lead race to take charge at Riverside Stadium

Middlesbrough are preparing for Championship after Premier league relegation

https://tinyurl.com/y78cbw7z

Hartlepool should go in for Agnew. Would be a massive paycut :D

Hartlepool just appointed Craig Harrison didn't they?

Hartlepool should go in for Agnew. Would be a massive paycut :D

Hartlepool just appointed Craig Harrison didn't they?

Yes, Agnew would be his Assistant.

:)

This might be a question already answered but a lot of people keep talking about gibson and his desire to keep agnew in.

Is there any hard evidance of this or is it all here say?

This might be a question already answered but a lot of people keep talking about gibson and his desire to keep agnew in.

Is there any hard evidance of this or is it all here say?

The Gazette have remarked that Gibbo wants to hang onto Agnew.

The stuff about it being a sticking point in the negotiations with potential new managers is all twitter-talk.

An article in the Gazette about Garry Monk's options. Not about any other manager, just about him and the clubs that he could choose from.

I'm not saying the Gazette DO know anything about a (hopefully) imminent appointment, but if they DID, they've mentioned Monk far more than Pearson or anyone else in the last week.

In fairness Monk has been the firm favourite for the job for quite a while so you would expect the Gazette to be doing more articles about him than anyone else.